Sick Of Back Room Politics

Salami

I watch a lot of CNN and you would be surprised at some of the nonsense I see and hear our leaders talking about. But you know what is worse? Not knowing what they are talking about because they believe it is essential to do so behind closed doors.

I'll give you an example. Did any of you see the hearings where the programmer for the majority of our voting machine software swore under oath that there were back doors in the program that allowed votes to be switched at a distance? No? I'm not surprised. There was literally ZERO coverage of a story that should have had the people gathering up rope and building gallows. And they probably would had they heard about it. Well I actually was watching CNN when this fellow swore to this and congress just ignored him and moved on.

Look. I and others pay their salaries and these chuckleheads are supposed to be nothing more than representatives and mouthpieces for we the people. And yet...they do much of the deal making behind closed doors where we CANNOT hold them accountable for their scoundrel behavior. Sick of it.

The above is just one example of how little the people elect really care about what we think. We as a people should demand that all deal making and such be done where we the people can see and hear it so we actually know what the critters we voted for are doing. After all, we are the ones who are going to pay for it....one way or another.

Werbung:
These people face election quite often - and you feel you are unable to hold them accountable?

These people face election quite often - and you feel you are unable to hold them accountable?

I get your point and tend to agree. Yet, we must note the fact that he's complaining about voter fraud. It's kind of hard to hold them accountable by voting them out, if the voting system is riddled with fraud. Is it not?

I get your point and tend to agree. Yet, we must note the fact that he's complaining about voter fraud. It's kind of hard to hold them accountable by voting them out, if the voting system is riddled with fraud. Is it not?

If you make the massive assumption that fraud is what decides elections. I'll grant that voter fraud is real, but I haven't seen much evidence by way of fraud being the deciding factor in any election - have you?

The whole point of this is that until the man testified before congress no one knew it was going on. Further more the amount of fraud that occurred is unknown. Continuing right along there is STILL no independent oversight of these machines. Why should "we the people" put our elections in the hands of a company when one of the key employee's who created the system has come forward to whistle blow about intentional backdoors in the system. The man swore under oath that he was instructed to put these backdoors in the software that was installed on every voting machine for the 2000 and 2004 elections.

Congress yawned. OF COURSE they yawned. The chuckleheads benefited from the fraud!

I'll also point out that at least in my town, during the last election I decided to do a little test and took some gear with me to my location and found several wifi signals with names that lead me to believe they were the individual machines at the location. If I chose to do so it would have taken me less than 5 minutes to crack that encryption and likely less than 10 minutes to hack that system myself.

I'd like a more secure voting process please. In fact, lets go back to paper with multiple people verifying each vote. I don't care if it takes a little longer if the oversight is better.

First the fact that you did not see it happen, and it was not on TV...does not make it hidden. It makes it uninteresting to most.
If you make the massive assumption that fraud is what decides elections. I'll grant that voter fraud is real, but I haven't seen much evidence by way of fraud being the deciding factor in any election - have you?

if you replace fraud with suppression I could show you some...but no its not common...though republicans would have you think so with the Voter ID Laws ( that only prevent the least likely non legal voter...as Felons who lost the right and Mail/early voting fraud are 99.9 percent of cases.

But one can look at Florida and how Election laws where used and who was in charge of them in 2000...and also Ron Paul in the Primaries last time was hit hard by some shady dealings within his own party.

First the fact that you did not see it happen, and it was not on TV...does not make it hidden. It makes it uninteresting to most.

if you replace fraud with suppression I could show you some...but no its not common...though republicans would have you think so with the Voter ID Laws ( that only prevent the least likely non legal voter...as Felons who lost the right and Mail/early voting fraud are 99.9 percent of cases.

But one can look at Florida and how Election laws where used and who was in charge of them in 2000...and also Ron Paul in the Primaries last time was hit hard by some shady dealings within his own party.

Since you seem to believe voter fraud in person doesn't really exist can you explain the follow data pulled directly from the Canvass report for the 2014 November General Election here in Harris County?

Harris County Pct 742:
Registered Voters: 0
Total Votes Cast: 11
Early Votes Cast: 0
Election Ballots Cast: 11

This is of course simply one example of many in just one county - one can look at neighboring counties and see the same thing - such as in Galveston County.

How do you explain this?

I was going on his assumption, for argument's sake. If you (general "you" not you personally) feel that voter fraud is a huge problem, you probably don't feel very secure in attempting to use your vote as a way of holding people in office accountable.

As for my personal feelings, I haven't studied the issue enough to give a definitive answer either way. I would not be surprised to find out that it's happened though.

Since you seem to believe voter fraud in person doesn't really exist can you explain the follow data pulled directly from the Canvass report for the 2014 November General Election here in Harris County?

Harris County Pct 742:
Registered Voters: 0
Total Votes Cast: 11
Early Votes Cast: 0
Election Ballots Cast: 11

This is of course simply one example of many in just one county - one can look at neighboring counties and see the same thing - such as in Galveston County.

How do you explain this?
that your not posting enough info. Do you expect me to believe that a whole county not one person was registered to vote? Also no its not a big issue as many large studies have shown...voter Suppression is a issue though. Also I did state that there is Fraud...but that the forms of Fraud generally are not in person voting. Also here you can have no registered voters , and have many vote legally...as we have same day registration

that your not posting enough info. Do you expect me to believe that a whole county not one person was registered to vote?

My post indicated that one precinct had no registered voters - I have no idea where you are getting this idea that the whole county has no registered voters. But as for certain precincts having no registered voters that is quite common.

Also no its not a big issue as many large studies have shown...voter Suppression is a issue though. Also I did state that there is Fraud...but that the forms of Fraud generally are not in person voting. Also here you can have no registered voters , and have many vote legally...as we have same day registration

I just gave you data directly from the election authority here that shows 11 people voted in person in a precinct that has 0 registered voters.

My post indicated that one precinct had no registered voters - I have no idea where you are getting this idea that the whole county has no registered voters. But as for certain precincts having no registered voters that is quite common.

I just gave you data directly from the election authority here that shows 11 people voted in person in a precinct that has 0 registered voters.
that was to be county, damn autocorrect

you where pulling info from Harris county,...

Are we talking Harris county TX?

That's where True the Vote found all those discrepancies and landed in the IRS scandal. They found thousands of illegally registered voters in Sheila Jackson Lee's district, and Lee turned them into Cummings, who sits on the House oversight committee.

This current batch of Democrats have to be the most corrupt politicians this country has ever seen.

Werbung:
Are we talking Harris county TX?

That's where True the Vote found all those discrepancies and landed in the IRS scandal. They found thousands of illegally registered voters in Sheila Jackson Lee's district, and Lee turned them into Cummings, who sits on the House oversight committee.

This current batch of Democrats have to be the most corrupt politicians this country has ever seen.

Yep - Harris County, Texas. (I live in Houston)

Back