What brings you peace?

Any kind of music in particular? I know, probably something upbeat, but do you have a particular song or artist that almost always cheers you up?

Werbung:
Any kind of music in particular? I know, probably something upbeat, but do you have a particular song or artist that almost always cheers you up?
Right now, there's a song: "Suddenly I see" by KT Tunstall. That song gets me in such a good mood! I love the music. Then, it can be anything! From Aretha Franklin's "Respect", to any version of "I can't hurry love", to the Village People's "YMCA". The oldies are perfect for that. Music it self already alters my mood and improves it, and that gives me peace.

That's a good one.. one of my best friends died last year. BO a yellow lab. I said I wasn't going to get another dog but i'm gradually changing my mind..Great memories.
You never replace a pet as you can't with any other family member. But there are lots of dogs who have love to give at your local shelter.
Maybe make some nice new memories.
I volunteer at a shelter here. Very rewarding and educational.

That's a good one.. one of my best friends died last year. BO a yellow lab. I said I wasn't going to get another dog but i'm gradually changing my mind..Great memories.
That's the problem with dogs. They just don't live as long as we do, and when they go, they leave a big doggy shaped hole in our lives. I lost my buddy, a German Shepherd named Sierra.

Now my best de stressor is a long walk through the mountains, preferably with 50 mile views and a bit of contemplation: We all live on a little dust mote in space, and those mountains have been around far longer than we have. It puts human cares into perspective: Nothing really matters all that much.

That's the problem with dogs. They just don't live as long as we do, and when they go, they leave a big doggy shaped hole in our lives. I lost my buddy, a German Shepherd named Sierra.

Now my best de stressor is a long walk through the mountains, preferably with 50 mile views and a bit of contemplation: We all live on a little dust mote in space, and those mountains have been around far longer than we have. It puts human cares into perspective: Nothing really matters all that much.
Bet there is another buddy who would love to share your walk every bit as much as Sierra.
(Shameless plug for your local shelter.)

Say Walter, are animal shelters popular in Austria?

I assumed so but perhaps you guys do a better job of neutering free range dogs than we do.

Are there many free range dogs in the USA? Didn't know that, only knew this problem from Spain and East-Europe. In central Europe gladly there are nearly no free range dogs.
Animal shelters mainly take dogs from families who buy a dog but are too silly to think before about costs and labour. And some take dogs from countries where there are free range dogs.

For cats its a complete different situation, there is a law that you must neuter them but many people still don't do it and therefore there are free-range cats.

Werbung:
Are there many free range dogs in the USA? Didn't know that, only knew this problem from Spain and East-Europe. In central Europe gladly there are nearly no free range dogs.
Animal shelters mainly take dogs from families who buy a dog but are too silly to think before about costs and labour. And some take dogs from countries where there are free range dogs.

For cats its a complete different situation, there is a law that you must neuter them but many people still don't do it and therefore there are free-range cats.
For dogs it's mainly abandoned or lost ones. Animal control rounds them up pretty efficiently for public health and humanitarian concerns. I was reading that we are actually doing pretty well at finding a spaying so numbers are rather good.
Cats are harder as they are naturally wary.

Back