Vigilantism

pointless

1)Too bad you were unable to articulate your petty equivocations in your OP. Back pedaling after the fact doesn't present a convincing argument either. Of course what else can we expect? (2)You make an academic argument with no actual point.
1) My OP was a "thread starter", not a statement of positon...I wished to garner meaningful input.(2) I am not making any "academic argument"; it is an inquiry into peoples' view of justice system vs. vigilantism.

If you find this thread pointless, please assure us that this will be your final post.

Werbung:
Vigilanteism is why we have a state. In the past a single crime, real or perceived, could lead to a chain reaction of violence. We still see this dynamic in areas of lawlessness such as the Middle Eastern tribal areas and gang territory in the ghetto.
Justice is subjective and not usually as just as we'd like to think. Courts exist to make sure that a real justice is served.
It's a shame when courts fail... but mob justice is not justifiable. There are rare cases when vigilanteism might be right because it might lead to protection... and other cases where it should at least cut the sentence because of the vigilante's emotional state...
But it should always be punished to some extent.
This is all well and good, but in the instance of the whole village rising-up and killing the person none protested against it. If we took a poll here, I am sure most would be against vigilantism with a few for it. Nevertheless, the people in that village, when faced with the decision to respect principal of law or taking it into their own hands, did indeed commit murder. Which begs the question: Do you think that in the same position that they were in you would put your life or your neighbors lives at extreme riskfor that principal? In short, what is more important, your life or a principal?

1) My OP was a "thread starter", not a statement of positon...I wished to garner meaningful input.(2) I am not making any "academic argument"; it is an inquiry into peoples' view of justice system vs. vigilantism.

If you find this thread pointless, please assure us that this will be your final post.

What I can assure you of is that I will feel free to comment on your pointless threads when ever I feel like it.

What I can assure you of is that I will feel free to comment on your pointless threads when ever I feel like it.
I am putting Beetle Bailey in my ignore list. He is obviously unable to engage in a civil debate; it is not likely that he will contribute anything of value. I suggest that other posters review his posts and consider doing the same.

I am putting Beetle Bailey in my ignore list. He is obviously unable to engage in a civil debate; it is not likely that he will contribute anything of value. I suggest that other posters review his posts and consider doing the same.

Oh no. Not that. I don't think I'll be able to sleep at night. You are going to ignore me? I don't think you quite get the concept of negative consequence. This seems more like a reward. Thanks anyway.

To sum up, posters here are concerned with the social results of vigilante actions and want to punish those who are envolved no matter what the provocation. However, when I asked about observing principles as opposed to protecting the life of a family member or neighbor, the posts stopped.
I encourage those of you that have been contributing to this debate to continue. Thank you for your responses this far.

PS: I made the mistake of feeding the troll, I promise never to do that again. I can see how it detracted from the issue.

To sum up, posters here are concerned with the social results of vigilante actions and want to punish those who are envolved no matter what the provocation. However, when I asked about observing principles as opposed to protecting the life of a family member or neighbor, the posts stopped.
I encourage those of you that have been contributing to this debate to continue. Thank you for your responses this far.

PS: I made the mistake of feeding the troll, I promise never to do that again. I can see how it detracted from the issue.

I wouldn't worry about it. Your thoughts are unlikely to provide sustanance for trolls or any other creatures.

Werbung:
I agree with vigilanteism. If the Police arent going to do their jobs and protect us WE`RE DO IT FOR THEM!!! See AKA Bernard Goetz.

Back