1. Come and join our community by registering for free here and start discussing politics! HOP - the political discussion forum

The Audacity of Arrogance

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by dogtowner, Apr 3, 2012.

1. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

a pattern of arrogance strong by any standard

I suppose we all knew much of this but take as an accumulation is pretty illuminating.

cashmcall likes this.
  2. cashmcall

cashmcall Well-Known Member

My take on it...I can't tell where Obama excels more as the Deficit hawk, or the jobs resident or the race and social class unifier. My point is that the economy can't go anywhere with this on its back. Many suspected Obama would be bad for business but few knew how bad. Bush was an idiot so our expectations of him were low. But the magical negro blew in on a cloud of hope and change and said he would transform America and in truth that he has done just that but in a way so negative that much of the country is convinced that Obama is wrong headed not about one or two things but essentially everything. There are even a whole group of moderate retread Democrats coming back into politics to try to save the Democratic party from going over the cliff. Bush's insane liberal agenda caught republicans by surprise. Conservatives just chalked it up to his liberal and worthless daddy. The entire bush clan has a severe mental defect, they are big gov. war loving big spending liberal republicans. Bush is a bookend for obama. They are so alike in their polarizing conduct and neither listen to anyone. They just head off in one stupid direction after another.

But end to end, obama is even worst than bush. He has chalked up more debt and killed more employment than bush did in eight years. Here we are rounding the final year in this awful term and awful economy and he's still blaming bush, or attacking Limbaugh or being a fire starter and race hustler over items in which he has no earth business invading. How utterly insane to get involved with Gates domestic idiocy or the Trayvon martin case. This astonishes. Its fascinating. Another thing that is bizarre about obama is that he doesn't read a thing. Unlike Kennedy who was a voracious and fast reader, Reagan had that gift of retention so he could read most anything and have command of the subject. Even Bush read occasionally; obama has not read a book in the last three years. He has been seen once reading a People Magazine article in which he appeared. Other than that, he doesn't read a thing. Larry Summers said that obama was chronically unprepared at meetings; he wasn't reading the briefings. That's why Summers left.

That reminds me. In Miami they have smash and grabs. The best way to prevent it is to put books in your back seat. Books repel losers.

Soon you will see the liberal press start to get worried about obama's chances and they will turn on him. that's the liberal way.
    How about a no teleprompter debate. How about the press sticking a fork into the hotdog and cooking it on an opened flame. That is the way the press is supposed to behave. Get ready because liberals have to find blame in somebody else when things don't go well. And no Dems are asking for Obama to come campaign with them. In fact they don't want pictures with obama. That's a good start.
    dogtowner likes this.
  3. Cruella

Cruella Well-Known Member

This leaves me speechless.....

Obama Refers to Israel Concern Over Iran as 'Noise'

In an interview to air tonight on CBS's 60 Minutes, President Barack Obama will refer to Israel's concern over Iran's march toward a nuclear program as "noise."

"When it comes to our national security decisions -- any pressure that I feel is simply to do what's right for the American people. And I am going to block out -- any noise that's out there," Obama says,
    tune in tomorrow......
  4. Centrehalf

Centrehalf Active Member

I can't believe I'm saying this but I side with Obama on this topic. I've never understood our commitment to Israel, I don't really care whether Israel lives or dies. I also think it's just a wee bit too late to worry about Nuclear Proliferation because the genie has been out of that bottle for awhile now. There is no danger of an Iranian unilateral nuclear strike, they're not that stupid, America isn't the only nation who would respond to that with overwhelming force. All I really see in this is the Israeli politicians trying to strongarm my country to see things their way, and quite frankly, I'm not impressed and I don't care.
    Openmind likes this.
  5. Openmind

Openmind Well-Known Member

You see, at times we could agree! ;)
  6. Openmind

I would consider this a good thing!!! :ROFLMAO:
  7. BigRob

BigRob Moderator Staff Member

Our cultural connections, intelligence sharing, military cooperation, commercial cooperation, scientific cooperation all combine to make Israel a very important strategic ally.

It is not Iran obtaining a bomb a then using it that is really my worry on the matter. The simple fact is that when Iran obtains a weapon, Egypt will obtain a weapons, Saudi Arabia will obtain a weapon, most likely Turkey will make some large steps in that direction. If these other nations go this route (which their leaders have essentially said they would go), it would be devastating the stability of the region, and have a major economic impact here in the United States.
    cashmcall likes this.
  8. Centrehalf

Centrehalf Active Member

I know you study this topic more than I do, I'm curious: how much do we really gain from Israel?

If you substitute Pakistan for Iran is this statement any less true? That's why I said the genie is out of the bottle.
  9. Cruella

Do you try to be nasty, or does it just come naturally?
  10. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

One word :european
    cashmcall, Centrehalf and GenSeneca like this.
  11. BigRob

BigRob Moderator Staff Member

A lot in my opinion. Even more so from an economic standpoint. Our military uses many things developed and made in Israel. We have large companies doing a lot of business there, the intelligence sharing alone is worth a good relationship, we refuel planes there, can access naval ports -- we don't have to commit troops to that immediate area -- I believe it was a former Sec. of State (don't remember which one off hand) that said "Israel is the largest American aircraft carrier in the region -- and it cannot be moved, sunk, or displaced." -- I am not sure if that is the exact quote, but you get the intention.

I don't think that is true -- for two main reasons I would argue. 1) Pakistan's issues when they went nuclear were not in the Middle East, it was really a defense against India, and nuclear Pakistan did not upset the balance of power in the Middle East because it really didn't offer a threat to others nation vying for regional hegemony -- this is not the case today with a nuclear Iran. 2) Technology hurdles and the Cold War. I don't think anyone in the Middle East could have really quickly obtained a weapon at the time Pakistan did, (without a lot of outside help) and I don't think they really had as much incentive. With the Cold War raging, the United States and Soviet nuclear deterrent umbrellas were more than enough to satisfy most governments. I think this is changing however.
    cashmcall likes this.
  12. Cruella

13. Texas_tea

Texas_tea Well-Known Member

You consider the possibility of Israel being nuked by Iran a good thing?

If I understand your comment correctly ... I am also speechless!
  14. Texas_tea

Texas_tea Well-Known Member

15. Openmind

Go back and look at the post where I said that. . . and see the PART of the quote that I was referring to. It has NOTHING to do with Iran or Israel!

No, I do not think Israel being nuked by Iran would be a good thing. . .but then I don't believe in it, as Iran knows that it would NOT be the end of the story.
    And, look who is making the decisions in Iran. . . . and it is not the guy with the big mouth (which is pretty normal!)

In the other hand, I do not think that Iran being nuked by Israel would be a good thing either. . .and many Jewish people, both here and in Israel think like me.