Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?

I've never even heard of any of these "charities!" I don't know what any of them have to do with Christianity, but I will say that if people go around donating to every Tom, Dick and Harry that asks for money, "for someone else," they may as well kiss their money goodbye, and quit whining about it! At least it's voluntary, unlike the excessive taxation by the government!

You cannot me what is going on for yourself and your money.

If we did not give undeserving charities and religions tax breaks and exemptions, you and I would not need to pay as much as we do in taxes.

Keep saying you do not care about the gullible all you like. You are paying for them.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Then, clearly, there are already laws in place to deal with provable fraud.

I think we can scientifically show that snakes and donkeys cannot speak any human languages.

We have accepted lies that we say we cannot prove wrong but that is a cop out.

Regards
DL

I get the point behind the question, but would challenge your definition of "lie for money" because lying can be a very broad issue (if you really think about it!) Let me provide an example:

Suppose an educational institution charges $500 per credit hour for a degree that turns out to be worthless. Would the institution be wrong for advertising that they offer training that can lead to a successful career? What if they imply, but don't actually say it?

Why come up with a new scenario? We have plenty of those already.

We are talking about outright lies or lies close enough to lies for us to be able to say that someone is definitely lying, or just too confused to deserve a tax break.

Regards
DL

Here we go again..The Word of God entitles no one, not even the poorest person, to something he's unwilling to work for. I didn't say "unable," but unwilling. When upside-downers want to defend state compulsion as "charity," finding nothing resembling that in the Bible they will often bring up the law of gleaning. The government had nothing to do with gleaning, so it's irrelevant to their argument. But beyond that, gleaning was the practice by farmers back in the times of Jesus… They would leave the edges of their crops un-harvested, so that the poor could come and pick their own food. Yes, imagine that: The unfortunate had to physically go to the field and work for their meals, like everyone else! How dignifying, compared to the liberals solution of groveling dependency.

We have to get our dignity back…………….Doug

You just go ahead and ask a corporate farm to hold back on his crop harvest and see what kind of an answer you get.

I recognize what you want dignity wise but we do not live in a world of artisans anymore.

Regards
DL

@cashmccall: "And if you really don't... see the problem with harvesting the organs of purposely murdered babies, you are seriously disturbed."

Do you really have any doubt?

Yes I remember when abortion was legalized, and all the lies that surrounded the decision, that MULTITUDE of poor helpless women who were victims of rape and incest, and after all, it was just a bunch of cells that weren't viable anyway, blah blah blah! And look where we are! For some reason, after 40 years, so many strong, empowered women can't even seem to have the presence of mind to use birth control, or keep their legs together! There seems to be a thread of sociopathy running through society, and I don't even think it's a matter of good people in denial. I think a lot of people just don't care! There is a real element of evil here, and there are those who would mock it, at their peril!

Nothing here about male responsibility.

Just pile it all on women. But don't let them decide this issue.

That is a man's job. Right?

Regards
DL

Nothing here about male responsibility.

Just pile it all on women. But don't let them decide this issue.

That is a man's job. Right?

Regards
DL
Hey it's like this..I'm a woman. If I don't want pregnancy, I am going to take responsibility for MY bodily functions. I am either going to use appropriate birth control, and yes that includes insisting on use of condoms, or I'm going to keep my freakin' legs shut! It is MY body! I am the one who can become pregnant, NOT my male counterpart! I am also going to keep any possibility of a pregnancy within the confines of marriage, so that if I do become pregnant, my child will have a mother AND a father, like God intended! What I will NOT do is murder a child that I helped create!

Hey it's like this..I'm a woman. If I don't want pregnancy, I am going to take responsibility for MY bodily functions. I am either going to use appropriate birth control, and yes that includes insisting on use of condoms, or I'm going to keep my freakin' legs shut! It is MY body! I am the one who can become pregnant, NOT my male counterpart! I am also going to keep any possibility of a pregnancy within the confines of marriage, so that if I do become pregnant, my child will have a mother AND a father, like God intended! What I will NOT do is murder a child that I helped create!

Good for you.

I hate to see a potential human destroyed.

Strange that the U.S., a Christian nation, leads the way in abortion statistics.

Regards
DL

Good for you.

I hate to see a potential human destroyed.

Strange that the U.S., a Christian nation, leads the way in abortion statistics.

Regards
DL
They're not "potential." They are fully human, with spirit intact. The U.S. is probably second only to Nazi germany in abortion statistics, thanks to 40 years of propaganda about a woman's "right to choose" to cover her mistake with murder of the innocent! Go libs!

They're not "potential." They are fully human, with spirit intact. The U.S. is probably second only to Nazi germany in abortion statistics, thanks to 40 years of propaganda about a woman's "right to choose" to cover her mistake with murder of the innocent! Go libs!

If Americans were willing to pay to keep all those potential people and care for the women instead of just providing the barest minimum and having them fill the poverty ranks, then perhaps more women would keep their potential humans.

Americans will not put their money where their mouths are and you and I both know the dismal conditions and sociological problem single family homes create.

If a mother or potential mother, I would likely abort just for that reason. Society does not care.

Regards
DL

Seriously, there are a lot of other institutions that you can pick up outside of the church. How about the Federal Reserve? How about the news media? Every time you watch commercial you support them. Why don't you have a problem with suing the three major networks, every cable company, and for that matter, every media company on the planet? Your beef isn't with organizations that lie, it's with the church. Knock it off.

Seriously, there are a lot of other institutions that you can pick up outside of the church. How about the Federal Reserve? How about the news media? Every time you watch commercial you support them. Why don't you have a problem with suing the three major networks, every cable company, and for that matter, every media company on the planet? Your beef isn't with organizations that lie, it's with the church. Knock it off.
Hahahaha! Thanks for pointing out that the Emperor has no clothes! :ROFLMAO: All the phony agenda crap is really tedious to wade through, isn't it? Sometimes I make the mistake of getting side tracked, and falling into the long drawn out stream of BS. Sometimes a simple "...knock it off!" will do just fine.

Why would you want to give churches and mosques carte blanche to lie while asking me to look everywhere but to the one's who spout off about being the moral standard of excellence?

Seems rather hypocritical of you?

Regards
DL

Werbung:
People in religious institutions make their choices to give money into the collection plate. That isn't a crime. There are hundreds of legitimate needs to be done for charity among the people in their communities: Rehabilitation centers for drug addicts wanting recovery and support, orphanages, hospital visits to the lonely and loss, veterans, half-way houses... etc... Churches and religious communities are doing their duty to help in making some of the poor situations to help better their fellowmen's poor condition. And the government should back them up. On the other hand, religious and secular institutions and corrupt governing politicians who steal from the people should be accountable to the law and justice of the land.

About preachers 'who like superstars' making a lot of money through people's 'hand-outs' and not a cent being shared (I don't know) to the poor, their work -- good or for evil selfish gain--will surely follow them and haunt them all their days.

Every citizen is answerable to the laws of the land.

Last edited:
Back