Stem cells nurture damaged spine: study

Werbung:
And yet in practice they are not treated as such. I sort of doubt that most folks are even aware of how long this debate has been raging:

Like I said, we have a long and illustrious history of miscarriages of the law. This one is just the most heinous to date.

This is not research resulting from embryonic stem cells steve. Nothing is ever going to be developed from embryonic stem cells that can cure you. If there is a cure out there for you as a result of stem cells, it lies in adult, or cord blood stem cells.

Actually, on that point you can't possibly know. You are arguing that just because it hasn't been yet - it never will.

The law is given authority by the people who institute them and agree to live according to them.

Our history is rife with miscarriages of the law. In this case the "law" doesn't say that abortion is legal. A judgement in a court case says it is legal. I doubt that this argument would exist (in this form anyway) if there were actual law written and legislated by the representatives of the people that made abortion legal rather than a decision passed by 9 unelected, unaccountable judges.

I don't know. The problem with relying on "representatives of the people" to determine the constitutionality of laws is the very real problem of tyranny of majority. Having the Supreme Court make such decisions is one fo the checks and balances - whether or not you agree with that decision. I'll admit - the right to privacy argument was confusing to me as well. I would have argued it with one of the other rights...I think. But I am not an expert.

Personally - I would rather entrust 9 unelected judges who are accountable to no political side but rather to the Constitution. Mob rule is frightening.

Werbung:
Back