What do you think of Independents

Believe it or not, the founders did know how to read and write. If you think it's odd that people can know what they thought about this or that issue, it's because we actually bothered reading what they had to say about the topic... Strange concept for you to grasp I'm sure.

actuly Washington I believe was , while able to write, was said to have something misspelled in every other sentence...Was in the book, "The Founding Brothers"

writing was not realy needed for what he did...and when it was needed he had others do it for him.

Werbung:
I want to work with and for the people by actually listening...

This is pure crap. Who doesn't know the concerns of Americans these days? Anybody with half a brain should be up on what the people want. We need politicians to act based upon their convictions and the best interests of the country. If you want my vote, you'd start by dropping the schmaltzy rhetoric... I've heard an earful of that.

First off, I believe all individuals, regardless of race, sex, and sexual orientation, should have equal rights.

Thumbs up.

I also believe that free markets are what made this country so rich in the first place.

Too simplistic. It didn't hurt that we found ourselves on one of the worlds largest landmasses with seemingly endless resources. That's a big reason why this country became so rich.

I also think that smaller government is better, limiting the federal and state.

I frankly don't care about the size, I just care if it works. Right now, it isn't doing so well. Fix that aspect and let the size determine itself.

Last but not least, the government should always carry out their duties, especially when dealing with tax payer money.

I have no idea what this means. But again... that schmaltzy rhetoric sounds pretty canned and lame. Congratulations! You sound like you've got an innate talent for politics.

Now, how good looking are you?

This is pure crap. Who doesn't know the concerns of Americans these days? Anybody with half a brain should be up on what the people want. We need politicians to act based upon their convictions and the best interests of the country. If you want my vote, you'd start by dropping the schmaltzy rhetoric... I've heard an earful of that.

First off, whats wrong with saying you want to actually listen to people more? If you want to know what actions I would take on issues, just ask.

Too simplistic. It didn't hurt that we found ourselves on one of the worlds largest landmasses with seemingly endless resources. That's a big reason why this country became so rich.

Yes that is a big factor in it. But free market is another thing that you must think about when looking at what created all the wealth.

I frankly don't care about the size, I just care if it works. Right now, it isn't doing so well. Fix that aspect and let the size determine itself.

Your right, politicians need to show the people that they can be honest and hardworking as well. They need to actually get things done, I agree.

I have no idea what this means. But again... that schmaltzy rhetoric sounds pretty canned and lame. Congratulations! You sound like you've got an innate talent for politics.

Now, how good looking are you?

That means that the government should be more responsible, especially when it comes to our budget as it is not endless and it comes straight from all tax payers.

Anything else just ask.

actuly Washington I believe was , while able to write, was said to have something misspelled in every other sentence...Was in the book, "The Founding Brothers"

writing was not realy needed for what he did...and when it was needed he had others do it for him.

He knew how to read and write.

As for his proficiency, if Washington also had problems with grammar, sentence structure and punctuation on top of his spelling errors, then the two of you have a great deal in common where literary prowess is concerned.

Thank you that was interesting reading I had forgotten about the number of merchants that were at least putting their time in to the may-lay:cool:

I personally would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during all of that discussion but for the amount of smoke in the room which surely would have killed me..but being a female my role would have been allotted to just fetching the grog and emptying the spittoons...LOL

You mean our Founders actually your talents even then!! WOW!! It proves they were inspired by GOD!

Thank you that was interesting reading I had forgotten about the number of merchants that were at least putting their time in to the may-lay:cool:

I personally would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during all of that discussion but for the amount of smoke in the room which surely would have killed me..but being a female my role would have been allotted to just fetching the grog and emptying the spittoons...LOL

You mean our Founders actually knew your talents even then!! WOW!! It proves they were inspired by GOD!

Gen. I would never take you for being arrogant.:)It's all good and ty for your response.:)
Well that just proves that he's selective in the type of responses that he types when you don't agree with his ideologies/mindset;)
GenSeneca Said: He knew how to read and write.

As for his proficiency, if Washington also had problems with grammar, sentence structure and punctuation on top of his spelling errors, then the two of you have a great deal in common where literary prowess is concerned.
Arrogant insults is his forte! But he'll tell you that he's above all that spitefulness...ya, RIIIGHT

We had a fellow who ran for state elegate as an indy, had little or no stated platform but stated he wanted to listen to the people and serve their needs.

Got crushed.

First off he was quite liberal as you seem to be and tied to Obama to set that que3stion to rest. And the it came back to the same question put to you, which people will you listen to and serve the interests of ?

Arrogant insults is his forte! But he'll tell you that he's above all that spitefulness...ya, RIIIGHT
Pot... Kettle... Black...

aria09031920090319014551.jpg

which people will you listen to and serve the interests of ?

I think his answer was, "The majority". If I am wrong Mr. Harris, please correct me.

Good politicians do not follow the will of the people, they lead the people in a specific direction. If we simply wish to have the will of the people followed, we don't need politicians for that, we could simply write software programs that perform that function and execute commands based on popular will. Such a system is known as Virtual or E-Democracy.

I think his answer was, "The majority". If I am wrong Mr. Harris, please correct me.
E-Democracy.

Yes. Sadly this is what many independents do. They just want to get along and be lead by the nose by whomever has the power. This is because they have no clue what they believe.

Independents want to stand in the middle of the road. So, they commonly get run over.

There is a line in the sand and independents want to straddle it rather than stand for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

He knew how to read and write.

I have never claimed to be a good speller...oddly I can spell much better in Spanish.

Good politicians do not follow the will of the people, they lead the people in a specific direction. If we simply wish to have the will of the people followed, we don't need politicians for that, we could simply write software programs that perform that function and execute commands based on popular will. Such a system is known as Virtual or E-Democracy.

yup. and why would you think that they would do this ? makes me wonder who or what is behind the curtain, at least with the party you know.

The majority of independends gravitate toward a conservtive candidate, if one is present and clearly articulates that.

Remember, independents voted for Obama because he passed himself off as a moderate. There was no conservative candidate running in 2008.

Werbung:
Independents want to stand in the middle of the road... There is a line in the sand and independents want to straddle it...
As I was saying to Ktucan, I think what you said is true of Moderates but not necessarily true of Independents and Centrists.

Independents do not feel their interests are being represented by either of the two major parties. Moderates are squishy no matter where they fall on the political spectrum, they are full of self doubt and steeped in fallibilism. Centrists have their very own views, cherry picked from both the right and the left, and they are strong advocates for their viewpoint.

Back