soldier (soldiers ?) kill 16 afgans

dogtowner

Staff member
why does this seem so difficult to believe ?

it actually seemed plausible when iy was a lone killer. n ow that its a pack of them not so much.
one guy could go nuts and do something as reckless and foolhardy as this but a pack of them ? sounds like someone got some knockoff uniforms to me to help feed the fire of the fading quran thing.

Western forces shot dead 16 civilians including nine children in southern Kandahar province on Sunday, Afghan officials said, in a rampage that witnesses said was carried out by American soldiers who were laughing and appeared drunk.

One Afghan father who said his children were killed in the shooting spree accused soldiers of later burning the bodies.

Witnesses told Reuters they saw a group of U.S. soldiers arrive at their village in Kandahar's Panjwayi district at around 2 am, enter homes and open fire.

Werbung:
why does this seem so difficult to believe ?

it actually seemed plausible when iy was a lone killer. n ow that its a pack of them not so much.
one guy could go nuts and do something as reckless and foolhardy as this but a pack of them ? sounds like someone got some knockoff uniforms to me to help feed the fire of the fading quran thing.
I think you will find the gunman was an American soldier. If the USA wants to stay in Afghanistan this man will have to be charged and put on trial.

I think you will find the gunman was an American soldier. If the USA wants to stay in Afghanistan this man will have to be charged and put on trial.

I see the official story is back to one person. He'll be court martialed and shipped home to serve time. Taliban will remain crabby.

I see the official story is back to one person. He'll be court martialed and shipped home to serve time. Taliban will remain crabby.
Surely more than an American court martial is necessary. He must be tried in public court with some Afghanistan involvement. Perhaps as an additional judge or observer.

Surely more than an American court martial is necessary. He must be tried in public court with some Afghanistan involvement. Perhaps as an additional judge or observer.

doesn't work that way mate. never has, never will. if BO tries to allow that... well lets just say he knows better.

doesn't work that way mate. never has, never will. if BO tries to allow that... well lets just say he knows better.
It the trial does not have some Afghanistan involvement I doubt if we stop the protests. Also it might lead to more countries withdrawing early. Canada and Holland have already left , Australia is being pressure to name a date when we leave.

It the trial does not have some Afghanistan involvement I doubt if we stop the protests. Also it might lead to more countries withdrawing early. Canada and Holland have already left , Australia is being pressure to name a date when we leave.

so you're suggesting this was an end game driver for BO so he can get his mitts on that money too ?
nah, just a guy gone bonkers but you may never leave a soldier in the hands of other authority.

The Afghans don't want us to leave - especially the women. Our soldiers have been working with and helping the people for over 10 years. They know what the score is with our soldiers, and what it means for some wack job to go over the edge. Namely the radical Taliban. Don't believe everything you see in the news.

This Sgt that killed these people went rogue, he was on his fourth deployment and had a serious head injury when he was in Iraq. He was also involved in security - he probably lost it when his own men were murdered over the stupid Koran thing. We don't know the whole story, and our government does a terrible job getting out the positives of our involvement there.

The Afghans don't want us to leave - especially the women. Our soldiers have been working with and helping the people for over 10 years. They know what the score is with our soldiers, and what it means for some wack job to go over the edge. Namely the radical Taliban. Don't believe everything you see in the news.

This Sgt that killed these people went rogue, he was on his fourth deployment and had a serious head injury when he was in Iraq. He was also involved in security - he probably lost it when his own men were murdered over the stupid Koran thing. We don't know the whole story, and our government does a terrible job getting out the positives of our involvement there.
This is the Key question. Do the majority of Aghans want us to stay. If they don't and that includes the elected government what are we doing there?

The story is so hard to belive whether it is one soldier or many. I saw it on the news and I really was wondering if the story were not faked.

P.s. does any one know when folding tin foil is it better to use regular or heavy guage?

The story is so hard to belive whether it is one soldier or many. I saw it on the news and I really was wondering if the story were not faked.

P.s. does any one know when folding tin foil is it better to use regular or heavy guage?

kind of depends on what you are using the foil for. the thickness makes virtually no difference as a barrier or temp conductor. If its a matter of rigidity to contain some content well you kind of need to judge that for yourself.

Here's more about the story:

Hundreds of students in the south and east of Afghanistan gathered for peaceful protests to mourn the murder of the villagers and demonstrate against American forces in their country. Meanwhile, an Afghan delegation that included two of President Hamid Karzai’s brothers and other high-profile officials came under attack during a visit to the site of the murders. None of the delegates were harmed, but at least one Afghan soldier was reported killed.
The attack comes as little surprise, as the Taliban vowed to revenge the “inhumane crime” allegedly committed by the rogue US soldier, but for many observers who’ve been anticipating a violent public response, the peaceful demonstrations represent an unexpected outcome.

Right now, it appears that a staff sargent went on a killing spree. Why remains unknown.

Now, put the shoe on the other foot: A foreign army has entered the US and shows no sign of leaving. There is a group of violent extremists (Taliban) who want to take over the government, so that army isn't totally unwelcome, but is still a foreign occupier. One of the soldiers goes nuts and kills a bunch of civilians, including children.

What would your reaction be?

Here's more about the story:

Right now, it appears that a staff sargent went on a killing spree. Why remains unknown.

Now, put the shoe on the other foot: A foreign army has entered the US and shows no sign of leaving. There is a group of violent extremists (Taliban) who want to take over the government, so that army isn't totally unwelcome, but is still a foreign occupier. One of the soldiers goes nuts and kills a bunch of civilians, including children.

What would your reaction be?

well if I'd been of a people who have lived under the oppressive rule they have enjoyed forever, I guess I'd be unhappy about it but not surprised. And if the Taliban were paying me to be all allah akbar about it I'd take the money.

Werbung:
Back