Stimulus Plan - Fair Tax

This is from the fairtax.org website.

"The FairTax is regressive and shifts the tax burden onto lower and middle income people"

The truth: The FairTax actually eliminates and reimburses all federal taxes for those below the poverty line. This is accomplished through the universal prebate and by eliminating the highly regressive FICA payroll tax. Today, low and moderate income Americans pay far more in FICA taxes than income taxes. Those spending at twice the poverty level pay a FairTax of only 11.5 percent -- a rate much lower than the income and payroll tax burden they bear today. Meanwhile, the wealthy pay the 23 percent retail sales tax on their retail purchases.

Werbung:
You cannot get away from the fact that ity places the burden of tax on the poorer and is best for the rich.

And we already live in a world where the rich make thr ules for the rich.

This would make it even more inequitable.

Can't you see that?

To paraphrase Dick Cheney: "So WHAT?"

Now, get-back-in-line (the way you're used-to...you know, for National Security reasons), before you get accused of hating-the-Troops.​

So the fact it won't work, or do anything it says, doesn't matter because you post a lame quote from Dick Cheney, who comes across much more intelligent, saying "so what?"

I'm not nearly as much in favor of a consumption tax, as much as I would like to be. Why? Because I don't trust these jokers. Especially with the idiots who are voting now adays, you never know what lame "hope and change" idiot might make it into office. Can we trust them?

Here's what my cyincal side says... We'll push for a fair tax, and suddenly, after it's enacted, they'll put an income tax right back in place. Why?

Because that's what's happened in the Europe when they enacted fair tax. Now they have BOTH a consumption tax and an income tax. And what do we here all the time from the idiot left? Well Europe does it!

So, no, I'm not in favor of a fair tax. Let's go for a flat tax first. Then maybe we can nullify the amendment that allowed for an income tax to begin with. Then we can look at a consumption tax after the income tax is unconstitutional. Of course that assume up in Washington care about that old document anymore.

What I see is that you are for punishing the people who succeed. That's all I see. That is wrong. Why in the heck would anyone keep on trying to succeed if they get punished for it.

There is nothing more fair than you pay on what you consume. If you don't want to pay, don't consume. (Not including the essentials).

What about all of the money that is not coming into the economy because of those that don't pay their fair share. Criminals and illegal immigrants. That means the producers pay even more. What is to keep us producing, hell in a few years, we'll be as poor as the poorest.

Punishing people who succeed???

Are you for real???

And how did those people get to succeed in most cases?

By being lucky.

The luck of being born into the right circumstances.

A fair tax system has to take account of this luck and even the playing field a little.

And before you come back with the nonesense about hard work and all that crap you might want to think how well you would have turned out if you were born to an HIV positive single mother in Africa.

I'm not nearly as much in favor of a consumption tax, as much as I would like to be. Why? Because I don't trust these jokers. Especially with the idiots who are voting now adays, you never know what lame "hope and change" idiot might make it into office. Can we trust them?

Here's what my cyincal side says... We'll push for a fair tax, and suddenly, after it's enacted, they'll put an income tax right back in place. Why?

Because that's what's happened in the Europe when they enacted fair tax. Now they have BOTH a consumption tax and an income tax. And what do we here all the time from the idiot left? Well Europe does it!

So, no, I'm not in favor of a fair tax. Let's go for a flat tax first. Then maybe we can nullify the amendment that allowed for an income tax to begin with. Then we can look at a consumption tax after the income tax is unconstitutional. Of course that assume up in Washington care about that old document anymore.
Sign me up. I'm on board.

I guess the people of Europe don't like having cancer sufferers dying for want of treatment they can't afford.

You are good christians.

Vicious, selfish and out of touch with reality

Werbung:
Punishing people who succeed???

Are you for real???

And how did those people get to succeed in most cases?

By being lucky.

The luck of being born into the right circumstances.

A fair tax system has to take account of this luck and even the playing field a little.

And before you come back with the nonesense about hard work and all that crap you might want to think how well you would have turned out if you were born to an HIV positive single mother in Africa.
So in your eyes, the only way is to sock it the guy who succeeds? That's the only answer. Let them bend over grab their ankles and get it hard? Do you really think our current tax system is fair and just?

Some are lucky, some are not. Most work very hard for their success. Some work at their un-success.

The government needs the un-successful people or they would lose their ego and their power over them.

I think Americans are very generous. They give until it hurts to all the charities. The government, however, is not a charity organization. They are respsonsible for all the people in the U.S. and not only the misfortunate.

Back