Tribute Thread

Is marijuana really harmless, like everyone has been saying?

This is an example of what logic texts call a "strawman" argument, an easily knocked down target that its opponents have set up to make it appear that they are defeating their enemy. We frequently hear prohibitionist propagandists like Dona Shalala say that the "latest research" proves that "marijuana isn't harmless, like everyone has been saying." This then refutes the arguments against arresting marijuana users, because these arguments are based on the assumption that marijuana is harmless.

There are two problems with this line.

First, as a "strawman" it misrepresents the position of the anti-prohibitionists. The arguments against arresting marijuana users are not based on the assumption that marijuana is "harmless." Nothing is harmless for everyone, under all circumstances, and at all doses.

Second, it is particularly ironic that those who say that making marijuana available for medical use would "send the wrong message to children" don't seem to hear their own words. If only "the latest research" has proven that marijuana isn't harmless, then it must be pretty safe. Besides "harmlessness" does not particularly appeal to adolescents.

Finally, consider the meaning of the words "harmless," "safe," and "dangerous." These are relative terms as we use them in everyday life. Riding a bicycle is "safe," but many people are killed in bicycle accidents every year. Drinking pure water is surely "harmless," but a few people die every year from drinking too much water. It upsets the body's electrolytic balance, and the heart stops beating. In this relative context, compared to other substances, marijuana is clearly not "dangerous," but this does not mean that it is absolutely "harmless."

This is a frequently unasked question: Is being arrested "harmless?" Actually, it can be quite "dangerous." What is the latest research on that?

Werbung:
where did my response go? The north american union is not a conspiracy. This is a mainstream news item, and is public knowledge. 9-11 remains to be seen, so i guess the official story, is the one we go with.Marijuana is relatively harmless,it depends on ones definitions of harm . Chemtrails? why?

where did my response go? The north american union is not a conspiracy. This is a mainstream news item, and is public knowledge. 9-11 remains to be seen, so i guess the official story, is the one we go with.Marijuana is relatively harmless,it depends on ones definitions of harm . Chemtrails? why?

Your response was moved to the appropriate forum. Whether or not it's true doesn't matter, it doesn't belong in the Lounge and from my perspective, some grand globalist agenda to unite Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. under one flag sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Really? Well funny I was responding to your missive? How can i have posted in the wrong forum, when i was responding to you? The part that I still dont understand is your insistance that NAU is a conspiracy? Appearently you dont do much reading or news collection? whether or not its true DOES matter, particularly when you are going to take it upon yourself to be moving it? It can sound like a theory all it wants, but there is no denying the NAU is planned, and moving ahead. It is a part of NAFTA. and the S.P.P.

And based on the reasoning given, for not only moving my response, but also whether or not it belonged here. Well then, you should have moved your last 6 posts, as well then shouldn't you have? Or is this a case of the moderators can do what they want,and the rest of us are at theyre whims?

Your response was moved to the appropriate forum. Whether or not it's true doesn't matter, it doesn't belong in the Lounge and from my perspective, some grand globalist agenda to unite Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. under one flag sounds like a conspiracy theory.

what a tool...................

you the one who has been deleting my posts?

someone responds to your post and you take the liberty to move it and make it appear as they originated a new thread?

your over the line as a Moderator goes this is whats known as CENSORSHIP

admin will be notified post haste

maybe Admin already HAS been notified??? Interesting

duly noted makes sense as to why one is allowed to roam free so to speak

Werbung:
Wow, I think I know why you flock to conspiracies: your life doesn't have any excitement so you need to generate some fabricated theories to fill the void.

There has been a simple, logical progression to my actions. KOF asked me what of roker's conspiracies did I not believe in, I listed a number of them (one being this NAU thing). Then political mutt selected one of the 4 or 5 theories that I listed to copy and paste some links regarding the NAU.

I thought to myself that if he wants to start a new discussion on the NAU, that's fine so I'll help him out and create a new thread for it so other people who are interested in this topic can find it. Then Roker the toker responds to said NAU post and the logical thing to do would be to transfer this post as well.

No deleted posts. No "censorship". Just trying to clean and organize the message board for everyone's convenience.

And your threats about notifying Admin aren't really scaring me, Roker. Admin and I have a good relationship and he obviously trusts my judgement or else he wouldn't have given me the ability to Moderate his forums. I haven't "taken liberty" regarding my moderator actions. This liberty was given to my by Admin to help upkeep the boards.

Back