Thoughts on OBama?

I am amazed at how much attention Obama is getting. He is a junior Senator with very little on his resume to suggest he would or would not make a good President. He believes only republicans can be racists, so I don't see him getting my vote.

Werbung:
He believes only republicans can be racists, so I don't see him getting my vote.

What? You'll have to back that up otherwise I'm going to call libel.

This is actually an easy one to back up. A few weeks ago Obama was asked if he thought the nation was ready for a Black President. His response was "Are some voters going to not vote for me because I’ am African American? Those are the same voters who won't vote for me because of my politics." If you need date and location I can provide that.

Obama is a smart man. I don’t believe he thinks that only Republicans can be racist. He knows Byrd is in his party, so that should be evidence enough to prove him wrong. However, he is willing to use the rhetoric of “Republicans are racist”. To me, that is a deal breaker. I am not very excited about any of the Republicans running right now, but I won’t vote for Obama because of his politics, and because he is not the “Great Uniter” people are beginning to bill him as.

Right, I'll overlook the fact you just contradicted yourself because you've provided a rationale which explains your earlier statement, so I'll address that:

My question would be one pertinent to all politicians: Given that there appears to be a stark difference between the ideal and the practice, how far must one go to address the popular body in order to change it? In Obama's case, I can rebut your argument by citing his lamentation of the decline of democracy (again see the article "This Magnet Only Gets Stronger" on the frontpage archives). Not only does this imply that he does not believe that only Republicans can be racist, but in specifically criticising the shift in perception toward diametric oppositions, he also implies that one ought not to consider his words in such a light. Ironically, your claims have just demonstrated precisely what he wishes were not the case, but nonetheles is inevitable as the aggressive game of two sided combat has taken a firm hold.

Maybe I am missing your point Dong. I thought his original comment about Republicans being racist was a bad one. Like I said, I don't believe he thinks only Republicans are racist. I think he believes he can say it becuase it will get him a certain number of votes. My issue with Obama is that while he may say he wants a new period of bipartisainship, he continues to act like every other partisan politician.

Yeah, I think you did miss my point. I'll see if I can sum it up...the phrase: "damned if you do, damned if you don't" comes to mind.

Werbung:
Back