The "Why We're In Iraq" Checklist

The reasons were obvious ... just as it was obvious that the social reason of slavery as an abomination wasn't the reason for the Civil War, but the North's inability to compete economically against slave labor was.

I'm curiuos as to how you frame this statement. Do you belive the Civil War was fought because the North wanted to maintain economic dominance over the South but was unable to because of slave labor?

Werbung:
I'm curiuos as to how you frame this statement. Do you belive the Civil War was fought because the North wanted to maintain economic dominance over the South but was unable to because of slave labor?
I believe it was more that the South was dominating the North because of slavery in slave-employed industries, and the North wanted a level playing field.

But the demographic differences between North and South made a level playing field impossible with or without slavery.

When the war ended, the South never rose again, and understandably so.

Nevertheless, the Civil War was not fought over "God's demand to end the evils of slavery".

It was fought solely for reasons of economics.

The same sole reason we murderously invaded Iraq to steal their oil distribution rights so that they wouldn't sell our share of Iraqi crude to China.

Werbung:

The "Why We're In Iraq" Checklist​

"One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.

My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of (Kuwait) and
he wasted it.

If
I have a chance to invade Iraq, if I had that much capital, I'm not going to waste it. I'm going to get everything passed I want to get passed and I'm going to have a successful presidency."

Back