Telephone telepathy?

l99999us

What does everyone think of this? i have never experienced it but I do believe it could be possible. though i think we will probably need more then 1 study to prove it.

peace

-Todd

Telephone telepathy -- I was just thinking about you
Tue Sep 5, 9:29 AM ET

NORWICH (Reuters) - Many people have experienced the phenomenon of receiving a telephone call from someone shortly after thinking about them -- now a scientist says he has proof of what he calls telephone telepathy.

Rupert Sheldrake, whose research is funded by the respected Trinity College, Cambridge, said on Tuesday he had conducted experiments that proved that such precognition existed for telephone calls and even e-mails.
Each person in the trials was asked to give researchers names and phone numbers of four relatives or friends. These were then called at random and told to ring the subject who had to identify the caller before answering the phone.
"The hit rate was 45 percent, well above the 25 percent you would have expected," he told the annual meeting of the British Association for the Advancement of Science. "The odds against this being a chance effect are 1,000 billion to one."

He said he found the same result with people being asked to name one of four people sending them an e-mail before it had landed.
However, his sample was small on both trials -- just 63 people for the controlled telephone experiment and 50 for the email -- and only four subjects were actually filmed in the phone study and five in the email, prompting some scepticism.

Undeterred, Sheldrake -- who believes in the interconnectedness of all minds within a social grouping -- said that he was extending his experiments to see if the phenomenon also worked for mobile phone text messages.

Werbung:
I do think that there is much berth for science to break from its physicalist roots and to constructively examine these kinds of phenomenons as I do believe they are an inherent part of us. The whole "prescient" and "sixth sense" etc. which is fraught with ovely-exclusive semantic and anti-mystic detractors that hides something real that could even be a part of our empirical existence, or nestled somewhere in the psychological or psycho-cognitive domains.

Personally I've experienced a very high number of such events, and regularly with people whom I'm particularly close to will think about them shortly before they either ring, come online, or run into them. Related to this kind of prescience or precognition is a prime example- I have a habit of springing out of the tram when it pulls into a stop, because the law states that traffic sharing the road has to stop behind the tram. Today I peeked my head out for the first time instead because I figured that a car would probably hurtle through. Other people started walking out and had I not suddenly held my arm out and shouted "stop!" about three people would have been collected by a blue Holden hurtling past at a good 40mph (I concluded the driver was a tourist who had no awareness of that particular law).

I refer to this as some kind of "intuition" because I really don't know what else to call it, since it is not formally studied as of yet. I've noticed several features of this "intuition" which I tentatively claim are a result of my own atypical mental history, but to say any more than this now would be purely speculation.

There have been similar attempts at such studies as the one cited above...but they have been generally limited in import due to various experimental flaws.

Back