Specter last month: "I'll never switch parties, we need checks, balances too much"

Little-Acorn

Just a month ago, Specter was swearing up and down he'd never switch parties. He cited high principles, concern for his country, etc.

That was then. Today, he announced he would switch parties.

I wonder what happened that made him suddenly change his mind?

This, maybe? http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2009/04/poll-specter-far-behind-toomey.html

-----------------------------------------

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/04/28/specter-had-disavowed-a-switch/

Specter had disavowed a switch
April 28, 2009 @ 12:28 pm by Eric Zimmermann

News of Sen. Arlen Specter's party switch today comes after months of strong statements to the contrary by the Pennsylvania Senator.

In a March 17th interview with The Hill, Specter said he absolutely would not switch parties:

[Democrats] are trying very hard for the 60th vote. Got to give them credit for trying. But the answer is no.

I'm not going to discuss private talks I had with other people who may or may not be considered influential. But since those three people are in the public domain, I think it is appropriative to respond to those questions.

I am staying a Republican because I think I have an important role, a more important role, to play there. The United States very desperately needs a two-party system. That's the basis of politics in America. I'm afraid we are becoming a one-party system, with Republicans becoming just a regional party with so little representation of the northeast or in the middle atlantic. I think as a governmental matter, it is very important to have a check and balance. That's a very important principle in the operation of our government. In the constitution on Separation of powers.

Werbung:
Re: Specter last month: "I'll never switch parties, we need checks, balances too much

Last month he was not behind in a primary against a nobody

Now that he knows republicans don't want him, he will try
A run with the party he was in the closet for all these years.

Let's hope Olympia Snow follows him

Re: Specter last month: "I'll never switch parties, we need checks, balances too much

Last month he was not behind in a primary against a nobody

Now that he knows republicans don't want him, he will try
A run with the party he was in the closet for all these years.

Let's hope Olympia Snow follows him
Don't hold-your-breath............​

Werbung:

But it's great that he did switch... more good can get done quicker.

This is what happens when the old Republican Party just couldn't handle loosing again and decided to become the new OBSTRUCTIONIST PARTY!

This was bound to happen. The Republican Party is now a complete embarrassment to itself and is in total disarray. They're either cannibalizing each other... not running for re-election... or leaving the Party all together.

Back