teachers: why they abuse thier power

I can name two.

US History and Algebra.

Of course, the history textbooks are full of lies, and thus are useless.

Algebra as taught in school is only nessacary for engineers/scientists, and how many students become those? A tiny amount. The other applications for algebra can be solved by common sense.

Werbung:
You are correct, I never was.
didnt you say you taught english? Or are you being sarcastic?

after all that yelling about how much better you are than children, I am suprised.

That is strange. I have looked in encyclopedias and dictionaries and have not found that definition. Until I find it, I intend on keeping my intellect naked.
To understand the term, you need to know what "moral nakedness" means.
Leave now then...they cannot keep you there. Fly away, be free. Do not waste your great gift. In the mean time, Compter applications, and Machine Shop. Whoops! That was two. But never have been a student or a teacher I cannot count.

Machine shop is not taught in my school. Few people are in situations were they need computer apps. And I intent to stay in school so that I can become a college proffesor.

reading
mathematics
history
science
writing

So, you're probably a pretty good reader and writer now.

Math? Well, you can only understand the world to the degree you can understand math.

Come to think of it, the same is true of reading, as it involves sorting fact from opinion, fact from fiction, and drawing conclusions.

Those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.

And, no one knows it all at age 16. Well, I might have, but that was over 50 years ago, so there wasn't as much to know back then.:D

Only basic math skills are needed for everyday life.

Reading class makes us hate reading. reading should be a randomly occuring passtime.

History class in any government-run institution is a tool for propaganda, so more or less useless to the students. If it were different, I would agree with you.

How many people grow up to be scientists?

Writing is only useful 30% of the class, the rest is just "write your fealings", and it bothers me.

Re: teachers: why they abuse their power

I had good teachers and bad, but some abused their power. I had teachers who made an example for me for reasons of their own, and I was a good student. Dante has good points, but so does Hermit. The answer is not so simple. On the other hand, experiences in life have led me to believe that we should listen to Marxists a bit more often.

Only basic math skills are needed for everyday life.

Reading class makes us hate reading. reading should be a randomly occuring passtime.

History class in any government-run institution is a tool for propaganda, so more or less useless to the students. If it were different, I would agree with you.

How many people grow up to be scientists?

Writing is only useful 30% of the class, the rest is just "write your fealings", and it bothers me.

I got a Bachelor's Degree in math. Never used much of it, since I worked in computers for all of my working life. Beautiful logical thinking, though. I love Math still.

didnt you say you taught english? Or are you being sarcastic?
No and yes.

after all that yelling about how much better you are than children, I am suprised.
Have not "yelled". All is in lower case.

To understand the term, you need to know what "moral nakedness" means.
My point being, there is not commonly used term, "intellectual naked". You made it up.

Machine shop is not taught in my school. Few people are in situations were they need computer apps. And I intent to stay in school so that I can become a college proffesor.
Almost everyone in todays society need computer apps. You will find that out when/if you get to college. Many, many papers will be required. Not only will many papers have to be written, but they will have to follow the correct form (Chicago Style, etc.), so you will have to use a word processor to format the documents or, you will encounter the dreaded: "Unacceptable", red stamp on your efforts. Hand written is no longer an option in most if not all colleges. Which means you must know how to produce word process documents. Also, advanced degrees usually require a thesis for a master's and a dissertation for doctorate. Many of those require the manipulation of data which usually involve spread sheets/charts, data base/charts, plus word processing. Again, computer applications. I have seen employees in a shop use spread sheets to follow inventory. Police use data bases and computers to search records of felons. Teachers use computer applications to maintain their records, grade students, etc.
Like I said, almost everyone needs computer applications if only to create a resume. In your case you could benefit from a word processor that contains a spelling checker...or at least search on: "ieSpell" and download it.
Also, in your response to another post, it is not true that you will never need advanced math skills. If you go for a master's degree (usually that is the lowest degree for a college instructor) and you have to do a master's thesis (as I had to do with statistical research), you will have to evaluate the data using statistical measures of data, in the very minimum, Phearson Product Moment Correlation (Phearson rho). 3 guzz in ta 9 equals 3 is not enough.
Why am I wasting my time here. (rhetorical, not a question).

Or you could just ditch all of that college and grad school stuff and join the legions of happy people out chopping cotton and picking grapes. None of them have any need for advanced mathematics, computer apps, or even spelling. Most of them have wasted little time sitting in class.

In fact, come to think of it, I've done enough of that kind of work to know that school is a paradise in comparison. Maybe you should drop out now, join the farmworkers for a while, and learn for yourself.

After all, not every valuable lesson is learned in a classroom.

Or you could just ditch all of that college and grad school stuff and join the legions of happy people out chopping cotton and picking grapes. None of them have any need for advanced mathematics, computer apps, or even spelling. Most of them have wasted little time sitting in class.

In fact, come to think of it, I've done enough of that kind of work to know that school is a paradise in comparison. Maybe you should drop out now, join the farmworkers for a while, and learn for yourself.

I agree. I did not go to collage until late in life (over 40 when I graduated with a B.S.). I found the working world to be very unpleasant and under-paid. I did not do very well in High School but excelled in collage because it was actually easier than the jobs I had held. Most jobs without a college degree of trade school training are dead-end and lead to hopelessness.
As Mae West said: "I have been rich and I have been poor...rich is better."

No and yes.
meaning?

Have not "yelled". All is in lower case.
"all this typing" sounds worse.

My point being, there is not commonly used term, "intellectual naked". You made it up.
I heard the phrase "moral nakedness", and assumed that "intellectual nakedness" was a word because of that.

Almost everyone in todays society need computer apps. You will find that out when/if you get to college. Many, many papers will be required. Not only will many papers have to be written, but they will have to follow the correct form (Chicago Style, etc.), so you will have to use a word processor to format the documents or, you will encounter the dreaded: "Unacceptable", red stamp on your efforts. Hand written is no longer an option in most if not all colleges. Which means you must know how to produce word process documents. Also, advanced degrees usually require a thesis for a master's and a dissertation for doctorate. Many of those require the manipulation of data which usually involve spread sheets/charts, data base/charts, plus word processing. Again, computer applications. I have seen employees in a shop use spread sheets to follow inventory. Police use data bases and computers to search records of felons. Teachers use computer applications to maintain their records, grade students, etc.
Like I said, almost everyone needs computer applications if only to create a resume. In your case you could benefit from a word processor that contains a spelling checker...or at least search on: "ieSpell" and download it.
So really, you just need basic typing skills and the ability to hit a "download" button. Exactly my point.
Also, in your response to another post, it is not true that you will never need advanced math skills. If you go for a master's degree (usually that is the lowest degree for a college instructor) and you have to do a master's thesis (as I had to do with statistical research), you will have to evaluate the data using statistical measures of data, in the very minimum, Phearson Product Moment Correlation (Phearson rho). 3 guzz in ta 9 equals 3 is not enough.
A graph. Anyone can make one off the top of thier head.

You have not listened to a word Ive said, have you? I am saying that the only real use of school is to bombard children into submission. And a farm is not the only alternative to school.

meaning?

"all this typing" sounds worse.

I heard the phrase "moral nakedness", and assumed that "intellectual nakedness" was a word because of that.

So really, you just need basic typing skills and the ability to hit a "download" button. Exactly my point.

A graph. Anyone can make one off the top of thier head.
As with most children you do not have the frame of reference (yet), to understand what is required to be successful. Trying to educate you is an exercise in frustration. In the end, you will get out of life what you deserve. The likelihood of you becoming a collage instructor is about as likely to happen as chicken droppings becoming chicken salad.

As with most children you do not have the frame of reference (yet), to understand what is required to be successful. Trying to educate you is an exercise in frustration. In the end, you will get out of life what you deserve. The likelihood of you becoming a collage instructor is about as likely to happen as chicken droppings becoming chicken salad.

So, you have absolutely no argument and thus must resort to bigotry? Suit yourself. But remember, next time I dont take you seriously, at least you will know why. As you go through life whining about how much you hate children and being unable to back up your views, compare yourself to children and look for a difference. I doubt you will find one. Almost every adult I talk to ends up turning into a gigantic toddler once I dare to dissagree with them, so I am not singling you out.

Werbung:
Teachers abuse thier power because the principal, schoolboard, parents, and government are very restrictive towards them, and abuse thier power. Thus, teachers feel powerless and angry and take it out on the students. Sometimes the teacher is to blame, but almost always it is the fault of higher-ranking officials.

Who should we blame for the thread title? teachers: why they abuse thier power

thier??? really?

Back