So one website needs tweaks - so what?

Dr.Who

94 percent of large federal information technology projects over the past 10 years were unsuccessful — more than half were delayed, over budget, or didn’t meet user expectations, and 41.4 percent failed completely.
For example, Sam.gov, a system for government contractors developed by I.B.M. that started in 2012, has cost taxpayers $181 million and is just now beginning to work as expected. Before that, a new version of USAJobs.gov landed with a thud, after years during which millions were spent. In 2001, the F.B.I. started a virtual case file system, and after dumping the project, renaming it, and finding new vendors to build it, the project, “Sentinel,” managed to see the light of day just last year.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/25/opinion/getting-to-the-bottom-of-healthcaregovs-flop.html?_r=0

The problems with healthcare.gov are systemic problems in the gov not just problems with a website.

And the kicker is that the source for that is the NY times.

Werbung:
Its no secret that government it projects are money pits anddont work. Bidding process hurts of course as well as those doing the buying being incapable of knowing whst they want. But make no mistake they are ALWAYS designed to make money for pol friends.

94 percent of large federal information technology projects over the past 10 years were unsuccessful — more than half were delayed, over budget, or didn’t meet user expectations, and 41.4 percent failed completely.
For example, Sam.gov, a system for government contractors developed by I.B.M. that started in 2012, has cost taxpayers $181 million and is just now beginning to work as expected. Before that, a new version of USAJobs.gov landed with a thud, after years during which millions were spent. In 2001, the F.B.I. started a virtual case file system, and after dumping the project, renaming it, and finding new vendors to build it, the project, “Sentinel,” managed to see the light of day just last year.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/25/opinion/getting-to-the-bottom-of-healthcaregovs-flop.html?_r=0

The problems with healthcare.gov are systemic problems in the gov not just problems with a website.

And the kicker is that the source for that is the NY times.

No one is going to make me pay a fine for not buying a product that the website offers because the website didn't work in any of these other examples.

Werbung:
I heard that a college friend of Michelle's is a big honcho at the company that got the no contract bid.

Back