Syria: they're using chemical weapons...

Obama and the British Prime Minister Cameron are trying to get both sides in Syria to negotiated a peace treaty. This is all they can do.

If that's what they are doing then they are even more clueless about Muslims than I thought.

Werbung:
Given our economic and military power, as a country we are able to shape global events. To deny that is to deny reality. That aside, the claim that the "world hates you all" is also not accurate.

What I will do is protect American interests. That is minding my business.

This is not even relavent to the topic at hand...

Actually it is a love hate relationship. They love us when we give them money and provide them military protection. They hate us when we undermine their governments covertly or overtly and give huge corporations (who own our politicians) special favors in their markets.

A few years back some in South Korea were demanding the US military leave their nation. When Rumsfeld said okay, we will leave, they quickly changed their cowardly minds. So we continue to keep American forces there guaranteeing our involvement in a foreign war that we have no interest in, while protecting a nation fully capable of protecting itself...while it kicks our ass in trade.

And regarding American interests, can you please explain what you mean by that and try to give specific real life examples of American interests that young Americans must die for in a foreign war???

Maybe my Neocon friends here can explain why this is necessary to 'protect American interests.'

U.S. Currently Fighting 74 Different Wars … That It Will Publicly Admit

by George WashingtonWashington's Blog

And Many More Covert Wars Without Congressional Oversight … Let Alone Public Knowledge

Fire Dog Lake’s Kevin Gosztola notes:
Linda J. Bilmes and Michael D. Intriligator, ask in a recent paper, “How many wars is the US fighting today?”
Today US military operations are involved in scores of countries across all the five continents. The US military is the world’s largest landlord, with significant military facilities in nations around the world, and with a significant presence inBahrain, Djibouti,Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Kyrgyzstan, in addition to long-established bases in Germany, Japan, South Korea, Italy, and the UK. Some of these are vast, such as the Al Udeid Air Force Base in Qatar, the forward headquarters of the United States Central Command, which has recently been expanded to accommodate up to 10,000 troops and 120 aircraft.
Citing a page at US Central Command’s (CENTCOM) website, they highlight the “areas of responsibility” publicly listed:
The US Central Command (CENTCOM) is active in 20 countries across the Middle Eastern region, and is actively ramping-up military training, counterterrorism programs, logistical support, and funding to the military in various nations. At this point, the US has some kind of military presence inAfghanistan, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, U.A.E., Uzbekistan, and Yemen.
US Africa Command (AFRICOM), according to the paper, “supports military-to-military relationships with 54 African nations.”
[Gosztola points out that the U.S. military is also conducting operations of one kind or another in Syrian, Jordan, South Sudan, Kosovo, Libya, Yemen, the Congo, Uganda, Mali, Niger and other countries.]
Altogether, that makes 74 nations where the US is fighting or “helping” some force in some proxy struggle that has been deemed beneficial by the nation’s masters of war.

With all these scandals piling up on BO, it is very likely he will now start ANOTHER war, to get the American people and his media to forget his tyrannical domestic actions. Watch for his media to manufacture a case for intervening in Syria. Or maybe he will gin up some other foreign crisis (with the media's help), that demands the American people's immediate attention.

Its been done before and it worked before. Hopefully it won't work this time.

I don't see Obama starting a war. He's got enough on his hands fighting his real enemy, the Constitution.

I agree Texas , Obama has enough problems in his own country. Why should he intervene in the Middle east. All that has resulted from American intervention in the Middle East has been extremist governments. Sometimes when face with two evils if is better not to intervene. Should we support the Sunni opposition who believes in eating dead soldier's heart because the other side is also evil. Sometimes neutrality is Honorable.

I agree Texas , Obama has enough problems in his own country. Why should he intervene in the Middle east. All that has resulted from American intervention in the Middle East has been extremist governments. Sometimes when face with two evils if is better not to intervene. Should we support the Sunni opposition who believes in eating dead soldier's heart because the other side is also evil. Sometimes neutrality is Honorable.
Well, I may agree that America should not intervene in Islamic BS as far as their barbaric tactics, However, when these extremist want and will acquire nuclear weapons ... that is another matter! We should absolutely intervene because their extremism will affect the rest of us!

These are sick people living in a sick culture .... that is OK in my opinion but, when they acquire the capability to affect us all they need to be put down like this sick animals that they are!

Makes sense to me...

You?

As scandals deepen, Obama, his party, and Republicans will militarily intervene in Syria

By MIKE | Published: MAY 19, 2013
As three administration-wrecking scandals — Benghazi, the IRS, and the AP phone records — continue to unfold, it will become increasingly clear that President Obama is: (a) stupid; (b) unable to control his felonious subordinates; or (c) a liar and a trimmer. And as this clarity evolves, Obama will engineer a U.S.-NATO military intervention in Syria. This week Obama told the press his administration has fairly solid evidence that chemical weapons were used by Damascus against al-Qaeda and its allies. Obama also said he still wants more and better evidence that Asaad used the weapons. This long has been his standard line.
But then, before closing his remarks, Obama lapsed into his patented weeping-for-humanity mode, saying in an almost off-hand manner enough thousands of Syrians had been killed in the civil war to justify intervention by that American-killing and nation-bankrupting fiction of our bipartisan governing elite’s imagination, the “U.S.-led International Community.” In other words, our beleaguered president already is looking to distract Americans from his administration’s rampant felonies, and what better way to quiet the hounds of just retribution than by consigning U.S. soldiers and Marines to death in a useless intervention in Syria, a place where no genuine U.S. national interest is at stake. One straw in the wind: Friday’s news brought word of Obama’s talking-points-changing, intelligence-leaking lickspittle of a CIA Director, John Brennan, sneaking into Israel to “discuss Syria.”
Odds are that we are going to see the same old story: Obama will intervene militarily in Syria, get Americans worried about the safety of their soldier-children, stoke their patriotism and fierce support for the troops, and — voila — the Obama-butt-kissing media will refocus the victims of the Obama-ites’ domestic felonies on an unnecessary war in the Levant.
http://non-intervention.com/

What I will do is protect American interests. That is minding my business.

Sure...yeah...with other people's blood. Easy for you to say...

I am still waiting for you to define "American Interests" that require young Americans to die and kill in foreign lands.

Gipper. I would also like to know what are American interests. If Iran made one Nuclear bomb would this be a threat to US arsenal of nuclear weapons.

Gipper. I would also like to know what are American interests. If Iran made one Nuclear bomb would this be a threat to US arsenal of nuclear weapons.

I do not believe a nation governed by a radical Islamic Theology like Iran, will make just ONE nuclear bomb...would any nation make just one? But it is not a threat to America no matter how many they make. It certainly is a threat to Israel...so they must deal with it.

Ironic Aside: Many American leftists greatly FEAR a Christian theologically lead nation (in fact, some think the Bush years were it), but an Islamic one does not scare them. Just another example of their psychosis.

you ask about american interests then inexplicably shift to arsenal.

what are you asking about ?

Gipper, It is estimated it would take Iran two years to make one Nuclear weapon. Therefore it would be many years before it had an arenel even the size of Israel. It is estimated that Israel has at least 100 nuclear weapons. Unlike Iran it has outside help.

Therefore I do not see Iran at present a threat to either the USA or Israel. It could make the Middle East even more unstable and this would be a danger to the stus quo. Israel could continue to exist but more hatred than ever and less secure. It may not suit American plans either but I am not sure this is a reason for war.
Dogtower I am just saying Iran using one Nuclear weapon is no threat to the Americans who have thousands of such weapons

Werbung:
Gipper, It is estimated it would take Iran two years to make one Nuclear weapon. Therefore it would be many years before it had an arenel even the size of Israel. It is estimated that Israel has at least 100 nuclear weapons. Unlike Iran it has outside help.

Therefore I do not see Iran at present a threat to either the USA or Israel. It could make the Middle East even more unstable and this would be a danger to the stus quo. Israel could continue to exist but more hatred than ever and less secure. It may not suit American plans either but I am not sure this is a reason for war.
Dogtower I am just saying Iran using one Nuclear weapon is no threat to the Americans who have thousands of such weapons

one nuclear strike is rather devestating if where you are is ground zero whether or not there are other ground zeros. numbers do not cancel things out.

also you seem to forget that we have mutual defense treaties with many countries, yours included. so if some one attacks them, they attack us. strength in numbers as it were.

oh and there are estimates that they may already have the nuclear material. trying to guess the hour is a fools game.

I get that you're a peacenik and all but its blinding to basic realities.

Back