Should we have tougher anti bullying laws?

steveox

I think its time to get tough on kids who bully other kids in school. You see teachers and school administrators wont do anything about bullying. I think it should become a crime if you bully another kid if its not resulted in a death or an injury. Like 1st offense is a week suspension. 2nd offense is 2 weeks 3rd is you deal with the police and you go to juvenile detention center and go to court and face a judge. And Judge decides your fate. If Bullying resulted in a death or an injury that's much more serious you get arrested and you spend the rest of your youth life in an juvenile detention center until you turn 18. I like more tougher anti bullying laws in America.

Werbung:
havent been in a school lately have you ?

they do quite a lot regarding bullying. its hard to pin actual harm on someone who doesnt actually do harm though. sure if a kid gets the snot beaten out of him the cops can and should get involved. but name calling and such while it may contribute to a kid harming himself is just not easy to justify criminal procedings.

The Parents? Why not the teachers and the staff? They should put a stop to it.

they genrrally do when theyre aware of it.

however its the psrents job to notice this and.raise kid to be able to deal with it. if they fail at this and.kid.is ptedisposed.to it then self harm
may happen.

Kids are out of control today. Poor parenting and too many fatherless homes or they are distracted. Also, all the touchy feely rules help them practically get away with murder.

Everyday there are articles about fight clubs, flash mobs smashing up stores and mob riots, and it's getting worse.

Kids are out of control today. Poor parenting and too many fatherless homes or they are distracted. Also, all the touchy feely rules help them practically get away with murder.

Everyday there are articles about fight clubs, flash mobs smashing up stores and mob riots, and it's getting worse.

yup. and it will continue to get worse until parent(s) are held criminally accountable. (notice how that law ceased.being enforced ?)

Making tougher laws and with tougher juvenile sentencing. You cant charge kids as adults with bullying. By educating the kids and make them think twice before bullying someone. Like if you serve life in an juvenile detention center you cant go to college even you do graduate from juvenile detention center. Yeah you can argue well he or she change their lives around. But you can get a job with a high school education but you cant go to college because you committed this crime and caused death as the result of it.

When I was in school, and also it's the same now that I'm at university, the bullying is mostly limited to passive aggression, which consists of name-calling. However, that stuff is impossible to stop. I mean, really, how can you stop hate speech? The best strategy is to ignore it, though at times it will be incredibly difficult.

When I was in school, and also it's the same now that I'm at university, the bullying is mostly limited to passive aggression, which consists of name-calling.

If this is what passes for bullying today then I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

If kids don't get bullied in school, how will they learn how to cope with the bullying they will receive as adults?
School is a time of education. Not just readin' and writin' and math but also how to live their lives and survive on the mean streets of liberalism.
If you never are bullied in school, how will you cope with the IRS when you earn your own money?
How will you learn to handle belligerent drivers in traffic? When will you learn about road rage?
What will you do when your boss tries to cram the latest progressive clap-trap down your throat at work?
How is a kid going to learn how to deal with a street gang if he/she has been protected all his/her life?
Bullies are cowards and society as a whole would be better off without any bullies.
But dealing with government thugs and liberal establishment bullies is an important skill every kid should learn.
The bullying just gets more insidious and more dangerous when you get out of school.
The bullying will never be eliminated. If you want to do something positive, teach kids how to deal with bullies themselves.

There are anti-bullying laws and some schools do abide by them. In fact, some schools are very strict about following them, and make sure that their faculty follow them. I know someone who worked in the school system who actually signed a form that they would abide by the anti-bullying laws and intervene when they saw bullying happening. This person took this quite seriously never let such behavior pass. Unfortuntely, some schools don't exercise the anti-bullying laws as they should and its still goes on. In fact, it can sometimes be worse then it was years ago. At least at that time there wasn't social media to add fuel to the fire where the bullies would go to evolk even more abuse.

If this is what passes for bullying today then I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Very few kids are going to beat up somebody. When I was growing up, I never saw one case of it. It's always verbal bullying and throwing things. However, such bullying often leads to a fight because the bullied person gets fed up with it.

Nontheless, the best strategy when encountering verbal bullying is to ignore it. However, throwing things might count as physical aggression. :mad:

Last edited:
Werbung:
bullying is an excuse for that end. put the blame where it belongs, on the parents.

Do you have kids?

That's a cop out. Not every ill that children face can be blamed on the parents. Yeah, some parents suck, but not all of them. You also have to stop and think that the kid is in school 8 hours per day, and that is where the bullying is occurring. The parents aren't even there, but yeah, of course it's all their fault.

Back