UK elections 2015

pwarbi

With the UK due to go to the polls in the coming days, billed as the closest election for years, is there really THAT much difference between the election candidates?

The lines between the parties have become blurred over the years, leading many in the UK to question just exactly what the point of even voting is.

Will it actually matter who runs the UK for the next five years or is one party just the same as another?

Werbung:
I think it will be close. It will be a hung parliament so a lot depends on who wants to enter an alliance with the government party.

At the moment all the polls have Labour and conservative in a tie for the lead so a hung parliament is definitely the most likely.

None of the parties seem to want to talk about forming any sort of coalition at the moment either so no doubt their will be some last minute negotiations somewhere along the way.

Well, it just goes to show how wrong the polls can be be. Leading up to the election every opinion poll had Labour and conservative neck and neck.

Everybody was set for a hung parliament or a coalition being formed and look what's happened. The conservative party have romped home with a majority vote.

How did that happen?

We were wrong. Relying on the opinion polls appears to be dangerous. The Conservatives won easy. What was the cause? Did people lie to the pollsters or just change their mind at the last minute? Or were the polls defective?

I'm not sure if we'll ever know the reason the opinion polls where so far off.

A lot of people I know was expecting it to be close but when the first exit polls broke, right at the start of the night it showed the conservative party had a massive lead, even at that early stage.

It's hard to imagine people simply changed their mind at the last minute, especially to that degree.

Werbung:
I'm sure these opinion polls have been way off on more than one occasion. Down the year's they've been pretty accurate, or have at least given a rough guide to how things will go.

This time though, they were so far off that it does make you question what exactly did happen.

For a prediction to be a hung parliament, and then it turns out to be a majority is quite a massive swing.

Back