The Egyptian people fill me with hope

JayMick

I am very proud of Egyptian people. They have restored my faith in humanity. They will be remember as the people who brought democracy to the middle east and probably the rest of the world. Egypt I bow to you today. What an amazing revolution!

Werbung:
I am very proud of Egyptian people. They have restored my faith in humanity. They will be remember as the people who brought democracy to the middle east and probably the rest of the world. Egypt I bow to you today. What an amazing revolution!

I agree, I hope they do not back down...and I also hope that the violence against the protesters ends. Mubarak's thug police force will keep trying to amp up the violence...but in the end..they will fail I know...his rule is at a end, and I hope the US makes sure to do its role to make sure it happens as soon as possible.

for someone that hates government so much, you would think you would like watching the people actually stand up to theres.

the American Revolution...was "mob rule"

They stand up to there government only to replace it with another government.

So?

I was impressed that the Egyptian people were able to unite behind the idea that the corrupt goverment was introducing devisive sociological elements to discredit their movement and break their spirits. I am very familar with alot of these tactic when fighting against the American economic elite.

They stand up to there government only to replace it with another government.

So?

so you don't see why anyone would protest to have a say in there government?
a Authoritarian Oppressive Government run by a dictator who tortures and kills his opponents...is not worth standing up and saying we want a choice , we want to elect our leaders and have a goverment that listens to the people?

With the realistic knowledge that there will be a government...always...

APATHY, your disimisive attitude have been proven to be nothing but a minor barriar to progress. Great things can be achieved if the people with real devotion believe in themselves.

1)so you don't see why anyone would protest to have a say in there government?
2)a Authoritarian Oppressive Government run by a dictator who tortures and kills his opponents...is not worth standing up and saying we want a choice , we want to elect our leaders and have a goverment that listens to the people?

3)With the realistic knowledge that there will be a government...always...

1) I see why they but its pointless you are just trading one tyrant for an entire group of them

2) As opposed to a Authoritarian Oppressive Government run by a democracy that tortures and kills their opponents..

3) Ok first off the one way you can almost guarantee you will be wrong is by using absolutes. Secondly that is some twisted logic murder, rape, and theft will almost certainly exist as long as there are being to commit the crime but that does not justify the practice.

APATHY, your disimisive attitude have been proven to be nothing but a minor barriar to progress. Great things can be achieved if the people with real devotion believe in themselves.

Be specific... What progress?

The people are educated, young, and guild by a sense of morals you cant comprehend. We won our freedom. They deserve a chance to do the same. Obviously there are many possibilities but focusing on the negitive only conditions those around you to accept a more disapointing outcome. Have pride for your fellow man and have faith that good things can happen. Hope is a virius we are all suseptable to.

1) I see why they but its pointless you are just trading one tyrant for an entire group of them

2) As opposed to a Authoritarian Oppressive Government run by a democracy that tortures and kills their opponents..

3) Ok first off the one way you can almost guarantee you will be wrong is by using absolutes. Secondly that is some twisted logic murder, rape, and theft will almost certainly exist as long as there are being to commit the crime but that does not justify the practice.

If you can't see the point of wanting a government that listens to the people, and does not torture and kill them...I don't know what to say. Its like saying living under a democratically elected Obama...is no different then a dictator who takes over by force like Hitler...Even if you want no goverment...there is a huge difference between the 2.

you basically sound like, if you don't get everything you want...its not worth trying for even half at least...

2. why do you assume that this is what will happen with a democratic government by the people...

3. Sorry I do live in the real world...and no modern nation is going to be going to a no government rule and having anything good from it any time soon. Egypt will have a government this week, next, 5 years from now, 10, 20, 50....you can keep thinking its not absolute...but its also not absolute that I will not be the republican nominee for president of the US in 2012...but if you actually think its going to happen...well you are smoking something.

1)If you can't see the point of wanting a government that listens to the people, and does not torture and kill them...I don't know what to say. Its like saying living under a democratically elected Obama...is no different then a dictator who takes over by force like Hitler...Even if you want no goverment...there is a huge difference between the 2.

1a)you basically sound like, if you don't get everything you want...its not worth trying for even half at least...

2. why do you assume that this is what will happen with a democratic government by the people...

3. Sorry I do live in the real world...and no modern nation is going to be going to a no government rule and having anything good from it any time soon. Egypt will have a government this week, next, 5 years from now, 10, 20, 50....you can keep thinking its not absolute...but its also not absolute that I will not be the republican nominee for president of the US in 2012...but if you actually think its going to happen...well you are smoking something.

1) They are different in one the tyrant is a dictator and the other the is the tyrant is the whims of the electorate. Does it really matter under what system your rights are violated?

1a) Sorry I dont see the tyranny of the mob any more acceptable than the tyranny of a dictator.

2) Are you familiar with Einstein's definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Government no matter its intentions has always led to tyranny but we cling to this idea as if it has sentimental value.

3) Truly Im disappointed in this part of post. The state's previous in continued existence does not make it right. On the same hand the unlikelihood that anarchy will exist doesn't me that the idea is wrong. (There have been anarchist societies mind you.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition

Werbung:
1) They are different in one the tyrant is a dictator and the other the is the tyrant is the whims of the electorate. Does it really matter under what system your rights are violated?

1a) Sorry I dont see the tyranny of the mob any more acceptable than the tyranny of a dictator.

2) Are you familiar with Einstein's definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Government no matter its intentions has always led to tyranny but we cling to this idea as if it has sentimental value.

3) Truly Im disappointed in this part of post. The state's previous in continued existence does not make it right. On the same hand the unlikelihood that anarchy will exist doesn't me that the idea is wrong. (There have been anarchist societies mind you.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition

If you cant see how one where the people have a voice, and a goverment that gives rights to the minority as well is not better then one that rounds up people and killed them in mass in the gas chamber based on there Religion, views, or anything else they can think of...then I don't know what to say. You are offered a chance to live as a Jew in WWII Germany, or in the US...based on what your saying...you don't think it would make a difference...if you belive that, then its not worth debating...we are sooooo far apart on that.

Egypt is not going to form a anarchist society...sorry, its just not going to happen. just like its not going to form into a Jewish state aligned wit Israel...Im sure some people would like that...but its not going to happen.

Back