UK Muslims Boycott Anti-Radicalization Scheme

pwarbi. It may be true today that the majority of terrorists are Muslims. But over history the majority of terrorists were not Muslim

There's no maybe about it, it IS true that Muslims are responsible for the acts of terrorism today, as they will no doubt be for the foreseeable future. We can look at the past all we want, but that's not going to help us in deciding what we have to do now.

We can't say, even though when you look at all the terrorism that's happened in the world, Muslims aren't the main culprits in the past so now that they are, we can give them a bit of leniency and turn a blind eye to what's going on.

Werbung:
There's no maybe about it, it IS true that Muslims are responsible for the acts of terrorism today, as they will no doubt be for the foreseeable future. We can look at the past all we want, but that's not going to help us in deciding what we have to do now.

We can't say, even though when you look at all the terrorism that's happened in the world, Muslims aren't the main culprits in the past so now that they are, we can give them a bit of leniency and turn a blind eye to what's going on.
Certainly it is they who embrace it right here and right now.

It is true most modern terrorist are Muslims , But if you eliminate them you would still have terrorism. I is impossible to eliminate all Muslims. Moderate Muslims in Belgium , France and Australia have attack the terrorists.
We did not end the Irish terrorism by eliminated the Irish. We had a peace treaty and agree to some of their demands. This is not possible with ISIs at the moment. But one day we will have to have a peace treaty with Muslims.

But how are we supposed to try and negotiate with terrorists who don't actually want to come to any agreement? It's not like they've given a list of demands and we can say we'll discuss it.

Isn't what they want something like death to all infidels? Unless all non Muslims agree to commit mass suicide, I'm not sure there's any compromise to be had.

Pwarbi As I said you can not negotiate with extremist like IS. But they are a minority of Muslims and are losing power. We can negotiate with other Muslims.

It is true most modern terrorist are Muslims , But if you eliminate them you would still have terrorism. I is impossible to eliminate all Muslims. Moderate Muslims in Belgium , France and Australia have attack the terrorists.
We did not end the Irish terrorism by eliminated the Irish. We had a peace treaty and agree to some of their demands. This is not possible with ISIs at the moment. But one day we will have to have a peace treaty with Muslims.
the biggest reason things calmed down in NI is because the two sides got carried away with their criminal enterprises (the drug business). And the ones who cared the most became old men or dead. Not so much a masterful diplomatic effort.

Pwarbi As I said you can not negotiate with extremist like IS. But they are a minority of Muslims and are losing power. We can negotiate with other Muslims.

They might well be a minority of Muslims, but there are a lot of Muslims that are actually in support of what IS stands for, even though they aren't joining and becoming fully fledged IS members.

Just recently there was an article in the UK that said around 1 in 5 British Muslims support or have a positive feeling towards ISIS, and while I'm not a huge lover of these types of surveys, I don't think that figure would be to far off.

If that is the case, just who do we know who to negotiate with?

the biggest reason things calmed down in NI is because the two sides got carried away with their criminal enterprises (the drug business). And the ones who cared the most became old men or dead. Not so much a masterful diplomatic effort.

A number of my family served in the British army when the troubles were at there peak in Northern Ireland, and ask them why they think the troubles ceased so quickly and they'd say the same thing.

Behind all the negotiations with Jerry Adams and Sinn Fein becoming a legitimate political party, was simply the fact that people stopped actually caring about the reason behind the terrorism. There's more money in drug trafficking and illegal arms trading than what there is in blowing cities up, and like you say, the new generation was more concerned with making money, terrorism got in the way of that.

Werbung:
Poweri. It is true that things do change over time. The leaders get old . But what I have readof Ireland most supported the IRA. It was not for money but this did play a part including drugs. You can have a revolution and still make money.
I doubt the leaders of IS are more concern with money although they do control some oil and drug supplies. Without these they will have less money.
It may be true the 20% of Muslims may be favourable to the IS. This s similar to Ireland. But they support them because of alleged crimes against the sunnies by the allies and Shite forces. Remove this threat and their support like in Ireland will lessen.

Back