The Introduce Yourself thread!

C

chakarbhan

This one needs to be heavily edited (again)! So here goes..

I thought I'd introduce myself.. Although I always drop tidbits here and there, I figured, it might be nice to actually say.. well, this is who I am..

Ok.. I'm Helene, 26 years old, from the Netherlands. I am attending grad school, with a major in English literature. I have a 4 year old son, and am a single mother. I am currently in love though !
Politically.. I'm a left wing libertarian, meaning, I believe that the government should mind its own business, but, should create equal opportunities for all, so that personal responsibility is limited to real personal responsibility, instead of the responsibility to succeed against all odds.
I'm interested in politics cause it's an important part of life.. and I also follow some international relations courses at uni.
Furthermore, I have an uncanny amount of knowledge about the biological/physiological aspect of the development of a new life.

I enjoy debating things, because my opinions do change.. I feel I learn things here, and if no earth shocking changes in my opinions have occured as of yet, at least they have been better defined.

Werbung:

I thought I'd introduce myself.. Although I always drop tidbits here and there, I figured, it might be nice to actually say.. well, this is who I am..

Ok.. I'm Helene, 26 years old, from the Netherlands. I am attending grad school, with a major in English literature. I have a 4 year old son, and am a single mother. I am currently in love though !
Politically.. I'm a left wing libertarian, meaning, I believe that the government should mind its own business, but, should create equal opportunities for all, so that personal responsibility is limited to real personal responsibility, instead of the responsibility to succeed against all odds.
I'm interested in politics cause it's an important part of life.. and I also follow some international relations courses at uni.
Furthermore, I have an uncanny amount of knowledge about the biological/physiological aspect of the development of a new life.

I enjoy debating things, because my opinions do change.. I feel I learn things here, and if no earth shocking changes in my opinions have occured as of yet, at least they have been better defined.

Welcome.

Nice to meet you, Helene. But. . .are you still 26 years old? I thought you were 26 years old in 2003?

welcome...

and I think your statement of the government should mind its own business...AND create equal opportunities for all...is 100% contradictory. The only way to have a truly fair system...means the government will have to be involved,,,Human nature will not allow fairness in a natural system.

hello I just thought I would say hello... I am new and my name is gineen.
Can't wait to get to know some of you.

Werbung:
Back