Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.

I recently watched this disturbing movie and recognize that what it portrays fairly closely what is happenings in reality right now.

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=fQaNVNrJDInB8gfpqIDACw&gws_rd=ssl#q=spotlight+trailer

The silence and complicity of the religious are facilitating and colluding in the future assaults on children. Silence or the acceptance of a payoff, in my opinion, is direct collusion with these religious criminals and I see the past victims of these pedophiles as now helping their own assailants create new victims by their silence.

I appreciate that going public is hard, but if victims do not come forward, I see them as helping the priests and imams that are left free to abuse other children.

There are some who will read this and know that in a real sense victims are guilty of helping the pedophile problem continue.

I would urge these victims and their families to step up and do the right thing and return the payoffs and lay charges instead so that we can rid our churches and mosques of these predatory criminals.

Do you agree that silence is just as immoral as the initial crime when victims accept payoffs from religions to buy their silence?

Regards
DL

Werbung:
I think it's a very touchy subject, and I've not been in that position myself, so I can't really judge if staying silent should be the right thing to do or not.

It's all very well saying that everyone should come out and help to bring the perpetrators to justice, but sometimes people simply aren't strong enough to he able to do that, so will take the easy way out.

A lot of times places advertise help, but in reality do very little because it's difficult to prove stuff. In a way that's good and bad. It's good, because someone who unreasonably hates you could give false charges. It's bad because, obviously, some people go unpunished, or only get something light like a bad mark on thier record. (Well, for one thing, there is always far less punishment for first offenders.)

Anyhow, a lot of time shame is associated with people who come out. You might get labeled with a homophobic insult, or called a prostitute, or in the case of bullying, a weakling.

I think that shame and embarrassment are the only things that stop people from coming out but it's a bit of a catch 22 situation. The more more people that come out and say something, the easier it gets, but until it gets easier, people are unwilling to come out and say something!

Werbung:
Perhaps the Catholic practice of celibacy should be looked at again, or at least potential priests and one on the job should be screened more closely. Myself, I went to a Catholic church and the priest was a normal straight guy, somebody you'd probably watch an American football game with. Of course, we are looking at a minority of priests, unlike what Gnostic may be trying to portray.

Back