What Interrogation Techniques are Acceptable?

Now this is nice. A sorta Conservative Kumbaya moment... soul mates so to speak.

This love fest should be very interesting. There's a lot to talk about. The advantages of cross burning compared to goose stepping etc.

Anyone wanting to know where the Radical Right Mr. Limbaugh types would lead... this is a case study in progression.

Don't believe it... watch... they're in America and they're in this clip talking about killing our citizens and our President!
You're so predictable, its funny :)

I hope Saxon sticks around...

You can finally call someone a fascist and for once be accurate!

Other than that, you're entirely off topic... so if you wish to continue to personally attack me and spew your navy blue hate speech, you should do so in another thread... Oh wait, you do that in every thread...

Werbung:
So we can do precisely what the enemy had done and carpet bomb entire cities, indiscriminately killing thousands of innocent men, women and children and that's neither an 'act of savagery' or 'becoming like the enemy'?

We didn't start the war, nor did we set out to kill civilians as a policy. What we did was to fight against Hitler and Hirohito and stop their attempt to conquer the rest of the world. Unfortunately, in such a war there are going to be civilian casualties, but the alternative is worse yet.

Are you talking about the specific act of Waterboarding (which we disagree is torture) or are you talking about the other 99.99% of acts that we can both agree are torture? Because I don't think we should actually torture people either.

Or are you being as intellectually dishonest as Top Gun and saying there is no difference... that waterboarding is just as bad as say... plucking out fingernails or crushing testicles with a hammer?

Of course there is a difference in methods of torture. Some are worse than others.

If we waterboard so much as a single mass-murdering Al Qaeda terrorist known to be "the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks", that constitutes 'becoming like the enemy'... Please name for me an American that was waterboarded by AQ or the Taliban.

You know very well that we did more than waterboard one mass murdering Al Qaeda terrorist.

You can finally call someone a fascist and for once be accurate!

Other than that, you're entirely off topic... so if you wish to continue to personally attack me and spew your navy blue hate speech, you should do so in another thread... Oh wait, you do that in every thread...

I rather like it here. Whether I 'stick around' is not up to me, but the Mods. I have already been warned once. Whether they decide to ban me is up to them. I enjoy owning liberals.

We didn't start the war, nor did we set out to kill civilians as a policy. What we did was to fight against Hitler and Hirohito and stop their attempt to conquer the rest of the world. Unfortunately, in such a war there are going to be civilian casualties, but the alternative is worse yet.

Of course there is a difference in methods of torture. Some are worse than others.

You know very well that we did more than waterboard one mass murdering Al Qaeda terrorist.

Hirohito and Hitler were set to conquer the world? I should like to remind you that US interference in the advancement of both regimes let to WWII. Did not the Americans embargo Japan, thus depriving that nation of much-needed supplies? Did not Britain threaten the Nazis with war if they attempted to take back territory that was theirs to begin with? Hmmm? The US supported all of these actions. Hypocrites. The provoke the combatants, then point at them and scream 'evil bastards, they must be stopped!!! Let us destroy them!' Let Mexico take Texas, then get back to me. Let another nation stop your shipments of crude from both Saudi Arabia and Canada, then get back to me. You were saying...? The American people are hypocrites.

Hirohito and Hitler were set to conquer the world? I should like to remind you that US interference in the advancement of both regimes let to WWII. Did not the Americans embargo Japan, thus depriving that nation of much-needed supplies? Did not Britain threaten the Nazis with war if they attempted to take back territory that was theirs to begin with? Hmmm? The US supported all of these actions. Hypocrites. The provoke the combatants, then point at them and scream 'evil bastards, they must be stopped!!! Let us destroy them!' Let Mexico take Texas, then get back to me. Let another nation stop your shipments of crude from both Saudi Arabia and Canada, then get back to me. You were saying...? The American people are hypocrites.

Yes, Hirohito and Hitler were out to conquer the world. It was they, not the allies, who started the war. Had the US stayed home and maintained its isolationist attitude, the world could very well be a much different place today than it is now.

You might think you're a big bad fascist, but I'd be willing to bet you're a lot better off living in Canada than you would have been in Hitler's Germany.

I rather like it here. Whether I 'stick around' is not up to me, but the Mods. I have already been warned once. Whether they decide to ban me is up to them. I enjoy owning liberals.

Just avoid blatant personal attacks and don't spout any antisemitic drivel, you'll be just fine.

The Progs like to call people like me a fascist for supporting limited government, lower taxes, individual liberty and Laissez-faire Capitalism but as people can see by your positions on issues, such name calling is simply political demonization attempts by the Progs. Anyone who opposes a Prog will be immediately demonized as a fascist, racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe.... Its just how the Progs operate. They have no substance, which you know well enough by now, so name calling, logical fallacies and emotional appeals are the only weapons in their arsenal.

Enough of this though... We are totally off topic. You should read the entire thread... Its a pretty good one.

Did we attack ourselves on 9/11 starting the war in Afghanistan? (cue the 9/11 truther moonbats)

Did we enter that war with the intent to torture?

Could it be said that we did what we thought was necessary to avoid another 9/11?

At least your honest enough to admit that waterboarding is not the same thing as crushing testicles, or whatever morbid sexual fantasies some dream up to equate with waterboarding.

You missed my point. If we waterboard so much as one single terrorist, you think we've lowered ourselves to the point of becoming savages and no better than the enemy we're fighting... is that not correct?

Just avoid blatant personal attacks and don't spout any antisemitic drivel, you'll be just fine.

The Progs like to call people like me a fascist for supporting limited government, lower taxes, individual liberty and Laissez-faire Capitalism but as people can see by your positions on issues, such name calling is simply political demonization attempts by the Progs. Anyone who opposes a Prog will be immediately demonized as a fascist, racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe.... Its just how the Progs operate. They have no substance, which you know well enough by now, so name calling, logical fallacies and emotional appeals are the only weapons in their arsenal.

Enough of this though... We are totally off topic. You should read the entire thread... Its a pretty good one.

But Gen others go out of their way to do blatant personal attacks, actually that is all they do and they are still here. I am not sure if that is accurate advice.

But Gen others go out of their way to do blatant personal attacks, actually that is all they do and they are still here. I am not sure if that is accurate advice.

Progs can do or say anything they want... They operate on a "Progressive" standard, they are the only ones who don't believe in free speech around here, they are the only ones who think they have a right to not be offended, they are the only ones who will report those with whom they disagree...

Progs can do or say anything they want... They operate on a "Progressive" standard, they are the only ones who don't believe in free speech around here, they are the only ones who think they have a right to not be offended, they are the only ones who will report those with whom they disagree...

If the new guy has already had a warning and the asp4ever person is still around after daily personal attacks then you really are right, its double standards.

We went through this with the canadian guy last year. He would drive everyone crazy with his personal attacks then when you finally had enough and said something back he would report you and you were the one in trouble.

Ugh!

This too shall pass....

I KNOW! It's kinda like saying the it will get dark tonight... the truth is soooo very predictable.:)

This is the hard Right of the Conservatism, fascism. People need to know and get to see what can happen if it gets to play its way out.

I have no doubt... :)

Did we attack ourselves on 9/11 starting the war in Afghanistan? (cue the 9/11 truther moonbats)

Did we enter that war with the intent to torture?

Could it be said that we did what we thought was necessary to avoid another 9/11?

We didn't attack ourselves on 9/11, and the "truther moonbats" are just wrong about that. Afganistan didn't attack us, and neither did Iraq. We were attacked by Al Qaeda, which was an enemy of Iraq as well as other ME countries. Most of the attackers were from our "friend and ally" Saudi Arabia, whom we would never dare attack as it would create an economic depression in the entire western world, and we know it.

At least your honest enough to admit that waterboarding is not the same thing as crushing testicles, or whatever morbid sexual fantasies some dream up to equate with waterboarding.

You missed my point. If we waterboard so much as one single terrorist, you think we've lowered ourselves to the point of becoming savages and no better than the enemy we're fighting... is that not correct?

But, that is an hypothetical question. We didn't just waterboard one bad guy, or three bad guys who gave us information we needed to save LA, as the pro torture people would have us believe. That is just as much a moonbat idea as arguing that our own government was behind the attack on the twin towers.

A lot of bad things happen in wartime. One of those things is the mistreatment of prisoners. Excusing, ignoring, or denying such mistreatment, denying or excusing any of the horrible things that happen during war, is disingenuous to the extreme, and only encourages further wars.

John Kennedy said it best:

Mankind must put an end to wars, or wars will put an end to mankind.

Did not the Americans embargo Japan, thus depriving that nation of much-needed supplies?

Did not Japan first invade China, which at the time was more or less an ally, and partake in such actions as the "Rape of Nanking?"

Did not Britain threaten the Nazis with war if they attempted to take back territory that was theirs to begin with? Hmmm?

It was legally not their territory, and to take it is a clear aggressive action.

The US supported all of these actions.

I did not realize standing for the law is such a bad thing in your view.

Hypocrites. The provoke the combatants, then point at them and scream 'evil bastards, they must be stopped!!! Let us destroy them!' Let Mexico take Texas, then get back to me. Let another nation stop your shipments of crude from both Saudi Arabia and Canada, then get back to me. You were saying...? The American people are hypocrites.

Provoke? We did not force Japan to invade China before an embargo. We did not force the Nazi's to adopt an expansionist policy. Your grasp of history is quite one sided.

Afganistan didn't attack us, and neither did Iraq. We were attacked by Al Qaeda...
Lets ignore Iraq for now since neither of us wanted to go there in the first place... You appear to be saying that we shouldn't have gone to war in Afghanistan, since it was only AQ who attacked us and not the country of Afghanistan. If this is the case, how do you think we should have responded to the 9/11 attacks? As a LEOP, as the Left treats terrorism, or what?

But, that is an hypothetical question....
You can't answer a hypothetical question?

Would we, or would we not, be lowering ourselves to the level of the terrorists we fight by waterboarding so much as one terrorist?

We didn't just waterboard one bad guy, or three bad guys who gave us information we needed to save LA....
Since you know exactly how many we waterboarded, then please share that number.

as the pro torture people would have us believe....
Besides Saxon.... Who is pro torture? Who the F has said that we should torture people?

Are you now going to go back on what I had just asked you about, and changing your position to one of being intellectually dishonest and claiming that those who disagree with you on the SPECIFIC issue of waterboarding are somehow Pro-Torture? ...That if we don't agree with you on that SPECIFIC technique then that somehow means we think crushing testicles and gouging eyes with hot pokers is acceptable behavior?

That is just as much a moonbat idea as arguing that our own government was behind the attack on the twin towers.
Well if you have the facts on who, and how many, were subject to waterboarding, then share them.

A lot of bad things happen in wartime. One of those things is the mistreatment of prisoners. Excusing, ignoring, or denying such mistreatment, denying or excusing any of the horrible things that happen during war, is disingenuous to the extreme, and only encourages further wars.

Are you jumping subjects now or what? Because we both agree that the horrors of Abu Ghraib and elsewhere are inexcusable and the perpetrators deserve the severest of punishment.

Waterboarding was done legally and in accordance with the Geneva Convention, you may not agree that it was legal or in accordance with the GC, but such were the findings of the legal scholars who crafted our interrogation methods and detention policies.

This nonsense about Bush and his Administration being war criminals is just as kooky as the 9/11 truther stories... Conspiracy theories driven by ignorance, hatred and fear.

Werbung:
Lets ignore Iraq for now since neither of us wanted to go there in the first place... You appear to be saying that we shouldn't have gone to war in Afghanistan, since it was only AQ who attacked us and not the country of Afghanistan. If this is the case, how do you think we should have responded to the 9/11 attacks? As a LEOP, as the Left treats terrorism, or what?

We should have gone into Afganistan and Pakistan with a genuine multi national force, which would have been quite possible after 911 and before the invasion of Iraq, rooted out Bin Laden and his fellow cockroaches, and gone home. I've posted the above many times.

The whole thing should be over by now, with the planners and chiefs of the terrorist attack either dead or (preferably) behind bars.

I say preferably, since extremists like AlQaeda thrive on martyrs.

You can't answer a hypothetical question?

Would we, or would we not, be lowering ourselves to the level of the terrorists we fight by waterboarding so much as one terrorist?

Officially sanctioning waterboarding would have been descending to the level of the perpetrators, yes, even if there had been no other form of torture. Perhaps it could have been justified by an end justifies the means kind of argument, but it would still have been compromising our values.

Hypothetically, of course.

Since you know exactly how many we waterboarded, then please share that number.

No one knows how many were tortured, nor how much of the torture was water boarding and how much was something else. What is known is that there was a lot more going on than water boarding three known terrorists.

Besides Saxon.... Who is pro torture? Who the F has said that we should torture people?

There have been several, but all of them seem to subscribe to the unsustainable argument that waterboarding was the only form of torture, and that only a few known terrorists were water boarded.

Are you now going to go back on what I had just asked you about, and changing your position to one of being intellectually dishonest and claiming that those who disagree with you on the SPECIFIC issue of waterboarding are somehow Pro-Torture? ...That if we don't agree with you on that SPECIFIC technique then that somehow means we think crushing testicles and gouging eyes with hot pokers is acceptable behavior?

My position is what it has always been: Having compromised our values and engaged in torture was reprehensible and counterproductive in the war on terror. And yes, water boarding has been torture ever since Torquemada perfected the technique hundreds of years ago.

Are you jumping subjects now or what? Because we both agree that the horrors of Abu Ghraib and elsewhere are inexcusable and the perpetrators deserve the severest of punishment.

Excellent. We are in agreement on that point.

Waterboarding was done legally and in accordance with the Geneva Convention, you may not agree that it was legal or in accordance with the GC, but such were the findings of the legal scholars who crafted our interrogation methods and detention policies.

This nonsense about Bush and his Administration being war criminals is just as kooky as the 9/11 truther stories... Conspiracy theories driven by ignorance, hatred and fear.

The legality of mistreatment of prisoners was based on labeling them with a new term that meant that they had no rights. It was a lot like calling slaves n****, which meant they weren't human. In fact, we have invented a term for every enemy we've fought in recent years that meant that the enemy wasn't made up of human beings like ourselves.

As for Bush and Cheney being war criminals, no, I wouldn't go that far. The former was simply incompetent to use the power he was given, the other a true believer that the end justifies the means.

The fact remains that had we done what I suggested in the first paragraph, there would have been no torturing of prisoners. Whether or not Bush et. al. sanctioned said torture or not, what happened was a direct result of having decided to start a war in the first place.

And yes, I understand that the Congress is partly to blame as well.

Back