This is how you combat lunatic murders

Werbung:
Are we at war with the Crips and Bloods as well? How about the Cali Cartel?
Why not start shooting them from drones?

What are you talking about? Drones or terrorists? I replied to your post about Somalia.

What are you talking about? Drones or terrorists? I replied to your post about Somalia.
Yemen, not Somalia, but it's really the same thing.

If we're "at war" with Al Qaeda, then we're "at war" with drug dealers as well, so why not shoot them from drones the way we do terrorists?

We could clean up East LA pretty quickly, it seems to me.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

It seems that too many gun owners have neither foresight nor hindsight!

This story should set a new example of the extend of stupidity that some gun owners (too many, obviously!) harbor. . . . with their love affair with guns!

December 20th, 2012
10:36 AM ET
Boys make the right move with loaded gun in theater

With the horrific news involving guns from Newtown, Connecticut, in the past week, here’s a story with a happy ending and one that illustrates how kids can be more responsible than adults when it comes to weapons.
On Wednesday morning in Tillamook, Oregon, a city of 5,000 near the Pacific Ocean, a group of seventh-grade students were on a field trip to the local Coliseum Theatre to watch "The Hobbit." The outing was a reward for getting good grades.
It turns out these kids were more than book-smart.
When Kolton McKinney pulled his seat down, something fell from it.
“He sat down in his chair and I heard a ‘clunk’ and I looked down and there it was,” Kolton’s classmate, Levi Crabtree, told CNN affiliate KGW in Portland.
Levi and Kolton didn’t touch the weapon. They alerted a school staffer who was on the field trip, who then alerted police.It was a gun, a small-caliber, semi-automatic pistol. It was fully loaded with a round in the chamber, Tillamook Police Chief Terry Wright said.
Read full story by following the link

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/20/boys-make-the-right-move-with-loaded-gun-in-theater/

Are we at war with the Crips and Bloods as well? How about the Cali Cartel?
Why not start shooting them from drones?

Yeah,,, The Reason why Obama will never allow drones attacked on Mexican Cartels is because Mexico sides with Obama admin on anti illegal immingration. So Obama wants the courts make Arizona drop their illegal immingration laws. If Mexico wants illegals here why cant we become illegal in Mexico. Look what they did to our soldier who crossed the border illegaly.They put him in prison on chains. And were not even allowed to treat illegals so harshly here.

Yeah,,, The Reason why Obama will never allow drones attacked on Mexican Cartels is because Mexico sides with Obama admin on anti illegal immingration. So Obama wants the courts make Arizona drop their illegal immingration laws. If Mexico wants illegals here why cant we become illegal in Mexico. Look what they did to our soldier who crossed the border illegaly.They put him in prison on chains. And were not even allowed to treat illegals so harshly here.
Who said anything about illegals?

there is a difference between terror and strong arm commerce.
pretty sure the crips have not joined al q

Strong arm commerce? Is that what we call killing off the competition, literally? It seems to me that the difference is that Al Qaeda is in it for political power, while the gangs are in it for the money, along with power over the other gangs. It is not a great difference.

Strong arm commerce? Is that what we call killing off the competition, literally? It seems to me that the difference is that Al Qaeda is in it for political power, while the gangs are in it for the money, along with power over the other gangs. It is not a great difference.

huge difference. gangs have no ideology.

huge difference. gangs have no ideology.
So, the difference between a gang and a terrorist organization is that the latter has an ideology? Does that mean that any entity that uses violence to achieve an ideological end is a terrorist organization, but one that uses violence simply to be the baddest on the block isn't?
Just how should we define "terrorist organization"? That seems pretty important if we're going to have a "war on terror."

So, the difference between a gang and a terrorist organization is that the latter has an ideology? Does that mean that any entity that uses violence to achieve an ideological end is a terrorist organization, but one that uses violence simply to be the baddest on the block isn't?
Just how should we define "terrorist organization"? That seems pretty important if we're going to have a "war on terror."

you seem to have left the comercial aspect out which is central.

gangs have no ideology.
I disagree about gangs not having an ideology. Though their ideology might not be obvious - not even to the gang members - it exists. Gangs have a collectivist ideology, they believe in forcing some individuals to "sacrifice" for the "greater good" of the collective. Gangs, like terrorists or immoral governments, impose their will on others by force. Morally, all are equally evil. It's only when we ignore morality and look at it strictly in terms of physical violence on a sliding scale that distinctions are drawn. Laws may accomplish a goal with less violence than physically putting a gun to someone's head but both actions are equally immoral.

Werbung:
Is it, or is it a means to an end? Al Qaeda has to raise money for their activities, and so does the F14. The latter does so mainly through drug sales.

to be sure he Taliban leaned on the poppy trade in Afghanistan and money was the means to heir end. But gangs want the cash and violence is the means to that end.

Back