Trump goes to Infinity and Beyonnnnd...!!!!

The Scotsman

Will Buzz Lightyear be earmarked for as the boss of the Trump Space Rangers? Or General Jack O'Neill with his vast experience as SG-1 team leader, fighter extrordinaire of intergalactic marauders and illegal aliens and finally as CinC of the SGC!

Watch this space.....get it.....:ROFLMAO:....more to come in next weeks exciting episode of...Trump and the Space Farce

Werbung:
I think this is a generally positive development that is somewhat overdue.

The stated purpose of the space force is to "protect American interests in space through monitoring commercial traffic and debris". That seems to be a job for NASA rather than the pentagon. He didn't state what a military purpose might be.

Werbung:
@BigRob What chances do you see? "Only" economy wise?

I think any actual move towards actually putting weapons into space is going to be a much harder sell - but it's very important that we protect our military space assets. I would expect the overall "mission" to shift a few times while things get sorted out and transitions are completed.

With China and Russia increasingly making moves that could disrupt how we operate in space (ie China's "satellite killers") this is more imperative than ever. The Air Force has been doing studies on the issue for several years (there are some really good reads out there) and its really problematic what is just in the public domain about the projected impact losing these space assets would have on our military's ability to wage war - not to mention the impacts from a non-military point of view.

I wrote a master's thesis on ballistic missile defense (years ago) and I remember sitting in on briefings and talking to Air Force people about the need to protect satellites and other capabilities at that time - its all the more critical now as there are real (and growing) threats out there.

Bottom line is if we want to maintain our ability to rapidly react from a military perspective anywhere in the world protecting our space assets is absolutely critical.

Now you could argue we didn't need to create the "Space Force" and could have just left it under the umbrella of the Air Force - where the issue expertise is on this - but elevating in this way gives it the importance (and likely additional funding) that I believe it deserves.

Back