Tonight, at 12:01, DADT will cease to exist!

Openmind

Finally!
Thank you President Obama.

The cover of this week's Marine Corps magazine is very inspiring: For the first time, some gay Marines are planning to ask their significant other to the Marine ball.

Yes. . .gay people are everywhere! INCLUDING in the Marine Corps.

Congratulations to the gay community.

Werbung:
I am guessing thats eastern time? so buy now the US is now not able to deffend itself and we are being overrun by Russian! Lucky a group of high school kids will save us.....sorry I thought I was watching the news but it was just Red Dawn...

just a guess...the military goes about its job and we stay safe..and more Americans will be able to join the ranks of the 2nd class citizens of this nation in the past who have joined , fought and died for this nation...even though this nation does not offer them the freedom and liberty that it promises. Just like the Blacks who fought in the Revolution for freedom..to be slaves...WWII...while at home suffering Jim Crow laws still...watching there units get the leftovers and old equipment in Korea still...the worse Leaders, and yet they fought and died for this nation...that did not see them as equals. Because they where better people then those who tried to hold them back.

I am guessing thats eastern time? so buy now the US is now not able to deffend itself and we are being overrun by Russian! Lucky a group of high school kids will save us.....sorry I thought I was watching the news but it was just Red Dawn...

just a guess...the military goes about its job and we stay safe..and more Americans will be able to join the ranks of the 2nd class citizens of this nation in the past who have joined , fought and died for this nation...even though this nation does not offer them the freedom and liberty that it promises. Just like the Blacks who fought in the Revolution for freedom..to be slaves...WWII...while at home suffering Jim Crow laws still...watching there units get the leftovers and old equipment in Korea still...the worse Leaders, and yet they fought and died for this nation...that did not see them as equals. Because they where better people then those who tried to hold them back.

Correct on all point, as usual! :)

Correct on all point, as usual! :)

I have to be, I just found out from gipper that I am the liberal leader now...lol

odd for someone who is a member of the moderate party of my state and voted for the former republican over the very liberal democrat for State Gov...but I guess lol ( on my old board I actually did hold that position for a while..we actually had a Board wide Election...3 parties...each had there own locked section only for those members to post on..we held primaries and elected leaders from each group...and then held a more or less organized Debate...it was pretty cool, though not sure we have enough people here for it.

I have to be, I just found out from gipper that I am the liberal leader now...lol

odd for someone who is a member of the moderate party of my state and voted for the former republican over the very liberal democrat for State Gov...but I guess lol ( on my old board I actually did hold that position for a while..we actually had a Board wide Election...3 parties...each had there own locked section only for those members to post on..we held primaries and elected leaders from each group...and then held a more or less organized Debate...it was pretty cool, though not sure we have enough people here for it.

Well, this may be one time when Gipper has a valid point!

You do demonstrate leadership qualities, and I appreciate you for that.

And, yes, that "board wide election" in a forum would be fun, and could be instructive, if there were enough rational people tp overcome the hatred and stupide partisanship that seems rampant in too many posts!

Keep up the good work, AND your grounding and sanity!

Did they ever toss the rule prohibiting homosexuals from serving ? All DADT did was to look the other way.

That's what DADT repeal is all about, doggie!

Now, anyone can apply to serve their country, and they can do so by indicating their sexual orientation IF THEY CHOOSE TO.
And those who have had to be silent and hide their sexual orientation are no free (IF THEY CHOOSE) to reveal they are gay.

No more hypocrisy, at least in this area!

Next step: gay marriage!

That's what DADT repeal is all about, doggie!

Now, anyone can apply to serve their country, and they can do so by indicating their sexual orientation IF THEY CHOOSE TO.
And those who have had to be silent and hide their sexual orientation are no free (IF THEY CHOOSE) to reveal they are gay.

No more hypocrisy, at least in this area!

Next step: gay marriage!

Thats the common determination however if it were OK to be homosexual then there would be no need for DADT would there ? Last time I lookedit was still not OK in the book.

Thats the common determination however if it were OK to be homosexual then there would be no need for DADT would there ? Last time I lookedit was still not OK in the book.

But the fact is that IT IS OKAY to be homosexual. . .and (on this point you are correct) this is EXACTLY the reason why DADT is NO LONGER in effect!

By the way. . .if you looked "in the book" (I won't ask which book!) last night. . .why don't you look at the news TODAY and in "books" published in the next few months, and you will see that DADT IS DEAD!

But the fact is that IT IS OKAY to be homosexual. . .and (on this point you are correct) this is EXACTLY the reason why DADT is NO LONGER in effect!

By the way. . .if you looked "in the book" (I won't ask which book!) last night. . .why don't you look at the news TODAY and in "books" published in the next few months, and you will see that DADT IS DEAD!

Not arguing the status of DADT but rather the underlying regulation which precipitated DADT in the first place. Clinton knew that it was politically impossible to reverse the ban on homosexuals outright so he said to just look the other way. The book is the military's actual code.

Not arguing the status of DADT but rather the underlying regulation which precipitated DADT in the first place. Clinton knew that it was politically impossible to reverse the ban on homosexuals outright so he said to just look the other way. The book is the military's actual code.

Well, the book is being updated as we speak.

And, Dadt MAY have been logic
And helpful as a transition, but it obviously was not sustainable as our society in general became less homophobic and more understanding of gays.

And today" the book" can either be changed, or be shredded.

I cannot help but wonder what our next generations will think of us, why such a discussion was even necessary in a nation born of freedom. How do we explain this? This was not a victory but simple a wrong that has been righted-and not even an apology from those who still argue in defense of usurping gay rights. So the fight continues.

I cannot help but wonder what our next generations will think of us, why such a discussion was even necessary in a nation born of freedom. How do we explain this? This was not a victory but simple a wrong that has been righted-and not even an apology from those who still argue in defense of usurping gay rights. So the fight continues.

more so when they look back and say wait, so it was don't ask don't tell...but yet even if you said nothing..they could snoop and find out and then call that telling and kick you out? God thats almost as stupid as black only Units...or that woman could not serve....

Well, the book is being updated as we speak.

And, Dadt MAY have been logic
And helpful as a transition, but it obviously was not sustainable as our society in general became less homophobic and more understanding of gays.

And today" the book" can either be changed, or be shredded.

Sure the rules can be changed but as I asked originally, have they ? Not even saying that they have not just that I have read nothing to suggest that they were.

Werbung:
Sure the rules can be changed but as I asked originally, have they ? Not even saying that they have not just that I have read nothing to suggest that they were.

Well, we'll all have to see how set in their stupidity homophobic people I the military will be. The fact is that as of 28 hours ago, if homophobia surges, it is the anti gay military who will need to leave or . . . Adjust their attitude.

In the last 30 hours, if you had been watching, some previously banned gay service men re-applied, a 31 year old female Marie came out as a lesbian in front of national media cameras, and a decorated service man married his long time partner in Vermont.

Enough for me to be satisfied that sanity finally prevailed and that Obama had met his promise to the gay community.

Now, will there be isolated incidents of homophobia? Probably, but then, this time, the gay service men will have legal recourses and will not have to hide in order to keep their job.

Back