The IRSs “Equal Treatment Of Liberals And Conservatives”

I suppose in your superior way of thinking , Reagan's increases in National Debt had nothing to do with the abysmal condition the country was in before he took office.

But you won't say the same for Obama, now will you?

Showing an increase in public debt doesn't show the whole picture either. Under Reagan he lowered the high tax rate from 70% to 28%.
He reduced nondefense discretionary spending, added 20 million new jobs and lowered double digit unemployment to 5%. The economy grew by a third, he restrained the anti inflation monetary supply, reduced regulations, strengthening the dollar and reducing inflation to 3%.

And while he did that in his first term, by the second term he saw the deficit growing, and eliminated the tax loopholes for the wealthy (can you see the Republicans agreeing to that), and it wasn't 28%, it was 50%. Bush43 did the 28% gambit.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-16/why-reagan-raised-taxes-and-we-should-too-echoes.html

Reagan did double defense spending, bringing our tired military from a post WWII, Viet Nam worn out one, into a new technological era, that we enjoy today. Which also helped to end the cold war.

You didn't read the article I posted about the myths of the Reagan economy, did you.

Also, don't discount the fact that the Democrats controlled the House for six years of Reagan's presidency and then they controlled both houses for the last two years.

And Republicans have controlled the House for 2 years of Obama's first 4, and now 2 of his next 4, and used the filibuster to hamper the Senate just as Reid has used his position to prevent actions from occurring. Also, the Republicans controlled both Houses for the majority of the years under Clinton, and Bush43, and we got what?

VietNam was an illegal war too.

Werbung:
But you won't say the same for Obama, now will you?

Why would I? Reagan raised the debt 20% to 50% of GDP during his eight years, compared to Obama raising it 70% to 121% of GDP in five years. That's 2.5% per year vs 14% per year.

And while he did that in his first term, by the second term he saw the deficit growing, and eliminated the tax loopholes for the wealthy (can you see the Republicans agreeing to that), and it wasn't 28%, it was 50%. Bush43 did the 28% gambit.

The figures I used were from a 1986 WSJ report. The tax reform act of 1986 had only two tax brackets. 28% and 15% which lasted until 1990.

You didn't read the article I posted about the myths of the Reagan economy, did you.

If you want to believe they are myths be my guest. But I know nothing about the OP of the article, Ivan Eland, or what consortiumnews.com is about. Never heard of them or their agenda.
And Republicans have controlled the House for 2 years of Obama's first 4, and now 2 of his next 4,

I guess we can thank the Tea Party for that. Can you just imagine what the tax rates would be and what other 20k page bills Obama would have gotten through with a Democrat controlled congress?

VietNam was an illegal war too.

Wasn't that a Democrat thing? JFK and Johnson's war against the spread of communism. Now today our national threat is the spread of radical Islam. Obama thinks the national threat are conservatives.

Why would I? Reagan raised the debt 20% to 50% of GDP during his eight years, compared to Obama raising it 70% to 121% of GDP in five years. That's 2.5% per year vs 14% per year.

The figures I used were from a 1986 WSJ report. The tax reform act of 1986 had only two tax brackets. 28% and 15% which lasted until 1990.

If you want to believe they are myths be my guest. But I know nothing about the OP of the article, Ivan Eland, or what consortiumnews.com is about. Never heard of them or their agenda.

I guess we can thank the Tea Party for that. Can you just imagine what the tax rates would be and what other 20k page bills Obama would have gotten through with a Democrat controlled congress?

Wasn't that a Democrat thing? JFK and Johnson's war against the spread of communism. Now today our national threat is the spread of radical Islam. Obama thinks the national threat are conservatives.
he wants to make this about the past, The problems today are Obamas problems, no matter what George or Ronald did or didn't do.. To me one of the greatest things Reagan did during his Presidency.. Was to make us proud again, PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

he wants to make this about the past, The problems today are Obamas problems, no matter what George or Ronald did or didn't do.. To me one of the greatest things Reagan did during his Presidency.. Was to make us proud again, PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Cant answer to the point so divert. Where have we seen this before ?

This thread is called "Equal treatment of between Liberals and Conservatives." Nice idea, but it doesn't happen. Liberals are always going to think they are treated unequally and Conservatives know they are.

The majority of college professors and journalists are liberals, and they shut conservatives out of those fields. They don't even try to hide the fact that they are doing it, and there is nothing in place to prevent them from doing it.

And, it continues .....

IRS moves to rein in tax-exempt groups after targeting scandal

The Obama administration launched an attempt Tuesday to rein in the same class of politically active non-profit groups the IRS was accused of targeting last summer.

Under the proposed new rules, organizations that fall under the tax-exempt 501(c)(4) umbrella would also be more clearly identified during campaigns. The new guidance would curtail activities such as running ads, distributing campaign literature and other get-out-the-vote initiatives.

The groups in question are able to raise millions of dollars to influence elections.

Smaller organizations that are similarly classified were the subject of unfair targeting practices earlier this year by IRS employees, leading to the eventual resignations of several senior IRS officials.

They certainly are tenacious.

Scandal doesn't change their ways, they just dig their heels in even more.

Werbung:
Tyranny for sure.
For Sure ....

‘First Amendment Rights of Americans at Even Greater Risk’: IRS Issues Rules Curbing Political Activity

In the shadow of the scandal over the targeting of Tea Party and other conservative groups, the Internal Revenue Service on Tuesday announced new regulations curbing the political activity of tax-exempt groups

The new restrictions would prohibit such groups from backing candidates, making political pronouncements 60 days before an election and participating in get-out-the-vote drives.

Advocates for conservative organizations litigating against the IRS’ scrutiny say the new rules are an attack on free speech.

“It is never a positive when the government gets involved in regulating political speech,” Cleta Mitchell, a Washington-based attorney, told TheBlaze. “Remember the first five words of the First Amendment: ‘Congress shall make no law.’”

Back