Should we ban the indoctrination and brainwashing of children by religions? Is it child abuse?

"The children themselves will grow up and learn to think for themselves."

Check the stats and note that about 70% of Americans believe in hell.

Seems that Christians never think for themselves once the indoctrination takes hold.

You may not believe in God but you do not seem to have developed your social conscience to the degree that you might want.

We are all in this together and to allow so many children to be abused is not exercising good social conscience.

Regards
DL
What's wrong with that percentage? Did you just decide that all of them would think the same as you?
Not meaning to offend, but you do realize that some people may actually choose to believe in a god, despite what they were brought up to believe? I've known people to convert from one religion to another, from no religion to believing, etc. I would still hardly call this brainwashing.

Werbung:
What's wrong with that percentage? Did you just decide that all of them would think the same as you?
Not meaning to offend, but you do realize that some people may actually choose to believe in a god, despite what they were brought up to believe? I've known people to convert from one religion to another, from no religion to believing, etc. I would still hardly call this brainwashing.

Some are as foolish as you say and do think there is a God out there somewhere but that is not what Jesus taught nor any of the wisest sages.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

But hey, if you think it good to live in a delusional state then by all means, believe is some guy in the sky and ignore what Jesus learned.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL

Actually, children can be indoctrinated into anything. It's nearly impossible to keep them from being indoctrinated by anything, to keep them as free thinkers, if such a thing exists with children anyway. Yes, I am sad that some children are enslaved into silly beliefs which harm them and are pointless. For instance, imagine the poor Jehovah's Witness children who can't play Super Mario due to supposed magic, or celebrate Christmas.

Last edited:
I'm also agnostic and while there might be a God, I'm willing to just find out later when I go to meet them or not but I don't think it should be banned either.

When it comes to people saying this or that should be band, or that should be made illegal, just because people don't agree with it I have an issue. Banning things doesn't necessarily work and just drives it further underground sometimes.

When it comes to people saying this or that should be band, or that should be made illegal, just because people don't agree with it I have an issue.

I agree with this. You can't just go around trying to ban everything you don't like. Eventually, they'll ban something you do like or something that is important to you. Freedom -for all- needs to be protected at all costs.

I'm not too worried about religion being banned though. The hate and intolerance displayed by this person are so extreme that it's almost comical. I don't take his posts seriously.

Humans are spiritual, it's in their nature. Where does that come from? Why do they have a conscience about what is good and bad?

Actually, children can be indoctrinated into anything. It's nearly impossible to keep them from being indoctrinated by anything, to keep them as free thinkers, if such a thing exists with children anyway. Yes, I am sad that some children are enslaved into silly beliefs which harm them and are pointless. For instance, imagine the poor Jehovah's Witness children who can't play Super Mario due to supposed magic, or celebrate Christmas.

Indeed. Or the poor children who were murdered by J W before the law forced them to seek medical treatments and blood transfusions.

Regards
DL

I'm also agnostic and while there might be a God, I'm willing to just find out later when I go to meet them or not but I don't think it should be banned either.

When it comes to people saying this or that should be band, or that should be made illegal, just because people don't agree with it I have an issue. Banning things doesn't necessarily work and just drives it further underground sometimes.

I do not like to ban things either but when harm to children is being ignored, then morality forces us to ban things.

Many countries are beginning to ban some aspects of Islam and Islam itself because of the harm they see being done by those Islamic practices.

Children in Africa are being killed right now because Christianity teaches that witches should be killed.

Should we just ignore those deaths and not try to have Christianity smarten up and stop teaching such harmful garbage?

Are we not our brothers keeper?

Regards
DL

I agree with this. You can't just go around trying to ban everything you don't like. Eventually, they'll ban something you do like or something that is important to you. Freedom -for all- needs to be protected at all costs.

I'm not too worried about religion being banned though. The hate and intolerance displayed by this person are so extreme that it's almost comical. I don't take his posts seriously.

What is intolerant is Islam killing all those who will not join the Caliphate.

Regards
DL

Humans are spiritual, it's in their nature. Where does that come from? Why do they have a conscience about what is good and bad?

Spirituality is morality. Those comer from instincts.

We call it morality but all it is is a name we give to the instincts of survival that default to cooperation as that is the best survival strategy for us.

Regards
DL

Actually, there are many things I cannot stop. For instance, I don't really like the fact a lot of parents smoke around young children in the car, as well as at home. However, I can't really do anything about it, anymore than I can do anything about Islam brainwashing children to become Jihadist.

One person might not be able to do a great deal, but that shouldn't stop that one person trying.

If everyone thought like that, then we might aswell just all give up hope of ever changing anything again.

Actually, there are many things I cannot stop. For instance, I don't really like the fact a lot of parents smoke around young children in the car, as well as at home. However, I can't really do anything about it, anymore than I can do anything about Islam brainwashing children to become Jihadist.

Nice that most do not think as you do.

Most, even those who are not believers, seem to recognize this type of wisdom.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

You say can't do anything but you mean wont bother top do the right thing.

Regards
DL

One person might not be able to do a great deal, but that shouldn't stop that one person trying.

If everyone thought like that, then we might aswell just all give up hope of ever changing anything again.

Indeed. Think of how life would be if most of us had not corrected poor thinking in the past. We would still be living in caves and trees.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Three are all sorts of types of child abuse. In the thread, https://www.houseofpolitics.com/thr...-help-create-more-victims-with-silence.18661/, I mentioned the fact people should be free to do what they want as long as they aren't hurting others.

However, people with children often force thier negative behavior on their offspring. A lot of times, the parents can't help it, cause thier culture sees nothing wrong with it. For instance, if they enjoy the profanity and violence filled video game "Grand Theft Auto'", they might see no problem letting an 8 year old play it. Of course, note I am not against violence, only situations where bad guys look cool.

Anyhow, ultimately, the problem the OP faces is the fact his hatred of religion goes against certain people's culture. Ultimately, it's a cultural problem and it's nearly impossible to get people to change. You have all sorts of things at work: pride, brainwashing, resentment of outsiders etc..

Last edited:
Back