The Path to 9/11 on ABC

kelkat

Did anyone else catch this miniseries? It ran Sun and Mon without commercial interruptions. That in itself made it interesting.

I won't say I enjoyed it, but I found it fascinating. Would that we could only find out the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Werbung:
I wrote my opinion about it on my blog populardoctrine.com. Needless to say, I consider the miniseries an extremely dangerous undertaking, as it is presented in a dramatic format, rather than the documentary it should have been.

I did not see it.....

Though I am alarmed that they may have presented scenes that may not have happened. And whatever one thinks of Clinton I don't think it is appropriate to use 911 as a political attack.

See, I felt like they hit both sides equally hard. They tried to show how everyone missed a chance to save the day and to remind people that the ones who did the attack are set on doing more.

that is a relief if they did hit both sides equally. Though I do have to agree with Adrian over the whole docurama format. I do not think it was the best format (especially as it allows some fictional aspects).

But then again i am only going on what i have heard or read.

See, I felt like they hit both sides equally hard. They tried to show how everyone missed a chance to save the day and to remind people that the ones who did the attack are set on doing more.

I wanted to see this, but something came up and i didn't get to. Hopefully they will replay it later. What i don't really get is why they felt the need to add things that didn't happen. Or things to make it more dramitcal. I don't know about all of you, but what happened on that day was dramitic enough for me.

I agree that it was dramatic enough, so I'm not interested in a mini series or a movie or any other dramatic rendering. I wonder, too, if all the drama doesn't prolong the suffering. I think we need to acknowledge what happened and the lessons learned but the constant memorializing is getting out of hand. Not that I want us to forget, just that it's not good to get bogged down in the past and not move forward.

The only think that they said was "dramatized" was the things that you can't have known in detail (like what the terrorists did when they met - you speculate, but you can't know for sure). Most of what they did was based on the 9/11 commission reports, interviews, and other public documents.

It wasn't focused on the tragedy itself, but more on how the government (not one party or the other) let the ball drop and how it would keep dropping if they didn't get it together. The most interesting part for me was how the government does know what each part is doing (administration, CIA, FBI, etc) You'd think washington would be like other small towns where everyone knows everyone else's business.

Documentaries like that will always be subject to problems. People want the truth, even if perhaps, the truth is too simple; then, people will want a much more complex and elaborate story to be the truth :\

Actually i believe they had a scene in it where Clinton had Bin Ladin surrounded and then one of his officials let him go. The only problem with this is the scene was totally fiction and nothing like it occured in real life. I have really no problem with having a documentry criticize Clinton (or any other president). My only problem is with presenting fictional scenes as fact.

I don't remember it going that way. I remember that they had him targeted an were waiting the go ahead to initiate and attack but the administration wouldn't give that okay.

They showed a similar incident after Bush took office.

The problem i have is the incident never actually happened....

Though the show may have been more balenced then I have expected.

Still I fail to see the need to fictionalize things like this or how it helps us to understand the situation.

I don't remember it going that way. I remember that they had him targeted an were waiting the go ahead to initiate and attack but the administration wouldn't give that okay.

They showed a similar incident after Bush took office.

Hmm...that's going to be interesting to see the repercussion of this "story." Using vague stories or fiction over fact is sure to draw criticism from everywhere :\

Werbung:
I am also awaiting the aftermath of this 'story' because I don't know what story is true.

Back