Syria: they're using chemical weapons...

How do you propose to change the hearts and minds of fifteen hundred years of Tribalism and Islamic Jihad? I think we have already proven what we can do if we are attacked. I do think we had a chance in Iraq. We took down the entire government. The problem for us was not putting everything we had into it, to build it from the bottom up. We would have also needed to stay at least one full generation, if not two, to uproot the elements that are keeping it from going forward democratically on it's own.

We can't even uproot the evil that's going on in this country.

We also managed to turn a major player in state sponsored terror into a state more tha happy to play ball with a quite literally a handful of bomb strikes that projected strength in a very real and devastating way on this guy's family (thanks to the skill and bravery of Army Special Operations "lighting" the tent targets).

large_Moammar_Gadhafi.JPG

It doesnt require Norman Schwarzkopf's heavy Calvary to make states straighten up and fly right. Make tthe riht thing easy and the wrong thing hard. If need be, VERY hard. Having half your family vaporized is hard but its what he undersood. And Reagan knew it.

Werbung:
We also managed to turn a major player in state sponsored terror into a state more tha happy to play ball with a quite literally a handful of bomb strikes that projected strength in a very real and devastating way on this guy's family (thanks to the skill and bravery of Army Special Operations "lighting" the tent targets).

large_Moammar_Gadhafi.JPG

It doesnt require Norman Schwarzkopf's heavy Calvary to make states straighten up and fly right. Make tthe riht thing easy and the wrong thing hard. If need be, VERY hard. Having half your family vaporized is hard but its what he undersood. And Reagan knew it.

Reagan did nothing...Obama showed him. I am shocked you are pretending to support those actions now...I know you love your arab dictators.

Reagan got us involved in two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as small wars in South America based on false information. This time Obama should wait to he gets the facts right before intervention in Syria.,

We crossed this line when we established a "red line". You don't think Iran, North Korea, Russia, China are watching how we respond now very closely? Do you think Iran is going to take any "red line" seriously that we establish in regards to their nuclear program if we ignore our own red lines because we don't have the stomach to stick to them? If that is the case -- don't establish the red line to begin with.

Their are two options available to us. A world that is lead by the United States, or a world in which the United States is a follower. Which is it that we would prefer? The Boston bombing, and other terror attacks, are but a blip on the radar compared to what a nuclear armed Iran will mean for the Middle East. They are blip on the radar in regards to a rising China, or a Russia that is reasserting itself. These things matter, and sticking our head in the sand and ignoring it doesn't make it go away -- it just makes it worse. There is no retreating to our borders at this point -- that ship sailed decades ago.

The President is not a fool. I keep hearing this narrative, but the simple fact is he is a brilliant campaigner, who has put our party on the defensive for years and easily won reelection in a horrible economic environment.

As for compounding mistakes in Syria -- it depends on what "intervention" we do. No one says we have to follow the Iraq model -- but the simple fact is that our own intelligence (and others) believe Assad used these weapons on a small scale. I know the White House is terrified of an Iraq type mistake on this, but at some point you have to accept that the intelligence (however flawed) is all you have, and you have to make a decision. There are many other options available to "intervene" without a large presence.

If it is as you claim (which I don't believe it is), then it is of the utmost importance to regain credibility -- by doing what we say we are going to do. Credibility is the most important thing in international relations.

I can't find anything in your post in which I agree.

If credibility is the most important thing in international relations, then it is apparent the US has very little. You would go to war over credibility....that is a bunch of BS...young men die and kill for your stupid credibility. Most Neocon of you.

I could care less what the Syrians do to each other...or any other nation for that matter. It is none of our business and intervening does not good. I would think you would have learned that by now...after decades of Neocon/Progressive FAILED foreign interventions.

Regarding the nations you mentioned, where have you been these past few years? Our dumb-ass politicians have been threatening all those nations repeatedly. Have our threats done any good? Of course not, because we have no credibility.

Regarding BO not being foolish because he has been successful against the brain dead Rs, do you want to restate that?:ROFLMAO: He is a fool, just as all the Neocon and progressive Rs are.

The only effective option for America is NONINTERVENTION. That would be true leadership and it stops people from killing and dying.

Reagan did nothing...Obama showed him. I am shocked you are pretending to support those actions now...I know you love your arab dictators.

Moammar surrendered weapons, sold terrorists down the river and generally played nice for many years till the US went wobbly. And when BO came around he was back to his old ways. Arabia will always have dictators, the people expect it, even demand it thanks to being muslims.

Reagan got us involved in two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as small wars in South America based on false information.
So now we fought wars in Iraq and Afghanistan under the Reagan Administration?
Wow .... I am not sure how to respond to that level of ignorance.

This time Obama should wait to he gets the facts right before intervention in Syria.,
Obama already has the proof that Syria is using Chemical weapons. He doesn't need "more" proof. He will not wage war against his muslim brothers.

Low information types .... Go Figure!

Lawmakers demand 'action' in Syria after intel confirms chemical weapons use

So now we fought wars in Iraq and Afghanistan under the Reagan Administration?
Wow .... I am not sure how to respond to that level of ignorance.

easy big fella he didnt say fought but involved and you do recall we helped the mujahadeen in Afghanistan. and I can vouch for at least one Army guy who fought there (unofficially of course). and we had a little something to do with Iran/Iraq as well as some Israeali activities aimed at putting the kibosh on weapons development.

Obama already has the proof that Syria is using Chemical weapons. He doesn't need "more" proof. He will not wage war against his muslim brothers.

Low information types .... Go Figure!

Lawmakers demand 'action' in Syria after intel confirms chemical weapons use

he certainly cant afford to get into it with hundreds of thousands of new wards of the state each month to feed.

more of his chickens coming home to roost. (chicken not an accidental choice of words.)

easy big fella he didnt say fought but involved and you do recall we helped the mujahadeen in Afghanistan. and I can vouch for at least one Army guy who fought there (unofficially of course). and we had a little something to do with Iran/Iraq as well as some Israeali activities aimed at putting the kibosh on weapons development.

Arming the mujahadeen was part of the cold war efforts which were successful. I understand an unintentional factor was to give power to Bin Laden. However, that IS NOT exactly what Aus is saying here.

He is a typical wacko liberal passivise. Reagan was very successful with his foreign policies, despite what the wacko left has instruct Aus to parrot!

he certainly cant afford to get into it with hundreds of thousands of new wards of the state each month to feed.

more of his chickens coming home to roost. (chicken not an accidental choice of words.)

This may be true but Obama himself is the one who proclaimed chemical weapons would be the "red line" not to be crossed. Now, it appears Obama is once again going to prove himself to be a liar, a man of no action and to support the muslims ..... even as they use chemical weapons against their own people.

Arming the mujahadeen was part of the cold war efforts which were successful. I understand an unintentional factor was to give power to Bin Laden. However, that IS NOT exactly what Aus is saying here.

He is a typical wacko liberal passivise. Reagan was very successful with his foreign policies, despite what the wacko left has instruct Aus to parrot!

This may be true but Obama himself is the one who proclaimed chemical weapons would be the "red line" not to be crossed. Now, it appears Obama is once again going to prove himself to be a liar, a man of no action and to support the muslims ..... even as they use chemical weapons against their own people.

he drew the line and as he always does, wants to walk back foolish actions.

I expect him to quibble further. It will blow up in his face when the free press start publishing evidence of what he pretends to be questionable. he will look foolish to the rest of the world as he always does, our state media will squash as the always do and the average Joe wont care.

what a world we find ourselves in...

Reagan sent 2000 to 2500 missiles to Pakistan to be sent to Afghanistan during the USSR war with Afghanistan. Allow extremist to kill moderates resulting in the American hostages in Iran some of which were killed. CIA supported the contras. The USA even gave aid to Iran to get the hostage released. They supported Iran in the Iran-Iraq war All theses strengthen leaders which they later declared enemies

Reagan sent 2000 to 2500 missiles to Pakistan to be sent to Afghanistan during the USSR war with Afghanistan. Allow extremist to kill moderates resulting in the American hostages in Iran some of which were killed. CIA supported the contras. The USA even gave aid to Iran to get the hostage released. They supported Iran in the Iran-Iraq war All theses strengthen leaders which they later declared enemies

I seem to recall that it was Regan's election that pursuaded Iran to release the hostages taken while the weak Carter was in the Oval office.

As you cannot always choose which factions will be vieing for power in a country you opt to support the lesser of two evils.

We were happy to allow USSR to bleed money in their hopless war with Afghanistan. If we can extend USSR's misery with a little help here and there it was money well spent. Do you feel that the demise of the USSR was good or bad for the world (including the Land Down Under) ?

Wait a minute .... the Iran Hostage crisis happened during Carter's administration .... not Reagan's ....

Dude, you are so confused ....

edited for content

Moammar surrendered weapons, sold terrorists down the river and generally played nice for many years till the US went wobbly. And when BO came around he was back to his old ways. Arabia will always have dictators, the people expect it, even demand it thanks to being muslims.

no dumb fuck republicans in America demand it...the people are dying in the streets to end it. Love your dictators and pretend you care about freedom. Also wobbly...pretty wobbly...he helped kill his worthless ass. A killer of Americans and a terrorist is dead where Ronny no nuts failed.

Dogtower and Texas, I never said the hostages were taken under Reagan just that he made a deal with Iran to release the hostages. This included selling Hawk missiles for their war with Iraq.I am happy with the demise of the Soviet Union. It had more to do with Gorbachev than Reagan

Werbung:
no dumb fuck republicans in America demand it...the people are dying in the streets to end it. Love your dictators and pretend you care about freedom. Also wobbly...pretty wobbly...he helped kill his worthless ass. A killer of Americans and a terrorist is dead where Ronny no nuts failed.

Seems to me Republicans have fought for more Muslim lives than Democrats. But that aside, look what Obama left in Kadaffi's place.....al Qaeda. You and Obama should be proud, and the next Republican will probably have to go back to Libya and clean up that mess.

Back