This guy's having a heart attack! Anyone got 300 bucks?

PLC1

Staff member
Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

Tracy residents will now have to pay every time they call 9-1-1 for a medical emergency.

But there are a couple of options. Residents can pay a $48 voluntary fee for the year which allows them to call 9-1-1 as many times as necessary.

Or, there's the option of not signing up for the annual fee. Instead, they will be charged $300 if they make a call for help.

Is this a good idea?

Don't we already pay for 911 as a surcharge on the phone bill?

I wonder if it applies to cell phones, or only to the regular phone? What if I'm driving through Tracy and call to report a traffic accident?

Werbung:
Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

Is this a good idea?

Don't we already pay for 911 as a surcharge on the phone bill?

I wonder if it applies to cell phones, or only to the regular phone? What if I'm driving through Tracy and call to report a traffic accident?

The 911 thing seems stupid to me but there are other programs that are very much like it.

We kind of do this in my area but for the Fire/med EMS.

For 19 dollars a year you can be a member and be taken to the hospital via ambulance or have the ambulance come to you. You and the family or anyone who is at your house.

I dont personally do it but everyone around me does. Anyone who complains that $19.00 a year is too much will not be happy when "free" health care comes.

My local fire-rescue / EMT (Tallahassee, Fla) attempted to have a $500 to $700 per crash charge to at-fault drivers passed into law during the last legislative session.

It was merely a backhanded attempt for another broke government agency to raise revenue, and was/is no different than this 911 charge. It was shot down as punitive double taxation as property taxes already charge for this.

Be prepared for more and more attempts to unfairly squeeze the taxpayer to shore up inept, corrupt, fiscally irresponsible local governments

To be fair, the guy having the heart attack, did not have health care insurance anyway....just let him die...not worth 300 to call is it?

Fing retarded

My ex has Epilepsy and should I be over and she started having major seizures ....should I really have to worry about paying a charge to call to help save her life possibly? What if that charge made someone 2nd guess calling just enough to cost the time needed to save a life...I may be having a heart attack....but I can't afford to call 911 if I am not, I will wait and see if it goes away.....oppps to late

Werbung:
To be fair, the guy having the heart attack, did not have health care insurance anyway....just let him die...not worth 300 to call is it?

Fing retarded

My ex has Epilepsy and should I be over and she started having major seizures ....should I really have to worry about paying a charge to call to help save her life possibly? What if that charge made someone 2nd guess calling just enough to cost the time needed to save a life...I may be having a heart attack....but I can't afford to call 911 if I am not, I will wait and see if it goes away.....oppps to late

make the call and don't pay up. happens all the time. the rest of us get to pick up the tab. as usual.

Back