Should voting be mandatory?

I can't believe you took it there with snoopy! In some circles, those are fighting' words! Lol

you know the movies where the young teacher goes to work in a poor, inner city school? She is hopeful and full of ideas, while all the seasoned teachers are bitter and have basically given up on life all together? That's kindof how I see Carly. Well, except I'm sure she isn't niave and full of hope and good intentions. As a matter of fact, she strikes me as one of those women who would pee standing up just to prove she's as good as any man. But maybe she hasnt been taught the ins and outs of the crooked, 'bribe a politician' game.
if you pee standing up to prove your as good as any man, your not. you have serious inferiority complex.

Werbung:
For a moment I thought you were talking about human beings. But then I realized that post couldn't be that cold and callous. And it hit me! The post is obviously talking about corporate welfare that billions and billions of our tax dollars go towards. The post knows, I bet, that its posts like this one and so many more that's paying the billions because the corporations are paying less taxes than anybody. I feel kind of bad for judging the post based on a false assumption that the post wants to live in a world where the poor people are forced to starve to death (since growing or killing food to feed your family is illegal in a lot of places.), and the extremely greedy and rich corporations got everybodies tax money because some silly post thinks helping people live is worse than CEOs of corporations needed the $12,000,000 Christmas bonus

This is a prime example of why conservatives are liked a whole lot less than a cockroach. When the blind allow evil to take them by the hand and lead them into a world where people who need help buying FOOD are evil and bums. Yet billionaires who want everyone else to pay taxes while they get millions in corporate welfare and don't pay any taxes. And people go for it!!! What am I missing? How did our country turn into this? Real people mean less to half the population than a terrible corporate leach with a head at both ends? And all I can think about is all the ways these corporations are going to bite each and everyone of those lost, blind souls right on the buttocks.

I have been thinking about this for some time now…The bible tells us, The Poor you shall have with you always, But it tells us to help the poor.. And my liberal friends keep telling me, “It’s what God would do” I believe that the idea of true “social justice” can only exist as a result of righteousness. As far as social equality is concerned, there are two elements of righteousness that must exist for it to take place. First, mankind must learn to put off selfishness and develop true charity. With charity, the pure love of Christ, in his heart, man will look upon those who stand in need of assistance and give to them willingly, out of a sense of compassion and love. A charitable person is not compelled to do for others, he does so as a byproduct of the Christ like attribute he has developed within.

Second, social justice cannot be achieved until men are righteous to the degree that each exercises self-sufficiency to the full measure of their ability. There are some in our society who are content to live off the labor of others. Whether this comes as a result of laziness, a misplaced sense of entitlement, or any other reason, it is an obstacle to achieving equality and justice in our society and it is a WRONG. When possessions are taken from he who earned it and given to one who did not earn it, but was capable of doing so, justice is not present.

The presence of these two elements of righteousness, charity and self-sufficiency, are essential to real justice and equality in society. We read in the scriptures of two examples where Zion societies were achieved; the City of Enoch and the Nephite nation described in Fourth Nephi. In both of these cases the society that was achieved was the direct result of righteousness. I say that the righteousness of these peoples included both the element of charity and self-sufficiency. It was not the product of government intervention.

I believe that real social justice can only attained by following this pattern. Efforts to achieve social justice through any kind of redistributive measures cannot succeed. There is a serious problem with government and social policies enacted to achieve social justice and universal equality. Since righteousness cannot be legislated or forced upon man, neither then can the fruits of righteousness be enjoyed as a consequence of government. There are several problems that arise when a government attempts to force equality in society.

Instead of telling me how I'm a terrible human being.. show me where I'm wrong.. your post just proves my point, the poor are being told we hate them.. NOT TRUE..

My country is great because Americans are the most generous and giving people on earth. America is great because Americans are kind.

I have been thinking about this for some time now…The bible tells us, The Poor you shall have with you always, But it tells us to help the poor.. And my liberal friends keep telling me, “It’s what God would do” I believe that the idea of true “social justice” can only exist as a result of righteousness. As far as social equality is concerned, there are two elements of righteousness that must exist for it to take place. First, mankind must learn to put off selfishness and develop true charity. With charity, the pure love of Christ, in his heart, man will look upon those who stand in need of assistance and give to them willingly, out of a sense of compassion and love. A charitable person is not compelled to do for others, he does so as a byproduct of the Christ like attribute he has developed within.

Second, social justice cannot be achieved until men are righteous to the degree that each exercises self-sufficiency to the full measure of their ability. There are some in our society who are content to live off the labor of others. Whether this comes as a result of laziness, a misplaced sense of entitlement, or any other reason, it is an obstacle to achieving equality and justice in our society and it is a WRONG. When possessions are taken from he who earned it and given to one who did not earn it, but was capable of doing so, justice is not present.

The presence of these two elements of righteousness, charity and self-sufficiency, are essential to real justice and equality in society. We read in the scriptures of two examples where Zion societies were achieved; the City of Enoch and the Nephite nation described in Fourth Nephi. In both of these cases the society that was achieved was the direct result of righteousness. I say that the righteousness of these peoples included both the element of charity and self-sufficiency. It was not the product of government intervention.

I believe that real social justice can only attained by following this pattern. Efforts to achieve social justice through any kind of redistributive measures cannot succeed. There is a serious problem with government and social policies enacted to achieve social justice and universal equality. Since righteousness cannot be legislated or forced upon man, neither then can the fruits of righteousness be enjoyed as a consequence of government. There are several problems that arise when a government attempts to force equality in society.

Instead of telling me how I'm a terrible human being.. show me where I'm wrong.. your post just proves my point, the poor are being told we hate them.. NOT TRUE..

My country is great because Americans are the most generous and giving people on earth. America is great because Americans are kind.

no no we are not, we are not the most giving, we are not the most kind, and we are not great.

"All told, a dozen states have approved new obstacles to voting. Kansas and Alabama now require would-be voters to provide proof of citizenship before registering. Florida and Texas made it harder for groups like the League of Women Voters to register new voters. Maine repealed Election Day voter registration, which had been on the books since 1973. Five states – Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Tennessee and West Virginia – cut short their early voting periods. Florida and Iowa barred all ex-felons from the polls, disenfranchising thousands of previously eligible voters. And six states controlled by Republican governors and legislatures – Alabama, Kansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin – will require voters to produce a government-issued ID before casting ballots. More than 10 percent of U.S. citizens lack such identification, and the numbers are even higher among constituencies that traditionally lean Democratic – including 18 percent of young voters and 25 percent of African-Americans."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-gop-war-on-voting-20110830#ixzz3c9JGRkBt

This is not evidence. Evidence involves looking at actual turnout figures with competitive races and comparing them between states with Voter ID and without.

Here is what Bloomberg had to say:"
To see if the recent election offers any evidence either way, I dug up voter turnout figures for the 21 states that had a competitive gubernatorial or Senate race, as rated by the Cook Political Report. (I excluded Colorado, where voters cast ballots mostly by mail.) Some results are still unofficial and may change slightly.

Fourteen of the 21 states had a voter ID requirement in place, while seven didn't. If ID laws affected turnout in these states, it didn’t show up in the numbers: The average turnout rate for each group was 51 percent.

Next, I looked at turnout in the South, where much of the debate on voter ID has focused, because many opponents argue that ID laws function as a modern day poll tax, hitting poor and minority voters hardest.

Five states in the old Confederacy, and two that bordered it, had competitive statewide elections. The states with a voter ID requirement, including Louisiana and Florida, had the highest turnout rates; the two states where no ID is required -- Maryland and North Carolina -- had the lowest."

Here is CNN about the Texas elections:
"So, in terms of raw votes, turnout in 2013 increased by about 63% over turnout in 2011 in comparable elections. But that's statewide. How about in areas the anti-voter ID side predicted should see "suppression"?

Turnout for the 2011 election was 5.37% of registered voters; for 2013 it was about 8%.

Democrats allege that voter ID will suppress the vote in predominantly Hispanic regions. Hidalgo County sits on the Texas-Mexico border and is 90% Hispanic. In 2011, an average of just over 4,000 voted in the constitutional amendment election. In 2013, an average of over 16,000 voted."

The common refrain of "Republicans want to suppress votes" simply doesn't add up when you look at voter turnout.

For a moment I thought you were talking about human beings. But then I realized that post couldn't be that cold and callous. And it hit me! The post is obviously talking about corporate welfare that billions and billions of our tax dollars go towards. The post knows, I bet, that its posts like this one and so many more that's paying the billions because the corporations are paying less taxes than anybody. I feel kind of bad for judging the post based on a false assumption that the post wants to live in a world where the poor people are forced to starve to death (since growing or killing food to feed your family is illegal in a lot of places.), and the extremely greedy and rich corporations got everybodies tax money because some silly post thinks helping people live is worse than CEOs of corporations needed the $12,000,000 Christmas bonus

This is a prime example of why conservatives are liked a whole lot less than a cockroach. When the blind allow evil to take them by the hand and lead them into a world where people who need help buying FOOD are evil and bums. Yet billionaires who want everyone else to pay taxes while they get millions in corporate welfare and don't pay any taxes. And people go for it!!! What am I missing? How did our country turn into this? Real people mean less to half the population than a terrible corporate leach with a head at both ends? And all I can think about is all the ways these corporations are going to bite each and everyone of those lost, blind souls right on the buttocks.

We can just point out that "corporate subsidies" are not paid by everyone. They are paid by the people that actually pay federal taxes - which eliminates about half the country.

That aside, the most recent estimate for how much is spent on "corporate welfare" is a ballpark of $100 billion a year. Great - let's eliminate that completely (ignoring the real reasons behind many of them) and we can look around and realize we are still running a huge deficit and still sitting on trillions and trillions of debt.

As for "what you are missing" - its a lot based on comments like this one: "Yet billionaires who want everyone else to pay taxes while they get millions in corporate welfare and don't pay any taxes. And people go for it!!! What am I missing?" What you are missing is a grasp of reality.

We can just point out that "corporate subsidies" are not paid by everyone. They are paid by the people that actually pay federal taxes - which eliminates about half the country.

That aside, the most recent estimate for how much is spent on "corporate welfare" is a ballpark of $100 billion a year. Great - let's eliminate that completely (ignoring the real reasons behind many of them) and we can look around and realize we are still running a huge deficit and still sitting on trillions and trillions of debt.

As for "what you are missing" - its a lot based on comments like this one: "Yet billionaires who want everyone else to pay taxes while they get millions in corporate welfare and don't pay any taxes. And people go for it!!! What am I missing?" What you are missing is a grasp of reality.

Im just guessing your useing hte CATO numbers...so useing those same numbers thats 850 bucks a year per tax payer in the US...But you know hey its such a small number. fact is if the Republicans want to actuly cut the budget down here is where you start....and with tax shelters and loopholes used to get out of paying taxes that are not counted here.....But no, we have to start with food stamps and the poor....show us you mean it, and maybe if the budget it still a issue we can start deciding to cut funds for the more poor among us...lets start by trimming the top ...untill then I will call it what it is, just a attack on the poor...and has nothing to do with the debt.

Werbung:

You confirm my point, I'm BAD and your good.. You don't know me.. This country is so divided, so much hate.. Everything I said is true and you know it..

Back