What do you think of Independents

Well my plans include bringing heavy taxes to the wealthy and to tax less to the middle class and the poor. This is also true with corporations and big businesses, and of course the banks. They have most of the money in the first place.
Soak the rich.
Well I would start by increasing the budget for schools in my area.
Throw money at the problem.
My plans include that we need to have a larger budget for our police and sherriffs deparments.

Yeah, you've got a promising career in politics.

Werbung:
Soak the rich.

Yeah, you've got a promising career in politics.

its hard to soak the rich locally outside of very large cities much less big business. people can move and most places dont have big businesses.

Excuse me? Money is the problem. Most schools do not have enough to support all of there needs. As for police, money would help make sure they have more equipment, and provide an ability to hire more officers if needed.

its hard to soak the rich locally outside of very large cities much less big business. people can move and most places dont have big businesses.

Yes true but its a thought and as for big business, my city has alot of it.

And dogtowner, as for the money problem, if politicians would handle money better, we all would have alot more of it. As for taxing the wealthy, we need to set better state and fed taxes to do so. And again, I am not trying to just throw money at these problems, it just seems like a step to take. The US needs to look at what needs to be spent on and what doesnt.

Excuse me? Money is the problem. Most schools do not have enough to support all of there needs.
Nor will they ever.

You said they needed better learning supplies, I would suggest they need better administration.

You said the schools need security and officers, I would suggest they need greater discipline.

You say the teachers should be the ones making sure students are on top of their studies, I would suggest that such a job is the responsibility of parents.

As for police, money would help make sure they have more equipment, and provide an ability to hire more officers if needed.
A cop can only use one gun at a time, can only drive one car at a time, can only use one radio at a time...

Perhaps rather than more equipment, your community would benefit by higher standards being imposed on your current force, a new police chief, or even a joint police-community project to address the major issues you face as a community.

Yes true but its a thought and as for big business, my city has alot of it.
How much of your industrial/commercial area sits vacant, without business to fill the plots of land? 5%, 10%, 15% etc.

And again, I am not trying to just throw money at these problems, it just seems like a step to take. The US needs to look at what needs to be spent on and what doesnt.

Don't let them get you down Mr. Harris. They have this bizarre notion that government is ineffective, ignoring the hundreds of years of progress that America has made being led by our government... by the people, for the people.

Just because they cry the loudest, please try to ignore the impulse to please them. They can't be pleased... or appeased. You just have to live and work by your convictions and do what's right despite the naysayers.

Good luck, Mr. Harris.

Thank you Citizenzen, GenSeneca, I have not seen our local budget but I am sure that there is somewhere.

Nor will they ever.

You said they needed better learning supplies, I would suggest they need better administration.

You said the schools need security and officers, I would suggest they need greater discipline.

You say the teachers should be the ones making sure students are on top of their studies, I would suggest that such a job is the responsibility of parents.

As for administration, I cannot tell them who should be in it or run for school boards but thats a thought.

Schools do need greater discipline, the thing is, how? It can be taught in the schools but where it needs to start is in the parents.

As for the studies, yes that is partly the parents job but also the teachers to remind students of what they need to get done.

A cop can only use one gun at a time, can only drive one car at a time, can only use one radio at a time...

Perhaps rather than more equipment, your community would benefit by higher standards being imposed on your current force, a new police chief, or even a joint police-community project to address the major issues you face as a community.

Yes but giving the department a larger budget can also help, but I like that idea of putting together a project for both the department and community. Thanks

Lets cut the military Budget by 70% and yell at Republicans every time they want to fix it by "throwing money at it"

So you basically want the US to have a bad miltary and you accuse all Republicans of being bad politicians?

Look we do spend to much on our armed forces and the Republicans do not always have bad ideas.

So you basically want the US to have a bad miltary and you accuse all Republicans of being bad politicians?

Look we do spend to much on our armed forces and the Republicans do not always have bad ideas.

I ment it more as a point , not that I would realy want it...I do think we spend way to much on the military...but also anyone on here can tell you, I am a strong military backer as well though.

If we cut the military by 75% we'd still spend more than Russia and China combined. And with our NATO allies we'd outspend those two countries by over 3 to 1. And we'd save about $500 billion a year! We could solve a lot of problems, or pay off a good chunk of debt with that kind of cheddar.

How much defense is enough Mr. Harris? Does it make sense to spend as much as the rest of the world combined? Could you imagine the outcry if we spent as much as the rest of the world combined on welfare? The conservatives would riot in the streets! But for some reason we don't question when that same kind of obscene overspending goes to the military.

We need our leaders to take a critical look at this. If you do enter the political arena, I hope you will.

But you don't have to listen to me. ;)

Of course, thats why I got into politics. Yes I think we need to cut back our spending but still need to spend more than others if we are to stay the superpower. But overall we could cut the budget which would allow more money to better cause.

Werbung:
As for administration, I cannot tell them who should be in it or run for school boards but thats a thought.
Do your homework, find the receipts and outlays, look for waste not only in the school budget but everywhere your town spends money. That should be job number one, eliminate any waste or redundancy in the system before you even consider raising taxes.

Schools do need greater discipline, the thing is, how?
Perhaps I wasn't clear... If you have students that cause trouble, are disrupting class etc. expel them. Adding security and police is an attempt to deal with the symptoms of your problem, the cure lies in eliminating the problem.

As for the studies, yes that is partly the parents job but also the teachers to remind students of what they need to get done.
And you really think that it is necessary to have one on one conversations to go over with students what they have to accomplish in order to graduate?

Yes but giving the department a larger budget can also help
In what way? Give me specifics.

I like that idea of putting together a project for both the department and community. Thanks
You're welcome.

Back