We need many, many, many more like this

Well we have seen the ununionised guys destroy America so I guess we will never know

Special interest lobby and union influence over an inept, fraudulent government, free trade globalism, fiat money, and an ever pervasive entitlement mentality have destroyed America.

We, like the Romans, shall also fall...

Werbung:
No, let's unionize every private industry and demand union wages and benefits so that we can all destroy America together. I would be interested to see how quickly the absolute inability to compete with the rest of the world would shutter doors, and leave millions more unemployed.
There are much fewer unions now than in the fifties and sixties. If your theory were correct, things would have gotten better as union membership wained.
Government has provided ample legislation to protect from unseemly labor practices that brought about unions in the first place. With this in mind, can you explain the need for protection from the very entities that institute laws and regulations to protect employee's?
Ample in who's eyes? Since the de-certification of PATCO (Air traffic controller union), according to news commentators, it has been open season on unions and the enforcement of those labor laws has all but ceased to exist.
The sole reasons for all modern unions, government and corporate, are to collectively extort endless, unsustainable wage and benefit increases, eliminate risks of being fired for incompetence, and to collect dues...tens of millions of which are used to influence elections and policy that favor unions.

Yeeha!
What unions have the power in such times? What great strikes are being threatened? The only, "...unsustainable wage and benefit increases..." are those in upper management. Are the, "...millions of which are used to influence elections and policy...", any more onerous than the millions used by the wealthy for the same purpose?

Special interest lobby and union influence over an inept, fraudulent government, free trade globalism, fiat money, and an ever pervasive entitlement mentality have destroyed America.

Hey, I thought it was teachers that have destroyed America.

However, Special interest lobby for the wealthy has influence over an inept, fraudulent government, free trade globalism, fiat money, and an ever pervasive entitlement (for the wealthy) mentality have destroyed America.

Hey, I thought it was teachers that have destroyed America.

However, Special interest lobby for the wealthy has influence over an inept, fraudulent government, free trade globalism, fiat money, and an ever pervasive entitlement (for the wealthy) mentality have destroyed America.

Who said "teachers destroyed America" ? I didn't....the article I presented illuminated some serious problems with a teacher union in Rhode Island...I merely believe we need many, many more school board supers that will send the inept, unyielding union cabals down the river.

Let me ask you a simple question, if given the choice buy a box of cereal in a union controlled grocery for 5 dollars, or a non-union controlled grocery for 4 dollars...where are you going to shop?

If you can honestly answer this question, and give me your reasons...either way, I'll continue our conversation.

Let me ask you a simple question, if given the choice buy a box of cereal in a union controlled grocery for 5 dollars, or a non-union controlled grocery for 4 dollars...where are you going to shop?
I would buy the cheapest in a store that sells cereal from China... because all the capitalistic a... ....es have built factories there are have divested in the U.S. to make a larger profit. The Chinese cereal is all that is left on the shelves.

You did not address the points I made about corporate greed so,
If you can honestly answer this question, and give me your reasons...either way, I'll continue our conversation.
You did not address the points I made about corporate greed so, what makes you think that I am interested in continuing a conversation with you. Teach for a few years and then we will have a conversation.

I would buy the cheapest in a store that sells cereal from China... because all the capitalistic a... ....es have built factories there are have divested in the U.S. to make a larger profit. The Chinese cereal is all that is left on the shelves.

You did not address the points I made about corporate greed so, what makes you think that I am interested in continuing a conversation with you. Teach for a few years and then we will have a conversation.

General Mills, for example, is an American company with 49 businesses in the States, and 25 in other countries...I was being specific when I stated "grocery"

My earlier statement "special intererest lobby...fiat money" addressed corporate greed.

If you are so miserable in your chosen profession, why would you think I, a content business owner, would want to join you?

If you are so miserable in your chosen profession, why would you think I, a content business owner, would want to join you?

I suspect that it is not so much that he thinks you would want to join him as it is that IF you joined him you might learn about what you are talking about instead of talking through your hat.

I suspect that it is not so much that he thinks you would want to join him as it is that IF you joined him you might learn about what you are talking about instead of talking through your hat.

Surely you have something constructive to add to our conversation...an on topic opinion...perhaps a link that discounts or dissuades my assertions? I'm willing to learn, Mare....give me something to work with besides hit and run personal insults.

Thanks in advance.

Surely you have something constructive to add to our conversation...an on topic opinion...perhaps a link that discounts or dissuades my assertions? I'm willing to learn, Mare....give me something to work with besides hit and run personal insults.

Thanks in advance.

I've been following along and reading your attacks on teachers, but you seem to have actual experience on which to base it. I know teachers and most of them earn every penny they get.

I've been following along and reading your attacks on teachers, but you seem to have actual experience on which to base it. I know teachers and most of them earn every penny they get.

Mare dont you think it would be wrong to give a 7% or more pay raise to Oregon teachers right now while our state is doing so bad. The news said today that 1 in 6 Oregonians are on food stamps.

Portland teachers stuck their noses up at a 7% raise and wanted 8% or they would strike. In a back room deal they came to an agreement but refuse to let the tax payers (who will be stuck paying the new contract) know anything about it till its ratified.

You dont see anything wrong with that?

Springfield FireFighters signed their new contract yesterday and took no cost of living raise, not because they did not deserve it but because they know the state & city are not able to give it right now.

Teachers should not be demanding more at a time when everyone is cutting back.

Mare dont you think it would be wrong to give a 7% or more pay raise to Oregon teachers right now while our state is doing so bad. The news said today that 1 in 6 Oregonians are on food stamps.

Portland teachers stuck their noses up at a 7% raise and wanted 8% or they would strike. In a back room deal they came to an agreement but refuse to let the tax payers (who will be stuck paying the new contract) know anything about it till its ratified.

You dont see anything wrong with that?

Springfield FireFighters signed their new contract yesterday and took no cost of living raise, not because they did not deserve it but because they know the state & city are not able to give it right now.

Teachers should not be demanding more at a time when everyone is cutting back.

Without knowing how much the teachers are paid I would not jump into the fray. I know my company lost 2/3 of our revenue this last year, I know my spouse has been required to take a 5% cut in pay (working for the State of Oregon).

Excoriating people on a discussion site without the facts is ludicrous. You have presented one side of the discussion and want me to back you up, sorry, I need to hear the other side as well.

The banks and big insurance companies have done wonderfully this last year, so have the oil companies. That's something to scream about.

Werbung:

Not following. I haven't attacked anyone, teacher or otherwise...expressed disdain? Yes. I suspect your faulty perceptions may be skewed by my agreement and your apparent disagreement with the events that occurred in Rhode Island.

See, I'm the type of taxpayer that expects, no demands more than systemic failure and an abysmal less than 50% success rate from my dollar...I'm kinda funny that way. Deep down, you do, as well, but you've decided, hell or high water, to side with the unions...as most leftist's will, for the sole purpose of towing the progressive line.

Back