Stand off in Nevada

Texas_tea

Showdown on the range: Nevada rancher, feds face off over cattle grazing rights

Is anyone following this story? It certainly seems that this is going to end badly.

The US Government is out of control. Militia's are now arriving on scene.

Militias head to Nevada rancher’s standoff with feds: We’re not ‘afraid to shoot’

The Federal Government has no right nor jurisdiction to take this man's cattle, the way I am to understand it. Now, it appears the truth is coming out about what the Feds real interest is in Mr. Bundy's ranch.

Breaking: Sen. Harry Reid Behind BLM Land Grab of Bundy Ranch

Werbung:
I understand he doesnt like that they changed the rules on grazing but you cant continue to avail yourself of something you dont own and not oay up. He lost valudity by paying up prior to 93. Its just a money thing.

I understand he doesnt like that they changed the rules on grazing but you cant continue to avail yourself of something you dont own and not oay up. He lost valudity by paying up prior to 93. Its just a money thing.
That land belongs to the people of the US. Not a tyrannical government seeking money or to do away with he and his families ranch to put up a solar farm.

And, if it's just a money thing why are they stealing his cattle under some 200 federally armed agents?

That land belongs to the people of the US. Not a tyrannical government seeking money or to do away with he and his families ranch to put up a solar farm.

And, if it's just a money thing why are they stealing his cattle under some 200 federally armed agents?
Because he chose not to pay grazing fees. Think of it as garnshing his wages. If its my land being American how can I enjoy it if his cattle are all over ? He was fine paying for this valuable access to grazing fodder and then he wasn't. Anything else is smoke and mirrors he gas no argument.

Because he chose not to pay grazing fees. Think of it as garnshing his wages.
When did "garnishing wages" include taking your property (his cattle) under 200 heavily armed federal agents?

If its my land being American how can I enjoy it if his cattle are all over ?
How is cattle grazing on this land for the last nearly century and a half preventing anyone from "enjoying" this land?

He was fine paying for this valuable access to grazing fodder and then he wasn't.
I have not read this. I was to understand he has always refused to pay this recent tax.

Anything else is smoke and mirrors he gas no argument.
The smoke and mirrors is that Harry Reid's son who is an attorney is representing a Chinese company with a 6 billion dollar contract that includes 9000 acres in southern Nevada and Mr. Bundy's ranch just happens to be in the middle of it!

It's easy to confuse the protest ...

The rancher is willing, and has continued, to pay grazing fees to both Clark County and the state of Nevada. However, he refuses to pay grazing fees to the federal government.

Over 85% of Nevada is owned, or controlled, by the federal government. They have systematically squeezed ranchers out. In this particular case, the land was seized from a private rancher because it is a 'protected area' for a particular type of tortoise. Of course, they had no problem redrawing the protect area borders, at the insistence of Sen. Harry Reid, to support a commercial development on the west side.

Then, when you couple this with the Chinese company trying to squeeze the rancher out, and being represented by the Reid family, things start to look a little more interesting.

Unquestionably, the rancher has broken the law, but he, and his supporters, are using this incident to protest in favor of states' rights, and the massive land grab by the federal government. As of March 2012, the federal government owned/controlled:
  • More than 900,000 separate real assets covering more than 3 billion sq. ft.
  • Mineral rights, on and offshore, covering 2.515 billion acres of land, more than the total surface land in Canada
  • 45,190 underutilized buildings, the operating costs of which are $1.66 billion annually
  • Oil and gas resources on and offshore worth $128 trillion, roughly eight times the national debt of the country
You DO have to ask yourself why the federal government needs all that land, and why they don't divest 15% of it and pay off the national debt.

It's easy to confuse the protest ...

The rancher is willing, and has continued, to pay grazing fees to both Clark County and the state of Nevada. However, he refuses to pay grazing fees to the federal government.

Over 85% of Nevada is owned, or controlled, by the federal government. They have systematically squeezed ranchers out. In this particular case, the land was seized from a private rancher because it is a 'protected area' for a particular type of tortoise. Of course, they had no problem redrawing the protect area borders, at the insistence of Sen. Harry Reid, to support a commercial development on the west side.

Then, when you couple this with the Chinese company trying to squeeze the rancher out, and being represented by the Reid family, things start to look a little more interesting.

Unquestionably, the rancher has broken the law, but he, and his supporters, are using this incident to protest in favor of states' rights, and the massive land grab by the federal government. As of March 2012, the federal government owned/controlled:
  • More than 900,000 separate real assets covering more than 3 billion sq. ft.
  • Mineral rights, on and offshore, covering 2.515 billion acres of land, more than the total surface land in Canada
  • 45,190 underutilized buildings, the operating costs of which are $1.66 billion annually
  • Oil and gas resources on and offshore worth $128 trillion, roughly eight times the national debt of the country
You DO have to ask yourself why the federal government needs all that land, and why they don't divest 15% of it and pay off the national debt.
The bigger question here is the conflict of interest between Harry Reid's solar farm deal and the Bundy's land.

Is the Bundy Ranch situation the first test of military against citizens ? BIG GOVERNMENT IS DANGEROUS!!!!!

Asset seizure to recover debt is nothing new. Its federal property and if you want to use it for commrrcial purposes its going to cost you. This is not complicated.

Asset seizure to recover debt is nothing new. Its federal property and if you want to use it for commrrcial purposes its going to cost you. This is not complicated.

They've done the same thing to 52 other ranchers, putting several out of business.

There is a lot more to this story than Bundy and the grazing fees.

The excuse for the government moving in, in the first place, was the turtle. The turtles are NOT endangered, they are euthanizing them up near Vegas. The turtles have also lived with grazing cattle for decades. Reid has property where he had the BLM relocate some of the turtles on his property so it could be rezoned for development.

California has been going through this crap for decades because of the enviro-wackos and the government. The gov't has destroyed the livelihoods of hundreds if not thousands of farmers over the stupid bait fish in the delta, but have no problem frying the turtles with solar panels.

They've done the same thing to 52 other ranchers, putting several out of business.

There is a lot more to this story than Bundy and the grazing fees.

The excuse for the government moving in, in the first place, was the turtle. The turtles are NOT endangered, they are euthanizing them up near Vegas. The turtles have also lived with grazing cattle for decades. Reid has property where he had the BLM relocate some of the turtles on his property so it could be rezoned for development.

California has been going through this crap for decades because of the enviro-wackos and the government. The gov't has destroyed the livelihoods of hundreds if not thousands of farmers over the stupid bait fish in the delta, but have no problem frying the turtles with solar panels.
When you chose to not pay the fees you make everything else moot. I dont doubt that there are shenannigans afoot but if you do something foolish like this guy has done you shoot off any leg you might have had to stand on.

When you chose to not pay the fees you make everything else moot. I dont doubt that there are shenannigans afoot but if you do something foolish like this guy has done you shoot off any leg you might have had to stand on.

Unfortunately, it takes something like this get the attention of the people. Look what the Feds did to Gibson guitar. The more attention to the ever growing police state we live in the better.

And like I said earlier, this has little to do with the turtles or Bundy's grazing fees, it goes much deeper.

And why in the hell does the government own state land anyway?

Werbung:
Unfortunately, it takes something like this get the attention of the people. Look what the Feds did to Gibson guitar. The more attention to the ever growing police state we live in the better.

And like I said earlier, this has little to do with the turtles or Bundy's grazing fees, it goes much deeper.

And why in the hell does the government own state land anyway?
because its not state land

Back