Sick Of Back Room Politics

Werbung:
Yes - but I highlighted only one single precinct within Harris County - which has no registered voters and shows 11 votes cast. How do you explain this?
I can't but I have very little info to go on....Like I said, how do they have no reg voters...and also if that was the case...it would seem it would be pretty easy for someone to fake that yes...given that no one would be voting and no one watching...but it could also be Same Day Registration, or some other issue....And again I never said nothing happens...and also can you show me how if this case was fraud...how a voter ID would help? since the list of people who could vote would be zero...ID or not you could not vote as someone else. The only way you could vote in this state , in person, without being legal...is to give the name of a voter who is registered...and you would have to know that they did not vote....and where not going to. As if they had, well then your kinda busted and going to jail...all to get one extra vote.. that likey would have no effect on any major race anyway....why would anyone do that? Risk alot for so little...

The amount of cased found of voter impersonation fraud ( the only type that a ID would solve, can be counted on one hand here.

I watch a lot of CNN and you would be surprised at some of the nonsense I see and hear our leaders talking about. But you know what is worse? Not knowing what they are talking about because they believe it is essential to do so behind closed doors.

I'll give you an example. Did any of you see the hearings where the programmer for the majority of our voting machine software swore under oath that there were back doors in the program that allowed votes to be switched at a distance? No? I'm not surprised. There was literally ZERO coverage of a story that should have had the people gathering up rope and building gallows. And they probably would had they heard about it. Well I actually was watching CNN when this fellow swore to this and congress just ignored him and moved on.

Look. I and others pay their salaries and these chuckleheads are supposed to be nothing more than representatives and mouthpieces for we the people. And yet...they do much of the deal making behind closed doors where we CANNOT hold them accountable for their scoundrel behavior. Sick of it.

The above is just one example of how little the people elect really care about what we think. We as a people should demand that all deal making and such be done where we the people can see and hear it so we actually know what the critters we voted for are doing. After all, we are the ones who are going to pay for it....one way or another.
Politicians stopped believing they are supposed to answer to the people a long time ago. If they want to get elected to another term after ignoring what the people want, it isn't an issue. Nobody pays attention to their records anyway. As long as they can claim republican or democrat they'll get their votes.

I detest back room politics as much as anyone could and have been an advocate for transparency and accountability for years.

Having said that, I also know that the history of politics has always involved "back rooms", even when the Constitution was being put together.

Which begs the question: Can we have a truly "open" and "transparent" government, though?

Werbung:
I detest back room politics as much as anyone could and have been an advocate for transparency and accountability for years.

Having said that, I also know that the history of politics has always involved "back rooms", even when the Constitution was being put together.

Which begs the question: Can we have a truly "open" and "transparent" government, though?
No. Absolutely, no way. There are the rare few who believe any news is better than being left in the dark. And then there are the people who think they want to know, but are wrong. You know the saying, "you can please some of the people people all the time, all the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time". It's kind of like that

Back