Trade deficits are always detrimental to their nations’ GDPs.

I suppose G_d has been whispering in my ear only. Your presumptions annoy me. I refuse to tell you all that disagree with us, (i.e. G-d and myself), everything that he or she told me.
God whispers in your ear but you think I'm the one who lacks reason and logic... (y)

economics is a social study dependent to a great extent upon the reasonable and logical behavior of people.
Economics is in no way dependent "upon the reasonable and logical behavior of people". Economics simply looks at what IS and records the findings. You seem to be confusing economics for social engineering, these two concepts are not the same. You seem to think the field of economics should be used as a means of manipulating the public into doing whatever it is you believe they should be doing, whatever you believe is in their own best interest, rather than leaving individuals free to pursue their own happiness.

Those that believe there's always a single absolute truth have no need for the government democracies or republics.
I - like everyone else who values freedom - have no desire to rule, or be ruled by, others.

Elected officials should have only one job, protecting our individual rights. If you wish to eliminate your share of the trade deficit, then you should be free to do so without any individual, group, or government violating your right to do so. Forcing me to eliminate my share of the trade deficit is not compassion, reason, logic or freedom, it's tyranny - the insatiable desire to rule others. That insatiable desire to rule others is what has formed the basis of government for most of the history of the world. America was the first exception to that rule.

Your contention of a single unquestionable truth is very unsettling.
The single unquestionable truth I'm referring to is known as reality... Existence exists: A is A. That is the Law of Identity; a thing IS itself and cannot be anything else. It's easy to see why you find the Law of Identity "unsettling",

"The law of identity does not permit you to have your cake and eat it, too. The law of causality does not permit you to eat your cake before you have it. . . . The law of causality is the law of identity applied to action. All actions are caused by entities. The nature of an action is caused and determined by the nature of the entities that act; a thing cannot act in contradiction to its nature." - John Galt​

Werbung:
Gen Seneca, we’re regurgitating are arguments of messages #59 & #60.

We each believe that the others opinions and conclusions are wrong and ours is more correct.
We differ as to what is factual and what are our more subjective conclusions.

We do not differ as to our confidence with our own conclusions but rather I hold the belief that to the extent that those conclusions are based upon actual “facts”, what we describe as our reasonably logical conclusions may be our own subjective determinations.

You hold that unlike my beliefs, your logical conclusions are (because they’re yours?), certainly the only correct conclusion that can be reached.

Yours or mine or our facts and reasonably logical conclusions may actually be fables and opinions.

Respectfully, Supposn

Werbung:
We differ as to what is factual and what are our more subjective conclusions.
Your claim: Trade deficits are ALWAYS detrimental to a nation's GDP - What fact(s) do you have to support this claim?

Four pages of discussion on the topic and not once have you offered any empirical data, not one single fact, that actually supports your assumptions.

While you claim to understand Logic, I have pointed out your use of more than one logical fallacy and yet you refused to address or correct the errors in your logic. Do you understand what the Broken Window Fallacy is and why your repeated use of the fallacy invalidates your claim to hold your position based on logic?

Yours or mine or our facts and reasonably logical conclusions may actually be fables and opinions.
Fact: something that actually exists; reality; truth.

Facts are not subjective, they are not fables, and they are not opinions. Facts are demonstrably true, fables and opinions are not.

Back