The BlueCross BlueShield way of screwing their policy holders!

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
How Insurers Reject You
BlueCross BlueShield of Texas' blueprint for denying health policies.
By Timothy Noah
Posted Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2010, at 7:06 PM ET
It's difficult to appreciate the stakes in health care reform if you receive health insurance through your employer. About 59 percent of Americans do, and while they are paying more and more for fewer and fewer benefits, in the larger scheme of things they're the lucky ones. Although they could certainly use some help from Washington, Obamacare won't give them much.
The people who most urgently need Congress to pass health care reform belong to a different group. They're the 9 percent of Americans who purchase health care for themselves or their families in the so-called "nongroup market," which is where most of the horror stories you've heard about health insurance tend to occur. On second thought, that's not quite right. The people who most urgently need health reform are those who aspire to join the 9 percent, but can't, either because no nongroup insurer will take them or because any nongroup insurer that will take them has priced its policy sky-high to offset some medical risk or another. Neither wealthy enough to pay for nongroup insurance nor poor enough to qualify for Medicaid, these spurned customers end up among the 15 percent of Americans who receive no health insurance at all. Should you lose your job and fail to find another, expect to purchase nongroup insurance or, worse, not purchase it. Together, these two groups represent one-quarter of the population.
To continue reading, click here.
Timothy Noah is a senior writer at Slate.
Most of America is just 'ONE', 1 pay check away from falling into the 'NONGROUP ISURANCE' group...how does that settle with the higher echelon of the 'HAVES' :confused:

Werbung:
GOOD POST!!
How Insurers Reject You
BlueCross BlueShield of Texas' blueprint for denying health policies.
By Timothy Noah
Posted Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2010, at 7:06 PM ET
It's difficult to appreciate the stakes in health care reform if you receive health insurance through your employer. About 59 percent of Americans do, and while they are paying more and more for fewer and fewer benefits, in the larger scheme of things they're the lucky ones. Although they could certainly use some help from Washington, Obamacare won't give them much.
The people who most urgently need Congress to pass health care reform belong to a different group. They're the 9 percent of Americans who purchase health care for themselves or their families in the so-called "nongroup market," which is where most of the horror stories you've heard about health insurance tend to occur. On second thought, that's not quite right. The people who most urgently need health reform are those who aspire to join the 9 percent, but can't, either because no nongroup insurer will take them or because any nongroup insurer that will take them has priced its policy sky-high to offset some medical risk or another. Neither wealthy enough to pay for nongroup insurance nor poor enough to qualify for Medicaid, these spurned customers end up among the 15 percent of Americans who receive no health insurance at all. Should you lose your job and fail to find another, expect to purchase nongroup insurance or, worse, not purchase it. Together, these two groups represent one-quarter of the population.
To continue reading, click here.
Timothy Noah is a senior writer at Slate.
Most of America is just 'ONE', 1 pay check away from falling into the 'NONGROUP ISURANCE' group...how does that settle with the higher echelon of the 'HAVES' :confused:

This is my situation ...
last Insurance quote I had was well over $1,400.00 per month cost for just me
No coverage for wife and son

BUT ... my average out of pocket actual cost per month is only $400.00.

ANOTHER thing to keep in mind with some of the BCBS locations - they are running as a NON PROFIT.

BUT STILL ... Obamacare is very WRONG!!

They have to quit targeting those who are not at fault for the brunt the cost.

It's like this ... I went to the store in your neighborhood - they sold me something for WAY TO MUCH ...

... now I want YOU to give me money because they are in your Neighborhood
That IS TOTALLY fair - right?
That is what the left is DEMANDING by supporting Obama Health Care!

Why can't people UNDERSTAND that?? What the heck - who are you to take money out of other pockets because YOU made the life YOU own and deserve?

GOOD POST!!
This is my situation ...

ANOTHER thing to keep in mind with some of the BCBS locations - they are running as a NON PROFIT.

It's like this ... I went to the store in your neighborhood - they sold me something for WAY TO MUCH ...

Why can't people UNDERSTAND that?? What the heck - who are you to take money out of other pockets because YOU made the life YOU own and deserve?
Somewhere along the way...the reason/purpose for health care reform seems to have gotten lost in the jungle of each Senatorial/Congressional special agenda.

1. we will all be paying for the behind the scenes cost for the uninsured Americans
2. major medical underwriters have had free rein for far to long and they have been allowed to adjust cost to the 'HAVES' when the majority of the 'HAVE NOTS' can't pay or drop their policies...so in the end the 'HAVES' are still paying & paying & paying
3. just as with homeowners policies: when Florida got hit with 3 hurricanes in one year...several underwriters just denied their policy holders any claims and then they have closed up shop and fled from ever covering any homeowners in that state
4. the need to stop the systemic blood letting from the human into the greedy major medical underwriters has to be stopped...how best to stop that other then making everyone in America have some form of coverage; I really don't know the answer...all I've seen is the unbridled impact of the overlords {major medical corporations} getting away with gouging with no regulations to govern their greed!!!

GOOD POST!!

This is my situation ...

more like the left is saying, since the stores in this area for some reason all are charging to much for things the People need to survive...we will set up a goverment store that will provide the same services but not all the Profit taking, advertising, and unlike the other stores...we will not only let certain people into the store to buy anything....of course your free to go next door and pay more if you realy like them...for some reason

so demand DC do something helpful like address the COSTS

We can't. America is the land of opportunity and we cannot restrict the amount of money a person makes. It's their right under Capitialism to charge ALL THE MARKET WILL BEAR. A 15% underclass is perfect for scaring the rest of the people into paying whatever the insurance companies demand. And YOU want to prevent them from being all they can be? You a Communist? GenSeca will beat you senseless.

GOOD POST!!

This is my situation ...

Tell it to the people in Hawaii who have had nationalized health care for 40 years--and they love it.

We can't. America is the land of opportunity and we cannot restrict the amount of money a person makes. It's their right under Capitialism to charge ALL THE MARKET WILL BEAR. A 15% underclass is perfect for scaring the rest of the people into paying whatever the insurance companies demand. And YOU want to prevent them from being all they can be? You a Communist? GenSeca will beat you senseless.

I started a thread to address a question you Radical Leftists avoid like it was the plauge:

How can government reduce the costs of providing health care?

It would appear by your answer above that you think eliminating any and all profits associated with health care will do the trick, magically all health care will be plentiful and affordable if only we got rid of the obscene 2.5% profit margin that Ins. Companies charge, as if you're just being gouged for the fun of it and prices aren't actually rising as a result of the skyrocketing costs of providing care.

I started a thread to address a question you Radical Leftists avoid like it was the plauge:

It would appear by your answer above that you think eliminating any and all profits associated with health care will do the trick, magically all health care will be plentiful and affordable if only we got rid of the obscene 2.5% profit margin that Ins. Companies charge, as if you're just being gouged for the fun of it and prices aren't actually rising as a result of the skyrocketing costs of providing care.
FACT CHECK:
My thread w/link was posted 2/11...yours was the posted on the 13th and now you are
because the RADICAL LEFTS are ignoring you :eek:

Gee, could it be that nobody wants to discuss things with you when all you do is excuse away their thoughts/call them names/treat them as though theirs thoughts don't count...hmmm

I would suggest Dale Carnegie's book: "How To Win Friends & Influence People"...highly recomended for people with your delicate social skills...LOL ;)

but we want a real response...not a Obama is a marxist who is not American and we are unarmed this time...idiots

Your not really against fixing the costs...don't play games.

I'm totally against fixing costs. That never works.

I'm for eliminating needless costs.

Fraud is rampant and systemic in the medi's.

Defensive medicine is a massive expense that even the president admits to but refuses to address.

There has to be a better solution to protecting patent rights than what we have with pharma.

Theres a great start.

They really have no idea how this thing works.

Werbung:
Back