So how is the TEA Party doing ?

dogtowner

Staff member
(i owed tex more info bedt i could do right now)

Per a Redstate article 8/10/12 (sorry i am not clever enough to paste the link) pretty good.

overall 48 of 103
governors 2 & 2
senate 5 of 13
house 41 of 86

thats pretty amazing and far better than libertarians.

Werbung:
I think for starting as an organic 'GRASS ROOTS" effort, they have made amazing progress in a short time.

In 2010, millions of Tea Party conservatives led to the largest turnover in the House of Representatives in over 50 years, and partially upended the bipartisan establishment in the Senate.

Some of the TEA Party victories can be found here:

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/?s=2010 tea party victory

However, take a look at these 15 core beliefs supported by the TEA Party. Do you agree? Disagree? And, why.

Non-Negotiable Core Beliefs Of The Tea Party

1. Illegal Aliens Are Here Illegally.
2. Pro-Domestic Employment Is Indispensable.
3. Stronger Military Is Essential.
4. Special Interests Eliminated.
5. Gun Ownership Is Sacred.
6. Government Must Be Downsized.
7. National Budget Must Be Balanced.
8. Deficit Spending Will End.
9. Bail-Out And Stimulus Plans Are Illegal.
10. Reduce Personal Income Taxes A Must.
11. Reduce Business Income Taxes Are Mandatory.
12. Political Offices Available To Average Citizens.
13. Intrusive Government Stopped.
14. English As Core Language Is Required.
15. Traditional Family Values Are Encouraged.

And Make Cops OBEY THE LAWS! That includes off Duty officers DO NOT SPEED OR PARK IN FIRE LANES AT GROCERY STORES JUST BECAUSE THEY WEAR A BADGE! If they speed or illegaly parking GIVE EM THE TICKET just like the rest of us!

And GET RID OF DEMOCRATS!!!

In 2010, millions of Tea Party conservatives led to the largest turnover in the House of Representatives in over 50 years, and partially upended the bipartisan establishment in the Senate.

Some of the TEA Party victories can be found here:

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/?s=2010 tea party victory

However, take a look at these 15 core beliefs supported by the TEA Party. Do you agree? Disagree? And, why.

Non-Negotiable Core Beliefs Of The Tea Party

1. Illegal Aliens Are Here Illegally.
2. Pro-Domestic Employment Is Indispensable.
3. Stronger Military Is Essential.
4. Special Interests Eliminated.
5. Gun Ownership Is Sacred.
6. Government Must Be Downsized.
7. National Budget Must Be Balanced.
8. Deficit Spending Will End.
9. Bail-Out And Stimulus Plans Are Illegal.
10. Reduce Personal Income Taxes A Must.
11. Reduce Business Income Taxes Are Mandatory.
12. Political Offices Available To Average Citizens.
13. Intrusive Government Stopped.
14. English As Core Language Is Required.
15. Traditional Family Values Are Encouraged.

http://FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY means ...r standards of living for future generations.
the TEA Party Patriots list three

and I think they make more sense. They rely on principle over bullets and I think that they cover the same ground but are not limited to them or by then.

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY means not overspending, and not burdening our children and grandchildren with our bills. In the words of Thomas Jefferson: “the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity [is] swindling futurity on a large scale.” A more fiscally responsible government will take fewer taxes from our paychecks.
CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVERNMENT means power resides with the people and not with the government. Governing should be done at the most local level possible where it can be held accountable. America’s founders believed that government power should be limited, enumerated, and constrained by our Constitution. Tea Party Patriots agree. The American people make this country great, not our government.
FREE MARKET ECONOMICS made America an economic superpower that for at least two centuries provided subsequent generations of Americans more opportunities and higher standards of living. An erosion of our free markets through government intervention is at the heart of America’s current economic decline, stagnating jobs, and spiraling debt and deficits. Failures in government programs and government-controlled financial markets helped spark the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Further government interventions and takeovers have made this Great Recession longer and deeper. A renewed focus on free markets will lead to a more vibrant economy creating jobs and higher standards of living for future generations.

Werbung:
Back