THEIST UNITY(Ed.)

Indeed.

And on top of that it seems odd that statements in the bible are literal until science debunks them and then they are allegorical.

I bet christians sit their cringing at what science will debunk next necessitating yet another revision.

Werbung:
According to some scholars, the concept of a virgin birth was borrowed/stolen from the believers in some earlier Roman god.

One of the first was actually Horus an Egyptian God, there is much in the way of solid documentation to support this.

There can really be no doubting (using rational thinking and critical analysis) that the Egyptian influence on orthodox Christianity is actually very profound.

I wonder how many Christians realise that the the Chi-Rho emblem displayed in many Christian churches, and reputed to be the sacred monogram of Christ was originally sacred to Horus and was known in Egypt thousands of years before the beginning of Christianity.

The evidence available suggests that the whole of the Christian Bible was derived from the sacred books of Egypt.

This does not mean that a Jesus of some description never existed of course. If again one uses rational thinking and critical analysis, most 'stories', or 'myths' passed down through the ages are based, somewhere, sometime, on fact.

They have usually changed somewhat, added to in many ways, the original myth embellished as it is past down over the centuries; this has shown to be true in many, many instances throughout human history.

Werbung:
I think most people accept that there was some figure in history on which the character of Jesus is based as you rightly indicate.

What I very much doubt is that he raised anyone from the dead and didn't have any male chromosomes

Back