This is what Obama's hugs and rainbows policy gets you...

HankHill

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, Feb. 4 (UPI) -- Eleven Saudis released from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, are on a list of 85 wanted terrorism suspects made public by the Saudi Interior Ministry, officials said.
Saudi officials said the 11 former Guantanamo Bay detainees underwent a Saudi rehabilitation program for former jihadists and are thought to have fled the country, joining terrorist groups elsewhere, The New York Times (NYSE:NYT) reported Wednesday.

The 11 former detainees include two already identified as members of a Yemeni terrorist group.

Sure...Send them back to their home country... At least it will make it easier for the Predator's to target them.

Werbung:
Do you have a link for this story? Id really like to read the entire story before I comment.

Here the leftist thought all the Gitmo people were all perfectly innocent lovable little fuzz balls.

You idiots are responsible for the deaths and terror attack that happen because we released them. Obama retards.

Story is located at:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/04/africa/04saudi.php

Thanks for the link, and your two statements are totally bogus. Firstly, very few think they are innocent or nice people, but they need to be put on trial, or somehow figured out what the heck to do with them.

The second statement you made is even more absurd and so is the OP, because Bush released these guys! He let them out of Gitmo and handed them over to his buddies the Saudis, who of course are no friends of America. So you can slam Obama all you like but it is off base because it was Bush who let them go back to Arabia.

Get them out of Gitmo, put them on trial, and when found guilty throw them in the toughest prison we have and throw away the key. Let the general poppulation get a hold of them.

Thanks for the link, and your two statements are totally bogus. Firstly, very few think they are innocent or nice people, but they need to be put on trial, or somehow figured out what the heck to do with them.

War is not like a criminal act. You don't go gather evidence at a crime scene, because it's a war zone. Nor is there tons of evidence to collect. If we bomb a cave, and capture some people running from that area, do you think we're going to send in our troops to go collect evidence for each person in the cave that could collapse at any moment from the bomb?

No. These are totally different situations. Do you think we prosecuted every German we captured during either World War? Of course not. Why would you try to treat this war differently than any other war?

The second statement you made is even more absurd and so is the OP, because Bush released these guys! He let them out of Gitmo and handed them over to his buddies the Saudis, who of course are no friends of America. So you can slam Obama all you like but it is off base because it was Bush who let them go back to Arabia.

Why do you think he did that? Hmmm? Give a wild stab in the dark as to why? Hint: Idiots screaming about Gitmo. You think if none of these libtards were screaming about gitmo for the past 5 years, that Bush would have released any suspected terrorist? Of course not.

You certainly didn't hear me scream for their release. The point we are making is that this is exactly what's going to happen. Obama signed an executive order to close gitmo. Now those terrorist will be released. The result will be the same as prior releases... namely they will go back to their terrorist friends, and kill more of our troops or other innocent bystanders.

Get them out of Gitmo, put them on trial, and when found guilty throw them in the toughest prison we have and throw away the key. Let the general poppulation get a hold of them.

They are not going to come to America. That would be suicide for Obama. He'll release them elsewhere, just like prior releases have.

I have read tons of links and crap on this forum that propose that gitmo detainees were innocent. Endless links from leftists who claimed this guy or that guy was a god-sent angel. Maybe YOU have not made this claim, but I can string a list of names on this forum, not including thousands elsewhere, that have.

War is not like a criminal act. You don't go gather evidence at a crime scene, because it's a war zone. Nor is there tons of evidence to collect. If we bomb a cave, and capture some people running from that area, do you think we're going to send in our troops to go collect evidence for each person in the cave that could collapse at any moment from the bomb?

No. These are totally different situations. Do you think we prosecuted every German we captured during either World War? Of course not. Why would you try to treat this war differently than any other war?

Why do you think he did that? Hmmm? Give a wild stab in the dark as to why? Hint: Idiots screaming about Gitmo. You think if none of these libtards were screaming about gitmo for the past 5 years, that Bush would have released any suspected terrorist? Of course not.

You certainly didn't hear me scream for their release. The point we are making is that this is exactly what's going to happen. Obama signed an executive order to close gitmo. Now those terrorist will be released. The result will be the same as prior releases... namely they will go back to their terrorist friends, and kill more of our troops or other innocent bystanders.

They are not going to come to America. That would be suicide for Obama. He'll release them elsewhere, just like prior releases have.

I have read tons of links and crap on this forum that propose that gitmo detainees were innocent. Endless links from leftists who claimed this guy or that guy was a god-sent angel. Maybe YOU have not made this claim, but I can string a list of names on this forum, not including thousands elsewhere, that have.
There might be some who are innocent. I dont know, because they have never really gotten a hearing to know if they are in fact guilty or whatever might be the case.
OK, so we can both agree this is war we are talking about, if this is a war, then they are POWs.
You just asked the same question I would. If this isnt any different from any other war, why are we not treating them like POWs?
That is pure speculation, but Bush has been applauded for being a man of principal and who would do it all the same again, why did he bend?
I doubt many will be released, but I think it is more important that America take the high ground in the international community and among Americans because I believe in the principals this country was founded on.
I hope they do get thrown into American prisons if they are found guilty. Let them write home about Bubba, and shankings and prison tatoos. Giving these guys the special treatment we have, only puts them on a pedestal.

And when did they get out? thats right, under BUSH...but you blame obama still.

You know gates has come out and supported this as well. And said that they will find places to hold them.

I will reprint from the prior post, since you clearly missed it.

Here the leftist thought all the Gitmo people were all perfectly innocent lovable little fuzz balls.

No you got that wrong. You forgot to blame the US. You forgot to excuse terrorism.

All the Gitmo people were perfectly innocent lovable little fuzz balls until we put them in Gitmo and made them into terrorists with a justifiable motive.

I think you would be surprised at how many people think they are fuzz balls.

And so who's job is it to make the laws that will tell us how to try them? A: congress is the legislative branch.

Bush probably wanted to hold them forever and ever and then a few years after their bones fell apart. But he received a lot of pressure from the left to stop holding them. do you suppose he released the worst of the bunch or the ones that we had the most reason to hold. Obviously he released the best with the least reason to hold and still they were terrorists. Which means that those who are still there are worse with more reason to hold.

So is Bush a fool to bow to pressure? He should have held on to them, made no concessions to the left and been impeached which is what would have happened. Yep, that is what he should have done. No backbone. What the man can't stand a little time in jail for war crimes?
Except for knowing they are guilty and planning their punishment before the trial that sounds great.

Except that civil courts would all find them all innocent that sounds great.

Except that military courts would find most of them innocent that sounds great.

Except that the UN is worthless and would not only not find them innocent but would find the US guilty and divide Israel between Jordan and Peru just because they could that sounds great.

What court do you think should try them? Why haven't the democrats in congress made one? Could it be that it is just too much fun to watch Bush squirm and helped immensely in the election?

Lawyer says: "Your honor these men were innocent bystanders as you can tell by the fact that they were wearing civilian cloths and were actually more interested in bestializing that goat which was found with them than they were in making any alleged bombs. Our system of justice says that a man is innocent until proven guilty and there is no proof that these men were not in the cave because the goat was just too cute."

The Geneva convention (nor the Hague) does not apply.

Yep.

P. Obama will do what P Bush would have done except he will be lionized rather than crucified for the same thing.

When you do not have a free and unbiased media but instead have one in which 95% of the reporters vote liberal there are consequences and we all suffer equally for them.

The following may be of interest to you all.......

Obama and the Treatment of Terrorist Suspects

U.S. President Barack Obama signed an executive order Feb. 1 approving the continued use of renditions by the CIA. The order seems to go against Obama’s campaign promises to improve the image of the United States abroad, as renditions under the Bush administration had drawn criticism worldwide, especially from members of the European Union. The executive order does not necessarily mean that renditions and other tactics for dealing with terrorist suspects will proceed unchanged, however.

Obama came into office promising changes in the way the United States combats terrorism. One of these changes was a new emphasis on legal processes and a shift away from controversial methods of treating terrorist suspects, like rendition, harsh interrogation techniques and secret prisons. The Obama administration can and will roll back some of these tactics, as demonstrated by the president’s Jan. 22 order to close the detention center at Guantanamo Bay. But some will continue.

Secret Prisons and Interrogation Issues

Obama on Jan. 22 also ordered the CIA to close its secret prisons around the world that hold detainees without adhering to U.S. legal standards. Because fewer than 100 detainees were held in these prisons, however, this is a minor point.

A different executive order also issued Jan. 22 applied the interrogation guidelines outlined in the U.S. military field handbook and the Geneva Conventions to the CIA. Obama and Holder also have made it clear that the new administration views waterboarding as torture and thus illegal, settling the debate on the matter.

Still, it is only a matter of time before new techniques used by interrogators in the field will face questions of legality and morality. No national leader can micromanage at the field level. Even though the Justice Department and senior White House officials in the Bush administration signed secret findings authorizing the CIA to conduct waterboarding in specific cases, tactical, field-level topics do not stick around at the level of national policy for very long.

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20090204_obama_and_treatment_terrorist_suspects

Werbung:
I think you would be surprised at how many people think they are fuzz balls.
I still think you are whitewashing the mainstream. Only the most bleeding heard liberals, the same ones who cheered pilots being shot down in Vietnam are in that circle.
And so who's job is it to make the laws that will tell us how to try them? A: congress is the legislative branch.
Well that would be ideal, but our last President took the line of "through whatever means necessary" farther than most anticipated. But I think you might agree that since executive orders set up this system, the same could abolish the old and establish a new one. Also, international law has been agreed to in this regard.
Bush probably wanted to hold them forever and ever and then a few years after their bones fell apart. But he received a lot of pressure from the left to stop holding them. do you suppose he released the worst of the bunch or the ones that we had the most reason to hold. Obviously he released the best with the least reason to hold and still they were terrorists. Which means that those who are still there are worse with more reason to hold.
I get a kick out of this bowing to pressure to the left, if you think that is the case, especially here then I think that line of thought is a bit naive and convenient to fit an already predesposed conclusion, when in my theory that the release of those from gitmo in question here, came as a result of pressure from the Saudis. Much like Bush released a Briton or two and an Aussie after much international pressure. Considering his track record of letting the Bin Ladens leave after 9-11 and bending over backwards at every opportunity to the Saudis, this to be MUCH more likely to be the case. Blast the democrats all you like, but I would bet that this was much more about the Saudis.
So is Bush a fool to bow to pressure? He should have held on to them, made no concessions to the left and been impeached which is what would have happened. Yep, that is what he should have done. No backbone. What the man can't stand a little time in jail for war crimes?
So now you think there might be a case for war crimes? This is not a path that I think we should be going down, but again, it is much more likely this came as a result of international pressure than it is from domestic.
Except for knowing they are guilty and planning their punishment before the trial that sounds great.

Except that civil courts would all find them all innocent that sounds great.

Except that military courts would find most of them innocent that sounds great.
So then what are they being detained for?
Except that the UN is worthless and would not only not find them innocent but would find the US guilty and divide Israel between Jordan and Peru just because they could that sounds great.
Oh the old UN is worthless argument, you realize that I have seen so many arguments on here justify the Iraq war based on UN resolutions. Now you cant have it both ways.
What court do you think should try them? Why haven't the democrats in congress made one? Could it be that it is just too much fun to watch Bush squirm and helped immensely in the election?
I think they should be thrown into POW camps and treated according to the Geneva convention.

Back