Tea Party scores big Mark Sanford wins special election for Congress

steveox

The former governor and Democrat Elizabeth Colbert Busch squared off in a special election for Congress.

WASHINGTON — Disgraced ex-South Carolina governor Mark Sanford won his bid for redemption on Tuesday night, defeating Democrat Elizabeth Colbert Busch for his old seat in Congress.
Sanford, a Republican who admitted an extramarital affair in 2009, was ready to quit politics for good if he was not victorious in South Carolina's 1st Congressional District. He will replace Republican Tim Scott, who was appointed to the Senate.

The former governor — once a rising GOP star considered presidential material — was an early favorite in the Republican district, which Mitt Romney carried by 18 percentage points in the 2012 election. But the revelation that Sanford's ex-wife, Jenny, accused the candidate of trespassing at her home caused the National Republican Congressional Committee to withdraw its support in mid-April and gave Colbert Busch an opening.

At his victory party, Sanford thanked the "angels" he met during the campaign and spoke of learning about "human grace" as reflected through a higher power. "I just want to acknowledge a God not just of second chances, but of third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth chances ... because that's the reality of our shared humanity," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sch-congress-election-south-carolina/2140591/

All this is what The Boston Bombing did. Voters are starting to realize that Obama cant protect you unlike George Bush did. And Benghazi scandal is starting to add up. Like i said its bad news for Democrats!

Werbung:
Why do you say that?
The TEA Party was not "involved" in the election of Mark Sanford but, they did endorse him and so did Rand Paul.

I guess I have old fashioned ideas about marriage. Not particularly fond of people who cheat on their spouses, then publically profess their love for their new lovers, hummiliating his wife and children. Sanford also admitted that he is a serial adulterer.

I guess I have old fashioned ideas about marriage. Not particularly fond of people who cheat on their spouses, then publically profess their love for their new lovers, hummiliating his wife and children. Sanford also admitted that he is a serial adulterer.
I agree with you on this one...Kinda like Bill, who was the most powerful man in the world but could not keep his zipper up..

The sad part is, people look at this as just part of life...

That's life huh?.....is it too much to ask that our leadership have a moral core and an ability to live up to their responsibilities and commitments? I'm not judging people who have bad marriages or even saying they should stay in a bad marriage. But there is a right way and wrong way to handle yourself when you have the "peoples trust" and in my book, once that trust is broken, you can't put it back together.

That's life huh?.....is it too much to ask that our leadership have a moral core and an ability to live up to their responsibilities and commitments? I'm not judging people who have bad marriages or even saying they should stay in a bad marriage. But there is a right way and wrong way to handle yourself when you have the "peoples trust" and in my book, once that trust is broken, you can't put it back together.
Bottom Line ... If you can't keep your own house in order how CAN I TRUST YOU TO WATCH OVER MINE???

Werbung:
on a side note, I heard the other day that some smallish % of people thought pols represented "the best and the brightest" nowadays. I had to chuckle because Im old enough to recall that people believed that once upon a time. had not thought of that in years. cant believe anyone could think that now.

maybe its time to update an old adage

those who can, do. those who cant, teach. those too stupid, go into politics.

(no offense plc, I didnt make the original up)

Back