there is one race the human race

counterfiat

so there is a conspiracy going around that we are all just one race, and that we are all the same, simply i dont see how we can all be one race, i just dont see how its possible, some people try to marginalize racism by saying color isn't a race, and their right, but genetic features that correlate with color are race. then finally i ask myself if all people are one race why does gestational periods for infants vary between white people and black people by a week, its not a fluke its solid fact even under controlled circumstances black people have a 1 week shorter gestational period, this is something that separates species.

Werbung:
Its a damn shame these guys didnt win 150 years ago

rebel_yell.jpg

TwilightInGettysburg.jpg

This was a damn shame
surrender.jpg

This was the payback!
Lincolnassassination.jpg

so there is a conspiracy going around that we are all just one race, and that we are all the same, simply i dont see how we can all be one race, i just dont see how its possible, some people try to marginalize racism by saying color isn't a race, and their right, but genetic features that correlate with color are race. then finally i ask myself if all people are one race why does gestational periods for infants vary between white people and black people by a week, its not a fluke its solid fact even under controlled circumstances black people have a 1 week shorter gestational period, this is something that separates species.

According to this dictionary, there is not just one race.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Race
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
Nevertheless, some people wish to express their racial tolerance by stating that, "...there is only one race...the human race...".

Anyone who says their is only one race needs to travel to China or Africa. Have we reached the point where the English language no longer can have a word for people who comes from different heritages?

Maybe I have traveled enough that I don't find the word race to be offensive. Race doesn't mean racist. Just because someone is from the Anglo-Saxon race (like me) doesn't have any implication of love or hate. It is just a convenient way to identify a broad group of physical characteristics, ie, white skin, blue eyes, milk drinking, etc.

recent genetics indicate that all humanity came from Africa in three of four different migrations. Being white is an anomaly caused by humans living in northern climes without the benefit of proper sunlight and diet to turn vitamin A into D (that is one theory). Speciation occurs when groups live apart separated by space and geography eventually developing separate features correlating to their community and climate. Yes there are races, but they all share common ancestry. Recent finds in Indonesia and other perts of SE Asia have cast a shadow on some of these findings and await DNA sequencing to tie them into the known genome. Also, it has been found that most of us carry up to 10% Neanderthal (two types, in fact)

recent genetics indicate that all humanity came from Africa in three of four different migrations. Being white is an anomaly caused by humans living in northern climes without the benefit of proper sunlight and diet to turn vitamin A into D (that is one theory). Speciation occurs when groups live apart separated by space and geography eventually developing separate features correlating to their community and climate. Yes there are races, but they all share common ancestry. Recent finds in Indonesia and other perts of SE Asia have cast a shadow on some of these findings and await DNA sequencing to tie them into the known genome. Also, it has been found that most of us carry up to 10% Neanderthal (two types, in fact)

The ones who are seen on the beach with hair all over their backs!:D

Here is a test about race, and racism.

1. You are standing in a line for the cashier at Walmart. You can choose between a young woman clerk who looks Asian, and a black man. Whose line are you going to stand it?

2. You have the same two people, this time you have to choose people for a basketball team. Who are you going to choose?

That is race - not racism

Yes, Hobo, there are differances between the races, often physical, often cultural. This happens when divergent tribes are separate and procreate amongst themselves. This does not mean we did not have common ancestors.

Yes, Hobo, there are differances between the races, often physical, often cultural. This happens when divergent tribes are separate and procreate amongst themselves. This does not mean we did not have common ancestors.

oh, yea, my great grandparents, Adam and Eve. Were they neanderthals? If 10% of our genome stock comes from Neanderthals, what is the other 90%? Genes from monkeys?

oh, yea, my great grandparents, Adam and Eve. Were they neanderthals? If 10% of our genome stock comes from Neanderthals, what is the other 90%? Genes from monkeys?

No, cromagdon. If you had stayed awake in high school you would know that...and other things.

Oh yeah, the GOP doens't believe in evolution, I forgot. Our closest relations are homo sapiens, we are homo sapien-sapien from a divergence about 10,000 years ago. I misstated the % on Neanderthal in our genome, it is 1 to 4% of the population after leaving Africa, in Indonesia and the surrounding islands up to 5% of the genome is Denisovian neanderthal, a newer branch first found in Siberia. Other genomes suspected of being in ours include homo heidelbergensis and homo florensiensis (the famous "Hobbits" found on the island outside Indonesia)-as they shared the earth with homo sapiens also. I say suspected because no DNA has been extracted yet. After that, homo erectis is our closest in the fossil record. As for the neanderthals clear DNA record has been established and a clear path of humanity has been established out of Africa and the genes in every person in this forum have some African lineage proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Sorry, bro.

As for the neanderthals clear DNA record has been established and a clear path of humanity has been established out of Africa and the genes in every person in this forum have some African lineage proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Sorry, bro.

Not me! I have absolutely no rhythm and cannot play basketball!

According to this dictionary, there is not just one race.

Nevertheless, some people wish to express their racial tolerance by stating that, "...there is only one race...the human race...".

Very true sir.

I really do not see how it is any sort of conspiracy

Werbung:

"Race" seems to be a word reserved for humans? We don't have races of dogs, we have breeds. Unless perhaps we have breeds of humans? Perhaps there are races within breeds of dogs? Are Hounds a breed, and Blood Hounds a race? Are Apes a breed, and Chimps one race and Humans another race?

No, not really. Speciation is involved. Dogs can breed with other dogs.

Its all very confusing. I suspect the confusion is intentional, as a diversion, to try to make the "Us v. Them" argument more forceful.

Back