What do you think of Independents

Mr. Harris

Ladies and Gentlemen, for years and years the politics have been run by either Democrats or Republicans. Now both have good ideas and bad ideas, but why are we so focused on what party we are but rather our own ideas and what we can do to help our fellow citizens. Now I am not against Republicans or Democracts but simply trying to get away from the whole party agenda. What about the others, what about the people who make this country? Why do we care so much about our ego yet care so little about our people? Thats why I am an Independent and going into politics. Please reply to this on your thoughts, concerns, issues, and whatever else for me to see people first hand and to see if people are willing to stand up for the Independents.

Werbung:
Declaring independence from the political parties is fine, in that regard I too am an Independent. However, declaring ones self independant of political ideologies is either ignorance or dishonesty. So, in concluding my remarks on what I think of independents, you have to stand for something otherwise you'll fall for anything.

Big I or little i?

I am a member of the Independence party, thus I really like them lol. Deppending on what state you are in, you may find we are in your state as well...Use to be the reform party , before Pat Buchanan tried to take it to the right and hijack is ( still like him though)

Party members are often former Dems and republicans tierd of both sides not working for things that the people want...the issues they ignore, and pushing to revamp the whole political system to make it more fair, honest, and of the people not special interest.

Independents are the ones who decide who gets into the white house and who goes to congress. I know some Republicans and Democrats have a hard time swallowing that notion but they have yet to point to any facts that say other wise. In some parts of the country they consider themselves center right. In others they consider themselves center left. It all depends on where you live. I like to keep this country straight down the middle(center) that way no one ideology can take it to the extreme. Unfortunately you have those on the left and the right who want too, but thank god for independents because who knows had bad it could be if Liberals or Conservatives went too far. To be honest though I'm like Chris Rock. Liberal on some things and conservative on others. To each there own.

Relatively few people are R or D. Mainly they are conservative or liberal.

Now there is the mushy middle who vacillate and who decide elections based upon whoever has the ticket for what they are worried about at the time.

I don't care much about the labels but I care a lot about the principles.

Declaring independence from the political parties is fine, in that regard I too am an Independent. However, declaring ones self independant of political ideologies is either ignorance or dishonesty. So, in concluding my remarks on what I think of independents, you have to stand for something otherwise you'll fall for anything.

I stand for certain things, just not all of my views are one side. I am Independent because instead of working for the Republicans or Democrats, I work for the people.

I just believe that politicians do not work as much for the people rather than a political party. So yes I see it as in between.

Ladies and Gentlemen, for years and years the politics have been run by either Democrats or Republicans. Now both have good ideas and bad ideas, but why are we so focused on what party we are but rather our own ideas and what we can do to help our fellow citizens. Now I am not against Republicans or Democracts but simply trying to get away from the whole party agenda. What about the others, what about the people who make this country? Why do we care so much about our ego yet care so little about our people? Thats why I am an Independent and going into politics. Please reply to this on your thoughts, concerns, issues, and whatever else for me to see people first hand and to see if people are willing to stand up for the Independents.

Here are my thoughts on being a Conservative Independent!
I left the G.O.P. in 2008, tired of its non support of vital Conservative issues.
Now , I seek to vote for strong Conservative candidates be they in the democrat party or the republican party.I do not wish to see a thrid party candidate run, even if is a "Tea Party" third party. I approve of most of the Tea Party Platform but if Conservatism is to win our Congress and our Presidentcy it will be done within the party now containing the better Conservative base, as of now that is the G.O.P. Conservatives must become the majority in the G.O.P. and select Conservative Candidates to run for all offices.But, if the G.O.P. is not offering a Conservative for a certain office and the democrat party is, then we must switch our vote for that particular office. In others words,the Party must not dictate our vote But the politicial character of each cadidate will determine our choice. Voting Principle over Party!! Always selecting Conservative candidates over all others!!
In this way we will rebuild America in the Glory of her past days. Throwing out the Radical Extremeist who are presently determined to destroy the America our Brave and Determined Founders,inspired by our Creator, left for us to protect, honor , and preserve!
This is what I think is the God given duty of being an Independent in Todays America!

It's always entertaining to hear members toss around cute 'gotcha quotes' as though that makes them so much more informed and so knowledgeable about any topic, especially politics.

If we quit financially supporting the two extremes and made the Independent party more for the left out/left overs both both warring factions then maybe we could achieve a party that could/would get things done without the exclusion from one side or the other as with our last 50 plus years! IMHO

BTW...welcome aboard ;)

Do you equate Independent as being Moderate?

That is what it sounds like to me.

Yes I do. I'm moderate and independent. Like I said before I'm liberal on some things and conservative on others. Sounds like a contradiction but it's how I think and feel. So I'm a moderate.

Here are my thoughts on being a Conservative Independent!
I left the G.O.P. in 2008, tired of its non support of vital Conservative issues.
Now , I seek to vote for strong Conservative candidates be they in the democrat party or the republican party.I do not wish to see a thrid party candidate run, even if is a "Tea Party" third party. I approve of most of the Tea Party Platform but if Conservatism is to win our Congress and our Presidentcy it will be done within the party now containing the better Conservative base, as of now that is the G.O.P. Conservatives must become the majority in the G.O.P. and select Conservative Candidates to run for all offices.But, if the G.O.P. is not offering a Conservative for a certain office and the democrat party is, then we must switch our vote for that particular office. In others words,the Party must not dictate our vote But the politicial character of each cadidate will determine our choice. Voting Principle over Party!! Always selecting Conservative candidates over all others!!
In this way we will rebuild America in the Glory of her past days. Throwing out the Radical Extremeist who are presently determined to destroy the America our Brave and Determined Founders,inspired by our Creator, left for us to protect, honor , and preserve!
This is what I think is the God given duty of being an Independent in Todays America!

I didn't realize America had her best days behind her? This country has gone through some tough times but we as a nation have endured. No one man or entity can destroy us over night. It's like this. We've survived a civil war, a great depression, two world wars, and a terrorist attack, but yet we're still here.

Werbung:
I want to work with and for the people by actually listening. Most politicians do not really listen to the people or their ideals, and those they do listen to are usaully the rich, powerful, ect. Who they should be listening to is the middle class, hardworkers who actually make up the majority of this country. Yes we are a very rich country, we have more money than most would ever dream of but although we have this money, most americans can barely afford things as is.

Back