soldier (soldiers ?) kill 16 afgans

I was listening to a vet who recently returned from Afghanistan on the radio this P.M. He used to be in the House of Reps. According to him, this war isn't working out so well. Apparently, because of the warlord culture and all the rivalry between the different tribes, they are having a hard time getting the people to unite to form a cohesive force to combat the Taliban, let alone nationalize or have any loyalty behind one government. The other thing he said about the Taliban fighters he incounters, is that they are less about fighting for Allah, than they are about the money they get from the drug trade, similar to the drug cartels we have across the border.

I was also reading about the Taliban. They are a violent radical group that overthrew the Afghan Govt. in '96. So they had only been in power for about 5 yrs. when we went in. A lot of Afghans fled to the borders of Iran to get away from them. They deliberately starved about 200k Afghans, by not letting food supplies get to them. Not to mention how brutal they were to the people. That's when Al Queda set up shop there.

I think our objective there is just to keep some kind of presence that will distrupt the more radical elements from becoming a haven for terrorists like al Qaeda. I don't think we have the manpower or the political will to attempt to change the culture. Looks like it will forever be nothing more than a tribal 4th century piece of God forsaken land.

Werbung:
Does that mean you don't agree with Alias?

I will accept your illogical response as meaning you have no evidence to back an absurd and bigoted anti-American opinion. Why would you post something so inflammatory?

Do you fail to see the irony? You think you are so tolerant of others, yet you condemn Americans for thinking Afghanis dumb, less human, and of less worth all based on nothing but your FEELINGS.

If you will apologize for your bigoted uninformed statement, I will accept it on behalf of the American people.

I was listening to a vet who recently returned from Afghanistan on the radio this P.M. He used to be in the House of Reps. According to him, this war isn't working out so well. Apparently, because of the warlord culture and all the rivalry between the different tribes, they are having a hard time getting the people to unite to form a cohesive force to combat the Taliban, let alone nationalize or have any loyalty behind one government. The other thing he said about the Taliban fighters he incounters, is that they are less about fighting for Allah, than they are about the money they get from the drug trade, similar to the drug cartels we have across the border.

I was also reading about the Taliban. They are a violent radical group that overthrew the Afghan Govt. in '96. So they had only been in power for about 5 yrs. when we went in. A lot of Afghans fled to the borders of Iran to get away from them. They deliberately starved about 200k Afghans, by not letting food supplies get to them. Not to mention how brutal they were to the people. That's when Al Queda set up shop there.

I think our objective there is just to keep some kind of presence that will distrupt the more radical elements from becoming a haven for terrorists like al Qaeda. I don't think we have the manpower or the political will to attempt to change the culture. Looks like it will forever be nothing more than a tribal 4th century piece of God forsaken land.

We need to get out most of our manpower and equipment now. There is no point in continuing the absurdity.

Keeping a small strike force with a few drones to knock down the bad guys when necessary, is all that is needed. Bush pretty much left Afghan this way, but BO expanded our presence leading to the problems we see now. If Bush did what BO has done, the stinking left media and leftists everywhere would be going berserk, but since BO is a commie...alls well.

I will accept your illogical response as meaning you have no evidence to back an absurd and bigoted anti-American opinion. Why would you post something so inflammatory?

Do you fail to see the irony? You think you are so tolerant of others, yet you condemn Americans for thinking Afghanis dumb, less human, and of less worth all based on nothing but your FEELINGS.

If you will apologize for your bigoted uninformed statement, I will accept it on behalf of the American people.

It wasn't me who called the Afganis "the poor dumb things", I just observed that an attitude had been expressed that I think is held by more than a few Americans. I've also noticed that we count the cost of our foreign wars in American deaths, not in those of the nations where we're fighting, and have been doing so at least since Vietnam. Did I condemn anyone for holding that view? No, I merely made an observation, that's all.

It wasn't me who called the Afganis "the poor dumb things", I just observed that an attitude had been expressed that I think is held by more than a few Americans. I've also noticed that we count the cost of our foreign wars in American deaths, not in those of the nations where we're fighting, and have been doing so at least since Vietnam. Did I condemn anyone for holding that view? No, I merely made an observation, that's all.

Wrong...wrong...wrong!!!

You stated Americans think Afghanis are less human and of less worth than Americans. This is a far cry from "poor dumb things."

Now do you apologize or not?

Wrong...wrong...wrong!!!

You stated Americans think Afghanis are less human and of less worth than Americans. This is a far cry from "poor dumb things."

Now do you apologize or not?
I'm sorry you don't understand what I've been trying to say.

Do you believe we think of our own soldiers as "poor dumb things"?

Do you understand what I've been saying about us counting the cost of war in terms of American casualties only?
Actually, I think Alias' statement was pretty representative of the thinking of a lot of us: The value of an Afgani, Iraqi, or Vietnamese, life is less than that of an American life. If you have a different opinion, let's see some facts to support your point of view. I've given you some to support mine already.

Do you for one moment think that "collateral damage" would be acceptable were it to be on American soil?

I'm sorry you don't understand what I've been trying to say.

Do you believe we think of our own soldiers as "poor dumb things"?

Do you understand what I've been saying about us counting the cost of war in terms of American casualties only?
Actually, I think Alias' statement was pretty representative of the thinking of a lot of us: The value of an Afgani, Iraqi, or Vietnamese, life is less than that of an American life. If you have a different opinion, let's see some facts to support your point of view. I've given you some to support mine already.

Do you for one moment think that "collateral damage" would be acceptable were it to be on American soil?

Why must you always TRY to change the subject?

You made an ignorant and inflammatory statement. You condemned Americans based on your FEELINGS and nothing else. You are wrong to condemn Americans based on your bigoted FEELINGS.

Now again, do you apologize or not?

Prince Ali Seraj, the head of the National Coalition for Dialogue with the Tribes of Afghanistan, told CNN. They can withstand collateral damage. They can withstand night raids. But murder is something that they totally abhor, and when that happens, they really want justice.

Really? The Taliban and other Afghans abhor murder? But not honor killings, rape, torture, beheadings, ritual disfigurements, beatings, and whippings, all prescribed or sanctioned by the Koran? All a matter of everyday practice in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Syria, Libya…well, you know the map. ABC opined:
Gen. John Allen, visited troops at a base that was attacked last month and urged them not to give in to the impulse for revenge.

General Allen ought to caution the troops on revenge – but, revenge on whom? Revenge on the politically-correct officer corps that instructs the troops not to fight back, not to show disrespect for the Afghans and their brutal and primitive culture, not to feel resentment for being a mere sitting-ducks “police force” to contain an enemy the policymakers dare not name, not to resent being guinea pigs in an altruistic war to bring “stability” to a part of the world that has never known it and never will?

And, oh, gee, we mustn’t do anything that will unleash another wave of anti-American hatred and murderous anger, like exterminate the Taliban, withhold financial and material aid to a corrupt government, or urinate on Taliban fighters, or even so much as sketch a cartoon of Mohammad in a Koran. No, we, the policymakers and the MSM, will only focus and dwell on American actions, and not Afghan crime, for after all, if we weren’t there, there wouldn’t be any Afghan crime.

Right. Before the Americans arrived, Afghanistan was the playground of the rich and famous, with immaculate beaches, five-star hotels, a friendly and outgoing populace, health spas, ski resorts, and crime statistics so low they put the Amish country to shame.

What are our goals? What is our strategy? We’re told, endlessly, that things are improving in Afghanistan, yet, ten years ago, a U.S. Army general, unarmed, could walk the streets of Kabul without risk. Today, there is no city in Afghanistan where a U.S. general could stroll the streets. We may not have a genius for war, but we sure do have a genius for kidding ourselves.

And the moral code that allows us to kid ourselves is: Altruism. After all, altruism can do no harm. It cannot be corrupted. It cannot corrupt.

Altruism took us to Iraq and Afghanistan, and altruism will be the death of us there (and of more U.S. troops). Purists claim that you can't corrupt altruism, that only good can emanate from it. But, there you are. Mr. Peters identifies with justifiable anger just how that can be and has been done. He puts his finger on the cause of such crimes by excoriating the policies that have governed the conduct of American operations in Afghanistan.

Is it really better to give than to receive? Altruism says so. But all the U.S. has received in return for expending American lives and incalculable wealth in that hellhole is hatred, scorn, and death.

The alleged attack on Afghans by an American soldier in Kandahar, where 91 soldiers have been murdered last year alone, is already receiving the full outrage treatment. Any outrage over the deaths of those 91 soldiers in the province will be completely absent.

There will be no mention of how many of them died because the Obama Administration decided that the lives of Afghan civilians counted for more than the lives of soldiers. No talk of what it is like to walk past houses with gunmen dressed in civilian clothing inside and if you are fired at from those houses, your orders are to retreat.

No, no POTUS, no MSM anchor or pundit, no Charlie Rose or “Washington Week” host will raise those issues. After all, self-sacrifice demands that our soldiers expose themselves to the whim and malice of their enemies. Isn’t that what soldiering is all about? So, please, don’t bore our liberal/left elite with such stories.

Air strikes are for days gone by. The American soldier in the ISAF is expected to patrol and retreat, to smile and reach out to Afghans while they shoot him in the back. After risking his life to hold back the Taliban, he is expected to take it calmly when his government announces that it is trying to cut a deal with the Taliban. As he waits out the final months until withdrawal, seeing his friends lose their limbs and their lives, knowing that the enemy has won, that he has been betrayed and is being kept senselessly on the front line for no objective except the diplomatic position of a government that hates him, that is taking away his health care, his equipment and his job; how does he feel?

Why must you always TRY to change the subject?

You made an ignorant and inflammatory statement. You condemned Americans based on your FEELINGS and nothing else. You are wrong to condemn Americans based on your bigoted FEELINGS.

Now again, do you apologize or not?
I made no ignorant and inflammatory statement. I made an observation. Can you show that the observation I made was wrong?

I made no ignorant and inflammatory statement. I made an observation. Can you show that the observation I made was wrong?

Claiming Americans think Afghanis are dumb, have less worth, AND are less human is MOST CERTAINLY INFLAMMATORY AND BIGOTED. I AM OFFENDED AS SHOULD ALL AMERICANS!!!

YOU BEING A LIB, SHOULD KNOW NOT TO OFFEND.

YOU MADE THE BIGOTED STATEMENT, NOW BACK IT UP OR APOLOGIZE.

You apparently have no problem offending SOME Americans, but would never dream of offending ANY MINORITY, RACE, LEFTIST COMMIE ANTI-AMERICAN GROUP, ETC.....

Claiming Americans think Afghanis are dumb, have less worth, AND are less human is MOST CERTAINLY INFLAMMATORY AND BIGOTED. I AM OFFENDED AS SHOULD ALL AMERICANS!!!

YOU BEING A LIB, SHOULD KNOW NOT TO OFFEND.

YOU MADE THE BIGOTED STATEMENT, NOW BACK IT UP OR APOLOGIZE.

You apparently have no problem offending SOME Americans, but would never dream of offending ANY MINORITY, RACE, LEFTIST COMMIE ANTI-AMERICAN GROUP, ETC.....

I did back it up. You're the one who hasn't backed up your stated opinion.

Well look at Pakistan for example. When they attack our troops no responce or remose from them. But when we attack their troops they scream and protest and condem us at the UN. I say if they can play those games with US we play the same games they do to us. And get this,,, Bin Laden was never handed over to American authorities and Abu Nidal was never handed over to American authorities. So That soldier stays with us.
FAIR IS FAIR! If Arabic nations dont turn over their terrorist to U.S why should we turn over our bad soldiers to them. Amd Germany never turned over terrorist who hijacked the TWA back in 85

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20051221/news_1n21hijacker.html

When the U.S.A.F pilot intercepted the Terrorist Achille Lauro group on plane from they forced them to land in Itaily. The Italian government refused to hand them over to U.S Government. So if they can play that game so can we. So Why should we cooperate? They never cooperated with US!!

1) If I wanted them out strongly enough I might convince myself that the means to get them out justified killing a few families to pin on the enemy.

2) Or maybe it never happened but the US admin is colluding with the Afgans to force a withdrawal.

If the soldier commits suicide while in custody and we end up getting out then that is support for #2. If the Afghans try to force us to leave but the US succeeds in resisting then that is support for #1. If the soldier is tried with a confession and evidence but ends up being let go in two years then that is support for the story as told.

Do you think the shooter wanted out enough to do this or someone above him set him up to it to make sure we get out sooner?

Well look at Pakistan for example. When they attack our troops no responce or remose from them. But when we attack their troops they scream and protest and condem us at the UN. I say if they can play those games with US we play the same games they do to us. And get this,,, Bin Laden was never handed over to American authorities and Abu Nidal was never handed over to American authorities. So That soldier stays with us.
FAIR IS FAIR! If Arabic nations dont turn over their terrorist to U.S why should we turn over our bad soldiers to them. Amd Germany never turned over terrorist who hijacked the TWA back in 85

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20051221/news_1n21hijacker.html

When the U.S.A.F pilot intercepted the Terrorist Achille Lauro group on plane from they forced them to land in Itaily. The Italian government refused to hand them over to U.S Government. So if they can play that game so can we. So Why should we cooperate? They never cooperated with US!!

Oh, of course. They treat us like dirt, so we treat them the same way. Sounds perfectly logical.

Unless, of course, we're serious about trying to spread democracy, and bring peace to the area, but no, that can't be can it?

Werbung:
I did back it up. You're the one who hasn't backed up your stated opinion.

You backed up nothing and to think you did, proves how delusional you are.

You condemned Rush for his nasty comments about the lib law student. Here is you...

Gosh, maybe calling women sluts and prostitutes, referring to feminists as "feminazis", and asking to watch a woman have sex is seen as something less than gentlemanly?

Maybe even a little less than manly? https://www.houseofpolitics.com/threads/five-minutes-of-dead-ad-free-air-on-rush-today.14927/

Yet...now you make absurd bigoted accusations against Americans based on nothing but your lib FEELINGS and refuse to apologize. Rush apologized. He has so much more class than you.

Your lib buddy Pockets stated inflammatory and bigoted statements TOO ....about Southerns. You libs are so predictable.

I guess it is true. Libs never say they are sorry for their HYPOCRISY.

Back