Ted Stevens found GUILTY

Popeye

Sarah Palin's good friend Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens has been found guilty on all seven counts of making false statements. Not only is this bad news for Palin but it's great news for Democrats in their efforts to pick up Stevens' senate seat.

Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens has been convicted of lying about free home renovations and other gifts he received from a wealthy oil contractor.
The Senate’s longest-serving Republican, Stevens was found guilty on all seven counts of making false statements on Senate financial documents.
The verdict throws the upcoming election into disarray. Stevens is fighting off a challenge from Democrat Mark Begich and must now either drop out or continue campaigning as a convicted felon.
The trial hinged on the testimony of Stevens’ longtime friend, who testified that his employees dramatically remodeled the senator’s home.
Stevens faces up to five years in prison on each count but, under federal sentencing guidelines, will likely receive much less prison time, if any.

http://www.wjbf.com/jbf/news/state_regional/article/alert_sen_ted_stevens_found_guilty/8017/

Werbung:
Worse than the whitey hater Rev???

Sure.

It's laughable how you can stake claim to something as small as not claiming gifts given, but ignore bombers, hatemongers and marxist!

Why don't you mention those?

Can you imagine what the mass media would do if they found out Palin had a friend who was a terrorist???

Good... If he is guilty then I'm glad he was found guilty. Good riddence.

We don't need corruption in the Republican party, there is more than enough of that on the Democrat side. Only difference being, we toss our guilty people under the bus while the Democrats give their guilty people standing ovations, pay raises, and higher positions of authority.

Worse than the whitey hater Rev???

Sure.

It's laughable how you can stake claim to something as small as not claiming gifts given, but ignore bombers, hatemongers and marxist!

Why don't you mention those?

Can you imagine what the mass media would do if they found out Palin had a friend who was a terrorist???

You sound mighty testy...wouldn't have anything to with the verdict now would it?

Face it, this is not good news for the GOP or McCain/Palin.. the verdict will be the day’s dominant political story...this will cost McCain one of the last news cycles he has available to change the narrative and tighten the race. The verdict could also lead the media to talk about other stories of alleged Alaskan Republican political corruption like Palin with troopergate.

Come to think of it...no wonder you're upset.....

P, you are young aren't you? Are you out of your teens?

Be truthful.

I could personally care less about the guy. Don't know him. Never met this Senator. Also, I don't back anyone who cheats.

BTW, I'm usually testy. Get used to it.

P, you are young aren't you? Are you out of your teens?

Be truthful.

I could personally care less about the guy. Don't know him. Never met this Senator. Also, I don't back anyone who cheats.

BTW, I'm usually testy. Get used to it.

That's your response? Hey, you'll fit right in with the majority of the right wingers on this board..all talk, very little substance.

That's all there is sugarplum. Don't know him. Don't care.

What about the questions I've asked you.

Still waiting for those answers... Are you gonna weannie out?

That's your response? Hey, you'll fit right in with the majority of the right wingers on this board..all talk, very little substance.

Still waiting for your "substance" to appear.... Where are you in all the threads that actually talk about issues? You complain, endlessly, that us "Right-Wingers" never want to talk about them... yet you don't bother discussing them with us when we do. Must be waiting for the talking points to come out so that you can take a position.

As an Alaskan, who has supported Uncle Ted in the past and met him personally on numerous occassions...I am ashamed.

As an Alaskan, who has supported Uncle Ted in the past and met him personally on numerous occassions...I am ashamed.

ashamed he was found guilty or ashamed he was not honest.

I hope you are glad he is going to pay for his crime.

I did not follow the trial so I dont know if they just hated him or if he really did something wrong. If he did something wrong then I am glad he is gone.

Sarah Palin's good friend Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens has been found guilty on all seven counts of making false statements. Not only is this bad news for Palin but it's great news for Democrats in their efforts to pick up Stevens' senate seat.

Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, said, "The verdict shines a light on the corrupting influence of the big oil service company that was allowed to control too much of our state. It was part of the culture of corruption I was elected to fight. And that fight must always move forward regardless of party or seniority or even past service."

I'm no fan of Palin, but, try to keep it honest.

Werbung:
ashamed he was found guilty or ashamed he was not honest.
Ashamed at the current state of Alaska politics, and the justice system.
I hope you are glad he is going to pay for his crime.
Pay what? I highly doubt Ted will be spending two nights in prison.
Firstly, I would be surprised not to see a pardon issued, or at least any prison term be commuted by Bush. All Presidents make thier last minute pardons, look for Stevens to be one of his.
I did not follow the trial so I dont know if they just hated him or if he really did something wrong. If he did something wrong then I am glad he is gone.
Well I will say this about Ted Stevens. The man has been a very productive Legislator for a long time. He is deeply respected by Alaskans despite the conviction, myself included. I dont wish the man ill, but I wont be supporting him at the polls this time around as I have in the past.

Back