1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

US are the fattest....

Discussion in 'Health' started by The Scotsman, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Old_Trapper70

Old_Trapper70 Well-Known Member

Does anyone even know where "center" is anymore?

Openmind likes this.
  2. Wag more

Wag more Member

Otie, the center is sort of a gray area subject to one person's individual definition. Your response to the Pulse thread is well left of center. I've never known a gun control freak with as many guns as you. Your stand on guns seems to be irrational to me and neither right nor left. Your disdain for PC is right of center.
    Overall you come across to me as a left of center prog/lib/sec/hum. You seem to love gov which is left of center.
    Your disdain for dietary restrictions with diabetes may indicate you already eat a healthy diet without tons of sugar and that is to be commended.
    My father in law refused to follow a diabetic diet and after he lost his leg most exercise was gone. I liked him a lot and was sorry to lose a good man so young.

3. Old_Trapper70

Well, where to start. My response to the Pulse thread was based on reality, and a knowledge of the facts unlike your ignorant tripe that had nothing to do with the reality of the situation. There was nothing in my response that suggested gun control if you had actually read what I said. It had to do with common sense, and concern for the safety of others. Perhaps you should read what the Founders said about guns rather then what some right wing loud mouth says. You can start here:

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/13786-the-founding-fathers-vs-the-gun-nuts

As to PC, the right whined for years about the lefts PC movement especially on college campuses. PC is both a left wing thing, and a right wing thing:

http://reason.com/archives/2006/05/08/right-wing-pc

Then, like most of your comments based on ignorance, I never said that a diabetic diet was not a good thing. What I said was in reference to myself. Each person has to determine just what they are to do to cope with diabetes. I eat what I want, but I eat the "bad foods" in measured amounts. I am a chocolate addict so that is one disadvantage. However, I am allowed to eat my chocolate by staying away from it in all other foods just as i avoid salt. And I do exercise. I have about a half acre of garden where I grow corn, peas, beans, carrots, beets, spinach, rhubarb, tomatoes, squash, blueberries, huckleberries, raspberries, strawberries, potatoes, etc. So, I stay busy since I also fish, camp, barbecue, etc.

So, when I point out your ignorance it is done with the idea that you might learn how to think, and to see what is written, and not be such as some others in here have shown themselves to be.

4. Wag more

Wag more Member

Otie, I know how to think I just see things differently than you. My job required complicated analysis based on extensive research and deductive reasoning for the past 40 years.
    So I guess in your mind anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant. How open minded of you.
    We see things differently because we have led different lives and been exposed to different forces. That doesn't make either of us ignorant but it does make you intolerant.
    Frankly I'm glad my life experiences have left me with the ability to realize other's that disagree with me are not necessarily ignorant.
    This will be my last post in this thread so you, Otie, may have the last say.

5. Old_Trapper70

No Waggie, when you are foolish enough to suggest that one shoot through a crowd not knowing who in that crowd might jump in front of your target, then you show you know very little about"analysis". But hey, your ego thinks that if I have the "last word" that somehow you can feel superior to me. Yes, I am "intolerant" of ignorance just as I am intolerant of liars, thieves, adulterers, abortionists, pedophiles, and a whole list of degenerate types.

The Scotsman likes this.
  6. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

As you say it seems to be his method of trying to give himself the feeling of having upper hand, however, perhaps its just a defence mechanism against being rattled.