Supernatural World

Jason76

Many claim there is no supernatural world. However, some theologians have given strong reasons for why one might exist. In thier view, the supernatural, whether angels or demons, play with the imagination, therefore, helping one either do good or evil.

Werbung:
Interesting theory here, I have to say that I do believe this to a certain degree. I think that we are guided in different directions by spirits. Some of it is to do good, this one I firmly believe takes place. As for doing bad well, some people will use the excuse when they do something terrible that the Devil made them do it, so who knows maybe this one is true as well. Either that or these people are looking for a convenient little excuse, either of which could be true.

To prove that demons exist and whether or not they influence people's thoughts can't be proved, at least not by scientists. They believe that without sufficient evidence to prove that something actually influences people then it definitely doesn't exist.

And many people believe the scientists are right . . . until they encounter the supernatural themselves.

While people should question the existence of the supernatural, they should be open to it's possible existence. That way in case something that's way out of the ordinary happens they could try to investigate it objectively and draw their own conclusions. But few people are willing to think for themselves these days and that's probably the reason why we have so many people questioning the existence of the supernatural. They are taught in schools that it [the supernatural] doesn't exist after all.

Many claim there is no supernatural world. However, some theologians have given strong reasons for why one might exist. In thier view, the supernatural, whether angels or demons, play with the imagination, therefore, helping one either do good or evil.

You mean that the fear of the supernatural is what keeps theists in line while non-theists just do good for the sake of goodness.

Perhaps the atheists have a better system as their jail statistics are quite good compared to the U.S., a so called Christian nation.

You should also view the many psychological reports that show how supernatural belief in God, Satan and hell has detrimentally effected many.

I have many links showing this damage if you cannot find any.

Regards
DL

Interesting theory here, I have to say that I do believe this to a certain degree. I think that we are guided in different directions by spirits. Some of it is to do good, this one I firmly believe takes place. As for doing bad well, some people will use the excuse when they do something terrible that the Devil made them do it, so who knows maybe this one is true as well. Either that or these people are looking for a convenient little excuse, either of which could be true.

The latest science.

Regards
DL

To prove that demons exist and whether or not they influence people's thoughts can't be proved, at least not by scientists. They believe that without sufficient evidence to prove that something actually influences people then it definitely doesn't exist.

And many people believe the scientists are right . . . until they encounter the supernatural themselves.

While people should question the existence of the supernatural, they should be open to it's possible existence. That way in case something that's way out of the ordinary happens they could try to investigate it objectively and draw their own conclusions. But few people are willing to think for themselves these days and that's probably the reason why we have so many people questioning the existence of the supernatural. They are taught in schools that it [the supernatural] doesn't exist after all.

People are open to questioning whatever they find evidence for or experience as a part of their reality.

To be as open as believers and believe the supernatural without experience or evidence of any kind, is to let their gullibility and intelligence be hijacked by idiocy.

Regards
DL

You mean that the fear of the supernatural is what keeps theists in line while non-theists just do good for the sake of goodness.

Christianity isn't concerned with people doing good. It's only concerned if people are doing what God wants. Of course, plenty of good athiests and agnostics are out there.

Perhaps the atheists have a better system as their jail statistics are quite good compared to the U.S., a so called Christian nation.

Some people claim the USA is Christian nation. I don't believe that statement. Sure, lots of people claim to be Christian, but they don't follow the Bible. They do what they want. In other cases, people claim to be Christian, but they are very weak. Of course, nobody's perfect, but some people are terrible Christians. Note that in other types of service, like the military, such weakness would get you fired.:mad:

People are open to questioning whatever they find evidence for or experience as a part of their reality.

To be as open as believers and believe the supernatural without experience or evidence of any kind, is to let their gullibility and intelligence be hijacked by idiocy.

Regards
DL
Don't people take some scientific theories on faith?

I doubt that's any different from someone believing in the Supernatural because they believe someone else's account of a spiritual experience.

The belief that something is true doesn't necessarily make it so. And that would be true to a number of scientific theories which almost everyone believes to true. I'll give the big bang theory as an example.

Are those who believe such theories gullible?

Anyway, I believe that anyone who seeks out to learn more about the Supernatural will find it. Christians for example have faith that once they they are no longer slaves to desires of the flesh and other vices, they'll be able to experience the Supernatural like the Saints of yore. Maybe if more people tried to be pious we wouldn't have to question the supernatural's existence.

Christianity isn't concerned with people doing good. It's only concerned if people are doing what God wants. Of course, plenty of good athiests and agnostics are out there.

Some people claim the USA is Christian nation. I don't believe that statement. Sure, lots of people claim to be Christian, but they don't follow the Bible. They do what they want. In other cases, people claim to be Christian, but they are very weak. Of course, nobody's perfect, but some people are terrible Christians. Note that in other types of service, like the military, such weakness would get you fired.:mad:

Strange that you separate what God would want from what is good.

But I agree that Christians mostly are not good Christians and do not believe as they say they do.

I would say that that same thing applies to all religions.

People are following culture and tradition and their daddies and grand daddies Gods. They inherit them. They do not choose them.

Perhaps that is why they make such poor religionists.

Regards
DL

Don't people take some scientific theories on faith?

I doubt that's any different from someone believing in the Supernatural because they believe someone else's account of a spiritual experience.

The belief that something is true doesn't necessarily make it so. And that would be true to a number of scientific theories which almost everyone believes to true. I'll give the big bang theory as an example.

Are those who believe such theories gullible?

Anyway, I believe that anyone who seeks out to learn more about the Supernatural will find it. Christians for example have faith that once they they are no longer slaves to desires of the flesh and other vices, they'll be able to experience the Supernatural like the Saints of yore. Maybe if more people tried to be pious we wouldn't have to question the supernatural's existence.

Hard to say but to have faith without facts is for fools and children.

Put away the things of children is how your own bible says it.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason with God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

Supernatural world ? Dont know if I characterize it that way as it suggests that stuff beyond iur understanding is somewhere else. Can easily be in our world just in a different way.

Supernatural world ? Dont know if I characterize it that way as it suggests that stuff beyond iur understanding is somewhere else. Can easily be in our world just in a different way.

Unseen but natural. The sub-atomic world. A world without though or sentience. Or did you have something else in mind and what is it?

Get specific.

Regards
DL

Unseen but natural. The sub-atomic world. A world without though or sentience. Or did you have something else in mind and what is it?

There could be some weird explanation from physics. As many know, physics has discovered parallel universes, dark matter etc, so why couldn't they discover the supernatural? Definitely something weird is going on sometimes, and it's more than some mental illness or drug induced mirage.

There could be some weird explanation from physics. As many know, physics has discovered parallel universes, dark matter etc, so why couldn't they discover the supernatural? Definitely something weird is going on sometimes, and it's more than some mental illness or drug induced mirage.

Weird goings on like what?

You should also know that science has yet to confirm parallel universes or dark matter. The math shows that they should be there but they have not been confirmed or seen.

If they cannot prove what they have the math for it is doubtful that they will prove a supernatural that they do not have math for and are not even seeking.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Weird goings on like what?

You should also know that science has yet to confirm parallel universes or dark matter. The math shows that they should be there but they have not been confirmed or seen.

If they cannot prove what they have the math for it is doubtful that they will prove a supernatural that they do not have math for and are not even seeking.

Regards
DL

Nothing is really as it seems. :confused: We can't really disprove the supernatural world, because we can't even claim all that we see is real. :cautious: For instance, a lot of what we see is dark matter. Perhaps, most of what we see is only a small amount of what is really there. Lately, physics has shown my statements to be true.

Back