1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

The abominable Covid test

Discussion in 'Health' started by invest07, Aug 1, 2020.

1. invest07

invest07 Well-Known Member

I had to have a Covid test as part of treatment for a mild case of anemia. The Covid test is PURE HELL. The tech used a swab with a round wood handle. Then the tech stuck the swab so far up my nose I thought it might go into my brain. I jumped so much that I may have left handprints on the chair handles. My nose was still sore several minutes later.
    If any of you HOPers want to share your experience, this is the place.
    I truly hope you guys are well and never have to get a Covid test. It ain't fun.

2. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

So I better dont tell you what diverse medical procedures I had to go through in my whole life :D

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  3. invest07

invest07 Well-Known Member

Since my first Covid test I have had to get an incredible 3 more. It seems my doctor won't treat me without a current test.
    The last 3 tests were not as unpleasant as the first. The techs did not just cram the swab up my nose. They placed it gently against the top of my nose. Then they swab carefully. One even counted backwards from 10 to let me know when it was over.
    And the anemia has been taken care of. And I will be able to get back to donating blood again soon. I have donated 8 gallons of whole blood and a few hundred bottles of plasma. I have divets on the inside of my elbows and scar tissue inside from all the sticks.
    A neighbor of mine just got the all clear from Covid. She had to take time from work and she and her daughter quarantined themselves from each other. Their bedrooms are at either end of the house and they just locked themselves in their rooms for 10 days.
    I thought this was pretty slick for mother and daughter under the same roof to not infect each other.

Walter likes this.